PDA

View Full Version : These guys get paid for this????

d-ray657
12-17-2012, 10:21 PM
The Washington Post employs Ed Rogers to write for a political blog. I'm sure it is because the Post wants him to display the kind of genius that was apparent in his suggestion (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-insiders/post/obama-could-make-a-powerful-statement-with-his-cabinet-selections/2012/12/17/b66fcc22-487d-11e2-8af9-9b50cb4605a7_blog.html) that Obama convince Jaime Dimon to head up the Treasury Department.

Of course, we mustn't forget that the Post also employs Jennifer Rubin. And George Will. And Charles Krauthamer.

Liberal media, my a**.

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine
12-17-2012, 10:40 PM
I always thought George Will was so pompous...always uses these really difficult words and horrible syntax. Not to mention his bad ideas.

bobabode
12-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I agree that The Post is hardly the liberal bastion that it was back in the day of the Pentagon Papers and it's breaking the Watergate story, (yeah, I'm that old and there's nothing wrong with my memory, thank you very much.;))

This reminds me of a somewhat related story by Moyer's and Co. recently put out about how Pres. Obama's head of the FCC was trying to do what Dubya's guy couldn't-relax the already loose regulations concerning the further conglomeration of the 'infotainment' business. 'Tis strange how the Right loves to call the President a soshalist when he is distinctly to the right of Ike....:rolleyes:

I thought that the comment below pretty much summed up my thoughts about your subject, Don.
Fox guarding the henhouse anyone?

daubry
"Yes, let's put Dimon at Treasury, and appoint Wayne LaPierre to head up the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. Maybe Donald Trump at Housing and Urban Development. And Glenn Beck at the Department of Education":rolleyes:

merrylander
12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
And the Republic party would quickly approve all four.

ebacon
12-18-2012, 07:16 AM
A few weeks ago Warren Buffett was also rooting for Dimon. Sickening.

finnbow
12-18-2012, 07:42 AM
I think 3 of those writers have something to offer. Jennifer Rubin, OTOH, is a confused dingbat.

merrylander
12-18-2012, 09:15 AM
I think 3 of those writers have something to offer. Jennifer Rubin, OTOH, is a confused dingbat.

Quite apart from GOP propoganda? Ed Rogers is a flack, Will has gotten senile and Krauthamer is just a bittter old neocon. Almost every column from George or Charles brings letters off correction of their "facts".

icenine
12-18-2012, 09:31 AM
The brain trust of the GOP is so old stogey...just look at how these guys, especially someone like William Bennet, come across on TV...like a bunch of cranky retired bankers.
Well too bad that part of the Republican Party does not exist anymore. I would still take them over the Tea Party.

It seems to me that the Republican Party is basically the Dixecrats of old....might as well rename the current Democratic Party the Progressive Party and rename the GOP as the OSDP....the Old Southern Democratic Party. Makes more sense.

bobabode
12-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I would disagree that the present Democratic party is progressive, at all. They're just the other white meat...:rolleyes: A little less rancid!;)