PDA

View Full Version : The Red Tails!

bobabode
11-25-2012, 04:59 PM
The Tuskegee Airmen. I'm watching the movie right now and I must say, job well done to all involved in it. The history of this highly decorated Fighter Pursuit squadron in WW2 is one of the best stories to come out of that war.
The 442nd is another but that's one for another thread.

If you get the chance, watch this movie. It's a great story of some true American heroes, no matter how you cut it.:cool:

Here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/332d_Expeditionary_Operations_Group

finnbow
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
The story interests me. Hollwood's take on it, replete with all the BS and clichés, not so much.

bobabode
11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Come to attention and smile when you say, "Black Panther"!:cool:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Shield_of_the_332nd_Fighter_Group.svg/175px-Shield_of_the_332nd_Fighter_Group.svg.png

bobabode
11-25-2012, 06:06 PM
You are a hard man to please, Pat.;)

JJIII
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
You are a hard man to please, Pat.;)

Maybe because he is more honest than most.

bobabode
11-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Maybe because he is more honest than most.

Need I point out the smiley to you? Hells bells, is everybody a touchy sumbitch lately?:(

JJIII
11-26-2012, 05:43 AM
Need I point out the smiley to you? Hells bells, is everybody a touchy sumbitch lately?:(

I saw the smiley. I was just using your remark as a vehicle to point out what I think is an admirable trait in Pat. No offense intended. We be good.:)

BlueStreak
11-26-2012, 07:31 AM
I've seen it and "The Tuskeegee Airmen". I liked the earlier movie better. However, I must concur with Finnbow. The Holly wood stories are fun, but reality is far more fascinating.

Rex E.
11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
A good friend of mines grandfather was a part of this outfit. Great men indeed.

bobabode
12-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Funny line from the bar scene with the bomber crews. When asked if they didn't like to be called colored one pilot replied,"When you boys get mad, you turn red. When you guys get envious or sick, you turn green. When you turn coward, you turn yellow and you have the nerve to call us colored? We are negroes!" :D

I'm curious as to what BS was being thrown around in the movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, probably more than Patton or any John Wayne movie.