PDA

View Full Version : Get Rich Quick in America

noonereal
10-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Be an idiot.

Palin gets 1.25 million for being a national embarrassment.

I can't wait for her to replace Springer!

Charles
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Be an idiot.

1.25 mil, that's chump change in todays politics. I'd like to point out the amount of money some other politicians have made on the book and speaking circuit, but....

Gotta go, Palin's on Beck!!!

Chas

piece-itpete
10-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Funny you should mention Springer...

Pete

d-ray657
10-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Be an idiot.

I thought the book deal was 7mil.?

Shortly before the VP debate, I called Palin a bimbo in a conversation with my wife. She properly corrected me on that one. The pit bull wasn't really stupid, she just wasn't ready to play on centre court, and might never be.

In any event, my wife being the compassionate one she is, said she felt sorry for Palin with all of the ridicule that she was facing and being blamed for dragging the ticket down. I told her at that time that the best thing to happen for Palin would be to lose the election. Then she would be crying all of the way to the bank with speaking fees and book deals. If it were that easy to predict the World Series, I would be making a call to Vegas.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
10-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Speaking as a registered Independent, I state the following;

If our current Prez doesn't get his act together in the next year or two, this "idiot" could be your next President. And if the congress doesn't stop fuckin' about and accomplish something/anything positive even sooner than that, the "bimbo" could have a Republican majority.

But, then again, I've heard some say that a Palin nomination would mean four more years of an Obama Whitehouse.:rolleyes:

I dunno. I tend to think the right would turn out in droves to vote for the Ditz. She has all of the important credentials that deep thinkers look for: She plays with guns, has sworn an oath to fight "witches and warlocks in the name of Christ", has a really nice ass, and now, after months of intensive training--can successfully locate Russia on a map. Oh and I have full confidence that she will not hesitate to bomb the living shit out of anyone that the "Military Industrial Complex" commands her to. Yeehaw! Here comes WW3!!!

Well, if the current regime leaves any money for her to work with, that is..........we might have to pimp out the millitary to buy food.:eek:

(Don't beat up on me Fellas, I'm just funnin' here.)

Dave

Sandy G
10-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Mbwahahahaha...Good 'Un, Dave...

merrylander
10-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Well Dave if all the republicans turned out she would still lose according to the latest polls only 20% of voters claim to be republicans.

BlueStreak
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
A more interesting percentage would be the percentage of Americans who truly understand what the difference between a Democrat and a Republican is. Just ask around-------- friends, family, neighbors, total strangers, co-workers, etc.

You'll be amazed at the ignorance. Answers that range from shrugged shoulders to a littany of half-baked hate spewing stupidity. But darn few will have an intelligent, rational answer, Merrylander.

This time I'm (sadly) serious.

Dave

merrylander
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
I am very sad to say that the ignorance that abounds does not amaze me in the least.

d-ray657
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
A more interesting percentage would be the percentage of Americans who truly understand what the difference between a Democrat and a Republican is. Just ask around-------- friends, family, neighbors, total strangers, co-workers, etc.

You'll be amazed at the ignorance. Answers that range from shrugged shoulders to a littany of half-baked hate spewing stupidity. But darn few will have an intelligent, rational answer, Merrylander.

This time I'm (sadly) serious.

Dave

Just for the purpose of retaining credibility for those here who might lean a bit left, dems are capable of giving some knee-jerk reasons for their party affilitation too. I became a Yellow Dog Democrat when I saw what was happening to the courts under Reagan. Before that I had cast a few protest votes.

I did catch a youtube video of Fred Phelps today. His folks are equal opporunity haters. They had protest signs about both F** Obama and F** McCain.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
To your original question, is there really all that much difference?

cabinover
10-30-2009, 06:42 AM
1.25 mil, that's chump change in todays politics. I'd like to point out the amount of money some other politicians have made on the book and speaking circuit, but....

Gotta go, Palin's on Beck!!!

Chas

And that's the truth. We were watching BBCA the other night when a piece on NYC Mayor Bloomberg came on. He's believed to have already spent $150 million of his own $60+ billion fortune on his campaign.

I could easily live on the interest generated from that $1.25 million @5% return. Then I'd have all day to putter like I want :D

noonereal
10-30-2009, 06:50 AM
And that's the truth. We were watching BBCA the other night when a piece on NYC Mayor Bloomberg came on. He's believed to have already spent $150 million of his own $60+ billion fortune on his campaign.

I could easily live on the interest generated from that $1.25 million @5% return. Then I'd have all day to putter like I want :D

I though I read that that was the highest ever paid pre publication.

Grumpy
10-30-2009, 07:26 AM
That cash comes with a price. It always does.