PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland ...

finnbow
10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
... by way of Audiokarma. I've seen this forum mentioned a few times on AK, but didn't realize that these two forums were joined at the hip. I see lots of familiar faces though. Looking forward to throwing a few bombs or maybe just a few fizzling firecrackers.

d-ray657
10-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Good to have you here. I have heard your good taste in music, and your avatar tells me of your good taste in cinema. Being There - one of the best movies I ever saw - right up there with Dr. Strangelove and Shawshank Redemption. If that's actually Closeau instead of Chauncy, it's still Peter Sellers and representative of genius.

Now lets see how your political views hold up the the blistering attacks here. :rolleyes: Actually it's more civil here than an AK discussion on audio cables. Enjoy. I'll look forward to our conversations.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
10-31-2009, 10:08 PM
It's Chance the Gardener, as in "I Like to Watch."

As for politics, I've told a few friends that Clinton cleansed any remaining Democratic leanings I had while Dubya did the same to my Republican leanings. Having lived and worked in and around DC for the past quarter century has helped drive me from skepticism to cynicism - survival instinct, I suppose.

d-ray657
10-31-2009, 10:42 PM
It's Chance the Gardener, as in "I Like to Watch."

As for politics, I've told a few friends that Clinton cleansed any remaining Democratic leanings I had while Dubya did the same to my Republican leanings. Having lived and worked in and around DC for the past quarter century has helped drive me from skepticism to cynicism - survival instinct, I suppose.

There's already enough cynicism here. Go away! :D

Except for some of us strange types who argue for entertainment, most of the posters are here because they care about what's going on, even if they don't all trust the people in Washington to take care of things. I suspect that you will fit in quite well.

P.S. I knew it was Chance, it just didn't sound right for some reason. Isn't that still from when he was trying to use the remote control to turn off the muggers?

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
11-01-2009, 02:23 AM
welcome :)

Sandy G
11-01-2009, 05:54 AM
'Bout time you got here...(grin)

merrylander
11-01-2009, 07:30 AM
So what kept you?

HatchetJack