PDA

View Full Version : Swan Songs

Boreas
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
More fun with polls.

The RCP electoral college shows all battleground states and the percentage of people who responded either Obama or Romney. The interesting number (and the one left out in determining RCPs electoral college map) is the percentage who have not responded either way. If these are to be taken as undecideds (who will actually turn out to vote - a problem assumption, but an assumption which may even out given that a good portion of those those who chose a candidate in the opinion polls will not turn out to vote either - and if Obama's got an enthusiasm gap here than this is more bad news for him).

So looking at undecideds in any state where the total respondents who chose a candidate did not put either candidate over 50% we can apply the 'undecided's rule' and assume that 82% of undecideds this late in the game will break for the challenger.

That gives us an electoral college map with Ohio, New Hampshire, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa too close to call and puts Oregon into leaning Romney.

Thus, the electoral total with toss-ups: Obama= 210, Romney=264. If we create a no toss-up map we get: Obama=264, Romney=274 (Romney wins without Ohio or Pennsylvania).

Yup, I hear it Jay...

The libs are going to learn two things Tuesday...

1) The Teabaggers pack a mighty punch

2) Nate Silver was a one hit wonder !

I wonder whether we've heard the last from these two or whether they'll pop up again with such profound insights.

John

Bigerik
11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Sure do seem to fall into the famous last words category...

BlueStreak
11-13-2012, 11:19 AM
The editorials in todays Virginian-Pilot were fabulously absurd. Yesterday a guy had written in about the Republican Bubble, how incredibly large it had grown and how badly it burst last week.

You can imagine what it looked like today. No, they still don't get it. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

Boreas
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
The editorials in todays Virginian-Pilot were fabulously absurd. Yesterday a guy had written in about the Republican Bubble, how incredibly large it had grown and how badly it burst last week.

You can imagine what it looked like today. No, they still don't get it. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

They're still counting absentee and mail-in votes in a lot of places. There are millions of them and they're going to break strongly for Democrats, especially in places like California, Washington and New Jersey. There is a very strong likelihood that, when the final tally is announced, it'll be something like 52% for Obama, 47% for Romney and 1% for the third party candidates. So, we'll have a pretty clear mandate after that, don't you think?

John

BlueStreak
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Meh. I'm not one to buy into "mandates" much. Funny thing happens when you start assuming "the American people" are solidly on your side.............

Regards,
Dave

Boreas
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Meh. I'm not one to buy into "mandates" much. Funny thing happens when you start assuming "the American people" are solidly on your side.............

Regards,
Dave

An assumption in the absence of facts is one thing. A conclusion based on evidence (votes) is another.

John

CarlV
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I wonder whether we've heard the last from these two or whether they'll pop up again with such profound insights.

John

Maybe we need an alternative reality forum. :p

Seriously, I they will lurk until there is something for them to crow about. There sure is a lot of lurking here. We really need a couple of not public forums here.

Carl

bobabode
11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Maybe we need an alternative reality forum. :p

Seriously, I they will lurk until there is something for them to crow about. There sure is a lot of lurking here. We really need a couple of not public forums here.

Carl

Here, here! Seconded!

bobabode
11-13-2012, 01:38 PM

John

Two Dogs with his wife's panties on his head?:rolleyes: Too bad no one took him up on his bet...
I'm joking of course.:eek:

I did mention to him over in the Back Alley Pub at AK that you & I defended his virtue, John. He was laughing his ass off and said it'll be four years before he can show his mug around here, again.:D

merrylander
11-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Welcme to the Balkan States of Ameruca.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/11/12/states-petition-obama-administration-to-secede/?tid=pm_politics_pop

Rex E.
11-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Welcme to the Balkan States of Ameruca.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/11/12/states-petition-obama-administration-to-secede/?tid=pm_politics_pop

Could you imagine how quickly Texans would be trying to get across the US border once the Mexican and other south and central American drug cartels realized they were their own country and had no federal backing in the form of dollars, supplies or troops.....:eek:

That would make them illegals crossing the US southern boarder. Should they be shot on sight? :rolleyes:

bobabode
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Could you imagine how quickly Texans would be trying to get across the US border once the Mexican and other south and central American drug cartels realized they were their own country and had no federal backing in the form of dollars, supplies or troops.....:eek:

That would make them illegals crossing the US southern boarder. Should they be shot on sight? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:Only if they can swim across the solar/wind powered electrified moat that our "lazy" Mexicans will engineer & dig for us.:D