PDA

View Full Version : Judeo-Christian America Under Threat

icenine
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/04/paul-ryan-social-conservatives-religious-freedom_n_2074129.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

I guess he is concerned about Obamacare threatening our religious freedoms, but I guess gutting Medicaid is just find and dandy. I guess social justice and concern for the poor do not fit in with his milieu. Perhaps Ayn Rand colored his outlook.

I graduated from Kent State, a fellow institution along with Miami of Ohio in the Mid-American Conference. I was thinking if Mitt was elected and he died we would have the first modern American president not from the Ivy League or military academies in the driver seat, but one from the lowly MAC. Well I pray we keep it Ivy League a few more years.

finnbow
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/04/paul-ryan-social-conservatives-religious-freedom_n_2074129.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

I graduated from Kent State, a fellow institution along with Miami of Ohio in the Mid-American Conference. I was thinking if Mitt was elected and he died we would have the first modern American president not from the Ivy League or military academies in the driver seat, but one from the lowly MAC. Well I pray we keep it Ivy League a few more years.

Here's another interesting article about the Ryan/Miami of Ohio connection.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/opinion/keller-the-republican-id.html

BlueStreak
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
"Religious Freedom under attack"................

And this from a guy who gets his inspiration from an avowed Atheist, who claimed on television in 1959, that the altruistic nature of Judeo-Christian principles is ".....not just wrong, it's evil."

If the crap that flows from these guys gets any deeper, we'll need diving suits.

Regards,
Dave

icenine
11-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Here's another interesting article about the Ryan/Miami of Ohio connection.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/opinion/keller-the-republican-id.html

This Hart guy is another government worker (state of Ohio) who has tenure and is railing against government dependency. The people who are dependent are paying his salary out of their state taxes by the way.

Rex E.
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
And this from a guy who gets his inspiration from an avowed Atheist, who claimed on television in 1959, that the altruistic nature of Judeo-Christian principles is ".....not just wrong, it's evil."

Regards,
Dave

This Hart guy is another government worker (state of Ohio) who has tenure and is railing against government dependency. The people who are dependent are paying his salary out of their state taxes by the way.

Please stop with all these facts. They are just getting in the way and causing confusion.....:rolleyes:

ebacon
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
The Pope commented on the modern GOP. :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9iSVgwTZGuI/Tbdn1F4GXqI/AAAAAAAAFKs/sI6lkIPE_z0/s320/HHB16%2Bdismayed.jpg

icenine
11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
the pope commented on the modern gop. :d

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9isvgwtzgui/tbdn1f4gxqi/aaaaaaaafks/si6lkipe_z0/s320/hhb16%2bdismayed.jpg

ach du mein gyte!

argoweaver
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
"Religious Freedom under attack"................

If the crap that flows from these guys gets any deeper, we'll need diving suits.

Regards,
Dave

judeo-christian ,if that's not an oxymoron then i don't know the meaning.

finnbow
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
judeo-christian ,if that's not an oxymoron then i don't know the meaning.

Why am I not surprised?:cool:

argoweaver
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
listen and you will learn . read and absorb my words and you will understand the world we live in, as never before.

finnbow
01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
listen and you will learn . read and absorb my words and you will understand the world we live in, as never before.

I've forgotten more about politics, geopolitics, religion, and geography than you'll ever hope to learn.

Expound a bit about your educational background and degrees.

argoweaver
01-14-2013, 05:23 PM
i don't wear them on my sleeves. kind of boorish ,no? just ask ,I'll enlighten.

finnbow
01-14-2013, 05:26 PM
i don't wear them on my sleeves. kind of boorish ,no? just ask ,I'll enlighten.

I thought I did.

bobabode
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM

Oh boy, another tinhorn self proclaimed prophet of the lord... I'll bet you're all set to go Old Testament on the unbelievers? Got any pictures of the lightning bolts shooting out of your ass?:rolleyes:

Dude- climb out of your bunker of doom and breathe the clean air of reality.

Where are you from anyway?

argoweaver
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
that's what i'm trying to get you and others to do. wake up.. Wo kommst du kameraden?

finnbow
01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
that's what i'm trying to get you and others to do. wake up.. Wo kommst du kameraden?

Dein Deutsch ist unheimlich schlecht.

argoweaver
01-14-2013, 05:38 PM
das ist was du bist ,schwein.

Boreas
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
das ist was du bist ,schwein.

German for "I know you are but what am I?"

John

BlueStreak
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM

PFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.............................:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

BlueStreak
01-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Oh boy, another tinhorn self proclaimed prophet of the lord... I'll bet you're all set to go Old Testament on the unbelievers? Got any pictures of the lightning bolts shooting out of your ass?:rolleyes:

You got it, Brother!

Regards,
Dave

merrylander
01-15-2013, 07:26 AM

Sonny considering all of the experience I have had in my life I sincerely doubt that there is a damn thing you can teach me, or anyone else on this board.

ebacon
01-15-2013, 07:36 AM
A new low. I want Mezz back.

merrylander
01-15-2013, 07:39 AM
a new low. I want mezz back.

rotflmao

piece-itpete
01-15-2013, 10:11 AM
To get all original topic, we need the Ivory Tower to tell us how to be happy? :p

Pete

icenine
01-15-2013, 10:26 AM
To get all original topic, we need the Ivory Tower to tell us how to be happy? :p

Pete

Yes Pete you are evidence for the need of governmental elite bureaucracies to direct your way of thinking for the betterment of everyone else in society....;)

piece-itpete
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
LMAO!! :D

Pete

Boreas
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
A new low. I want Mezz back.

Ed, I was thinking along the same lines. I was going to start a thread that basically said that, after being introduced to a true lunatic in argoweaver, I'm now forced to view people like mezz or whell in a very different light.

By the way, Ed, welcome back. You were missed.

John

piece-itpete
01-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Some day we should discuss what we have in common. Most of our differences (not all of course) are matters of degree, not of kind.

I think we all agree that nazis have emotional issues.

Pete

CarlV
01-15-2013, 10:56 AM

Glenn Beck Building Ayn Rand-Inspired Utopia (http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/glenn-beck-building-his-own-city)

:p

Carl

bobabode
01-15-2013, 03:24 PM
That name has already taken, Independence, Missouri. I was going to joke that his shining slum on the hill has already been built, in Anaheim, Ca., but then I read the link. :rolleyes:

d-ray657
01-15-2013, 03:36 PM
That name has already taken, Independence, Missouri. I was going to joke that his shining slum on the hill has already been built, in Anaheim, Ca., but then I read the link. :rolleyes:

Hey, there's an Independence, Kansas too. But would one really expect anything original to come from that doofus?

A bit of Irony, Independence, MO is the hometown of Harry Truman. He'd give Beck a load of Hell.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM

Independence, Oregon too. (Isn't that where Beck is from? Washington maybe?)

John

Washington.

And there's this little gem.

"On May 15, 1979, while out on a small boat with a male companion, Beck's mother drowned just west of Tacoma, Washington, in the Puget Sound. The man who had taken her out in the boat also drowned. A Tacoma police report stated that Mary Beck "appeared to be a classic drowning victim", but a Coast Guard investigator speculated that she could have intentionally jumped overboard. Beck has described his mother's death as a suicide in interviews during television and radio broadcasts."

With apologies to Tom Lehrer....

There once lived a man named Oedipus Rex.
You may have heard about his odd complex.
His name appears in Freud's index
'cause he loved his mother.

John

piece-itpete
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
There's also Independence, Ohio. Nice place, lots of flags :)

I'd LOVE to hear givem hell Harry on todays' issues!

Pete

piece-itpete
01-15-2013, 03:41 PM

Whoa, tough crowd! http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/174798_236284393121859_527942833_q.jpg

Pete

bobabode
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Some day we should discuss what we have in common. Most of our differences are matters of degree, not of kind.

Pete
Agreed but I have faith that you'll come around to our way of thinking, eventually, Pete.;)

Being a 'German' American (the majority of my bloodline) I have plenty of issues with these latest incarnation of fascists. White supremacists are about the most ignorant punks on the planet. Geez, it isn't enough for whitey to own and control most everything in this country? When these mental midgits start up with the victim card, I feel like lacing up my size 11 steeltoed Redwings and giving them something to really piss, moan and cry about.
(Now, I'm sounding like my old man.:o)
He was a tough old bird & a Methodist minister. He would feed you a bar of soap for saying cusswords but if you were to say the 'N' word or any other racial slur? Man, you would be picking your teeth up off the floor. That must be where I get my intolerance for intolerance and ignorant racist punks.

BlueStreak
01-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Agreed but I have faith that you'll come around to our way of thinking, eventually, Pete.;)

Being a 'German' American (the majority of my bloodline) I have plenty of issues with these latest incarnation of fascists. White supremacists are about the most ignorant punks on the planet. Geez, it isn't enough for whitey to own and control most everything in this country? When these mental midgits start up with the victim card, I feel like lacing up my size 11 steeltoed Redwings and giving them something to really piss, moan and cry about.
(Now, I'm sounding like my old man.:o)
He was a tough old bird & a Methodist minister. He would feed you a bar of soap for saying cusswords but if you were to say the 'N' word or any other racial slur? Man, you would be picking your teeth up off the floor. That must be where I get my intolerance for intolerance and ignorant racist punks.

My old man didn't have much use for organized religion, but he didn't drink, smoke and he didn't care for cussin'. Like your Dad the worst was any sort of racial or ethnic slur. He heard my brother use the "N" word once and threw him out the house.

Dave

piece-itpete
01-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Yeah my dad didn't cuss and rarely mentioned ethnicity at all. Heck we weren't allowed to use the word 'stupid'. One of his good friends was a black guy.

Pete

icenine
01-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Strange how it takes many years to realize how smart your parents were, and what good people they were....speaking for myself of course

Oerets
01-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Growing up with Navy parents and spending my formative years in Military housing. There learning at an early age to see people as just another person looking beyond the exterior facade. More then soap would of been used in the Chief's house if an unkind word were used to describe another.

Barney

merrylander
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
I guess we did not cuss because our parents did not, teach by example I imagine. Biggest thing my parents ever did was to love me, that I never doubted.

bobabode
01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Growing up with Navy parents and spending my formative years in Military housing. There learning at an early age to see people as just another person looking beyond the exterior facade. More then soap would of been used in the Chief's house if an unkind word were used to describe another.

Barney

Chief? As in Chief Petty Officer? We certainly had the dreaded white glove inspection every Saturday morning after your chores were done. Only then could you go outside and play. He was army, 10th Armored-3rd Army 42-45.
Those guys killed a lot o' nazis!:eek: and those nazis killed a lot of them.:(80% were replaced and more than 10% KIA (30,000 divisional strength when they landed in Cherbourg.)

Oerets
01-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Chief? As in Chief Petty Officer? We certainly had the dreaded white glove inspection every Saturday morning after your chores were done. Only then could you go outside and play. He was army, 10th Armored-3rd Army 42-45.
Those guys killed a lot o' nazis!:eek: and those nazis killed a lot of them.:(80% were replaced and more than 10% KIA (30,000 divisional strength when they landed in Cherbourg.)

Yes my Father was a CPO, retired but never he really left the Navy. My Mother was a Photographer in the Navy when they met and married. So a united front was applied to the five kids.

Nothing wrong with a little discipline as long as it is fair and consistent in the implication. Something I have tried to do in my life.

Barney