PDA

View Full Version : The NRA "Wicked Cool" iPhone App

Boreas
01-17-2013, 10:01 AM
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57564450-93/nras-iphone-shooting-app-triggers-petition-for-its-removal/

The app was initially approved for ages 4+. These creeps are totally off the rails!

And WTF was Apple thinking in approving this sick "game"?

John

http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2013/01/17/nra-app.png

CarlV
01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Based on certain objections from the group, Apple has already tweaked the description of the NRA app following its release. Initially deemed suitable for ages four and up, the app is now rated for those 12 and over for its "frequent/intense realistic violence."
All you can do is shake your head. Makes me very pleased I do not own any of their overpriced products.

Carl

merrylander
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
No Apple made in China junk here.

d-ray657
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
My participation in a boycott of iphones would have no effect. Not in the market for one.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
No Apple made in China junk here.

Me either. No apple products at all but I do have a Hecho en Chine 'Droid. I should probably replace it with a Samsung (assuming they're not made in China too). Maybe I will.

The thing I hate about Apple is their association with that monstrosity Foxxconn (a Taiwanese company, by the way). Apple has no business having their shit made by a company that has to string nets around their factory to keep people from committing suicide on the job.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot! Look for a Foxconn factory coming to a town near you! Now that the American worker has been beaten into low wage "right to starve" submission, Foxxconn is going to open factories here.

John

bobabode
01-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Foxxcon/Apple will call them trampolines here.

Wasillaguy
01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up on the cool app. I just downloaded it, lots of fun. Makes me want to buy another gun!

Boreas
01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up on the cool app. I just downloaded it, lots of fun. Makes me want to buy another gun!

Well, of course you did! Now you can turn all the little kiddies onto it!

John

piece-itpete
01-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Hell yes!

Or we could be typical suburban parents and simply buy them the lastest greatest version of Call of Duty...

Pete

d-ray657
01-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Hell yes!

Or we could be typical suburban parents and simply buy them the lastest greatest version of Call of Duty...

Pete

When mine were old enough to get a job and buy their own games, they got to choose their games. Actually, they had to buy their own gaming system. I do believe that the First Amendment protects that trash, but I suppose that some would argue that the Second Amendment protects it too.

Regards,

D-Ray