PDA

View Full Version : 'It's self-propelled.'

piece-itpete
11-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Anyone seen the new GM commercial? Lmao!!

And the new Malibu is the best looker in its' class.

And I just read a review that says the new Taurus is the best in class, which includes the Accord and Camry.

Down but not out. The American worker will rise!

Pete

d-ray657
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Ford posted a profit of nearly $1Billion last quarter. :) That's not a string of successes, but it's a start. Pete, glad to see your faith in the American worker.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
11-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I was a blue collar American worker for a number of years!!

We're tough, we're smart, we're - overpriced? :D

Nah, look at the jap car plants here using American workers.

Drive American owned marquees, please.

Pete

Grumpy
11-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Ford posted a profit of nearly $1Billion last quarter. :) That's not a string of successes, but it's a start. Pete, glad to see your faith in the American worker.

Regards,

D-Ray

Yeah with my tax dollars :rolleyes:

BlueStreak
11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah with my tax dollars :rolleyes:

Ford didn't take any bailout money Grump.

Dave

BlueStreak
11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I was a blue collar American worker for a number of years!!

We're tough, we're smart, we're - overpriced? :D

Nah, look at the jap car plants here using American workers.

Drive American owned marquees, please.

Pete

No, we're not "overpriced", the rest of the worlds workers are "underpriced".
It's the corporations and their lap-dogs in DC that want us to think we're overpriced, and that they richly deserve ever fatter salaries.:rolleyes:

Oh, and I've never owned a foreign brand. And never will, until I am left with no choice that is.

Dave

merrylander
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
If you look in our garage you will see his and hers 2000 Chev Impala LSs, fully loaded,and problem free for nine years. If I brought home a Japanese car my wife would set fire to it in the driveway. She taught in Japan for a number of years.

Oh yeah, they were made with union labour.:p

BlueStreak
11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I just remembered. My latest automotive purchase is an American brand, Dodge. But the "Final Assembly point" is named as "Brampton, Ontario, Canada".

Why would they locate in Canada? Could it be the company doesn't have to pay for healthca...................Ooops, there I go again.

Dave

piece-itpete
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Canadian-produced cars are consider domestic in the 'content', which is a darn good thing, because my last 4 Fords were built by our brothers to the north :D

Damn good cars too (Panthers). What matters most is the ownership, 'cause that's were the big money is.

Rob, my better half tried to match up my divorced neighbor to another divorcee down the street (females :rolleyes: ) and he said 'isn't that the one who drives an America-killing Toyota truck?' lol.

Pete

merrylander
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM
The Impalas are built in Oshawa.