PDA

View Full Version : Three blind mice

d-ray657
01-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Both senators from Texas and Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma were the only three to vote against John Kerry for SOS. I guess the Texas senators thought that he was too formidable a figure to deal with when Texas becomes a foreign nation.

Honestly though, I wonder what those doofuses (doofi?) were trying to prove - that they are even more out of touch than the rest of the GOP?

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Both senators from Texas and Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma were the only three to vote against John Kerry for SOS. I guess the Texas senators thought that he was too formidable a figure to deal with when Texas becomes a foreign nation.

Honestly though, I wonder what those doofuses (doofi?) were trying to prove - that they are even more out of touch than the rest of the GOP?

Regards,

D-Ray

Well, this new guy Cruz is certifiable so I expect him to vote 'no' on virtually everything that comes along.

John

icenine
01-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Cruz is a tea-bagger who can crow how he fought Obama.....

Cruz is not worthy to stand in Hegel or Kerry's presence

BlueStreak
01-30-2013, 07:50 AM

Regards,

D-Ray

The Great Battle of the Oblivious rages on. "Oh yeah? Well, if you think that was disconnected, watch this, PAL!":confused:

Dave

Boreas
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I heard an interesting and very plausible take on the two Texans. Cornyn voted with Cruz because he's afraid of being seen as to the left of Cruz. That would open him to a primary challenge from a teabagger. So, expect to see these two in lockstep with the junior senator calling the shots. Pathetic!

John

icenine
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
I heard an interesting and very plausible take on the two Texans. Cornyn voted with Cruz because he's afraid of being seen as to the left of Cruz. That would open him to a primary challenge from a teabagger. So, expect to see these two in lockstep with the junior senator calling the shots. Pathetic!

John

You know that Texas is a white minority state...if you add up the population of Latinos, African Americans, and other groups they outnumber the whites.
Now right to work Texas has a very high percentage of people without health care. And Perry is refusing Obama care. I can see Texas going blue unless their Republican leadership does not wake up.

Boreas
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
You know that Texas is a white minority state...if you add up the population of Latinos, African Americans, and other groups they outnumber the whites.
Now right to work Texas has a very high percentage of people without health care. And Perry is refusing Obama care. I can see Texas going blue unless their Republican leadership does not wake up.

I don't think so..... yet. It's about 70/30. (Breathe easy, BS.) California is still leading the way to a brighter future in that regard and, so far, the only "majority minority" state in the continental states, 40% "Non-Hispanic White". Hawaii is the only other state were whites are a minority (under 40%) but it's only 10% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander. Hell, even Alaska is 2/3 White. (Breathe easy, Wassilly.)

John

icenine
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't think so..... yet. It's about 70/30. (Breathe easy, BS.) California is still leading the way to a brighter future in that regard and, so far, the only "majority minority" state in the continental states, 40% "Non-Hispanic White". Hawaii is the only other state were whites are a minority (under 40%) but it's only 10% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander. Hell, even Alaska is 2/3 White. (Breathe easy, Wassilly.)

John

From the USA today John
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/census/2011-02-15-census-black-migration_N.htm

Quote:

• Texas will officially become a majority-minority state for the first time based on official 2010 results; its switch occurred in 2005, according to census estimates. It joins Hawaii, California, New Mexico and the District of Columbia. Eight states, led by Arizona, Maryland, Nevada and Georgia, have shares of non-Hispanic whites nearing the tipping point of 50%.

Boreas
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
• Texas will officially become a majority-minority state for the first time based on official 2010 results; its switch occurred in 2005, according to census estimates. It joins Hawaii, California, New Mexico and the District of Columbia. Eight states, led by Arizona, Maryland, Nevada and Georgia, have shares of non-Hispanic whites nearing the tipping point of 50%.

Something isn't right here. I don't know what but I looked up the information on Wikipedia for California, Texas, Hawaii and Alaska.

This is what they show for Non-Hispanic Whites, all based on 2010 census data:

California 40%
Texas 45.3 (my bad!)
Hawaii 22.7%
Alaska 64.1%

Here's what Wikipedia says about Non-Hispanic Whites in the other states USA Today mentions:

Arizona 57.8%
New Mexico 40.5%
Maryland 54.7%
Georgia 55.9%

So, if this is accurate, I got Texas wrong, making you right, dammit! ;). I also missed New Mexico altogether. I don't know what USA Today was using.

John

icenine
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Something isn't right here. I don't know what but I looked up the information on Wikipedia for California, Texas, Hawaii and Alaska.

This is what they show for Non-Hispanic Whites, all based on 2010 census data:

California 40%
Texas 45.3 (my bad!)
Hawaii 22.7%
Alaska 64.1%

Here's what Wikipedia says about Non-Hispanic Whites in the other states USA Today mentions:

Arizona 57.8%
New Mexico 40.5%
Maryland 54.7%
Georgia 55.9%

So, if this is accurate, I got Texas wrong, making you right, dammit! ;). I also missed New Mexico altogether. I don't know what USA Today was using.

John

it is ok John...we both know you and I are always correct, even when we are not;)

I did not use USA Today as my source...I just remember hearing on the radio or tv news that Texas had a 38% Latino population and was no longer a majority white state because of that figure combined with the African American percentage of the population.

bobabode
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Yes dems are very good at race baiting to ensure the this country remains divided along racial lines. Its win at all cost which includes destroying the very fabric of national unity. Post racial president my ass. We are more divided now than ever with all the vitrial spewing forth.

The dems count on racial.devision and keeping the "minorities" dependant on government. It is their power base. Who cares if it destroys our society as a whole.

Yeh, remember the idea of "self deporting"? Who was it that said that? Which party fights immigration reform tooth and nail? Which party tried to screw "urbanites" (that's code for blacks, btw) at the voting booth? You need to exit that Fox bubble that you live in, BS. Either that or move to Glen Beckistan.

d-ray657
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Right... You view illegal immigration as a race issue. You can't help it. Everything about Democrats is about Racism. You just cant help yourself.

Oh heck.. poor urbanites have no means of producting a photo ID. Bullshit. They need it to cash the welfare checks. Its only the illegal aliens that can not produce a photo ID.

Oh, heck no. No stereotyping from you.

Boreas
01-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh, heck no. No stereotyping from you.

Wow! No! What a crazy idea!

John

Boreas
01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Oh heck.. poor urbanites have no means of producting a photo ID. Bullshit. They need it to cash the welfare checks. Its only the illegal aliens that can not produce a photo ID.

That right there? That is so disgusting on so many levels! Get a bigot all riled up about "race baiting" and his own bigotry just pops out like lancing a boil.

And, of course, it's wrong, too, both halves of it as a matter of fact.

John

BlueStreak
01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, of course, everyone is a victim.

'Cept me, of course.;)

Regards,
Dave

Boreas
01-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Whatever Mr. administrator. You do such a wonderful job of policing the forum that you let your entire mob of Obama subjects attack any dissenting voice relentlessnessly.

Bravo... if your intent is to keep this a Liberals only club, you do an outstanding job.

Are we going to start getting the "you're trying to deprive me of my 1st Amendment rights" blubbering now? Don has also let you get away with posting any sort of bullshit your little heart desires.

Oh, and you may not have noticed, Pete is an administrator too. Another goddam leftie!

John

BlueStreak
01-30-2013, 05:19 PM
That right there? That is so disgusting on so many levels! Get a bigot all riled up about "race baiting" and his own bigotry just pops out like lancing a boil.

And, of course, it's wrong, too, both halves of it as a matter of fact.

John

Really. Last I heard was welfare checks, like most other government disbursements these days are direct deposit.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

d-ray657
01-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Are you saying, Baconshorts, that you can't hold your own in a free flow of ideas? It's not my job to be a traffic cop here. If you think that you have better ideas, do a better job of selling them.

And I am allowed to participate here. I was not asked to abandon my ideas in order to help keep spammers off of this site. If you want to moderate here, ask Grumpy. But if you want someone to force everyone to hold back on the throttle to protect your feelings, you are destined to be disappointed.

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Whatever Mr. administrator. You do such a wonderful job of policing the forum that you let your entire mob of Obama subjects attack any dissenting voice relentlessnessly.

Bravo... if your intent is to keep this a Liberals only club, you do an outstanding job.

We give as good as we get. I am never going to believe anything from anyone who thinks the Federal government is out to take away our freedoms. Maybe not you specifically but another one here was always hammering that theme. It is utter bullshit. I am smarter than that. I have been alive since 1962 I know better.

I respect Conservatives if they are intellectually cognizant of the background of American history and have principles to guide them. I may not agree with them but I sort of respect them. People like William F Buckley and Allen Bloom....
I used to enjoy watching Robert Novak when he was alive. I voted for Ronald Reagan.
I liked the first Bush and I can even sort of respect W for some of things he stood for,
like not being anti-immigrant. But when younger people come in here and start to spit venom about how Obama and the Feds are going to send us all to concentration camps and take away are guns blah blah I just turn off to that. Sorry.

Yes I can be mean but I try to tone it down. Plus if you are likeable poster it helps. I do not agree with Pete on anything, and he can really piss me off. But I can tell he is a decent man who is sincere in what he believes. With some of the stuff Hatrack was saying it sort of made me think that he was beyond the pale.

I am very passionate about the gun stuff. Because nobody should be modifying AR-15s into basically automatic weapons and performing mass killings. And no matter what you do some paranoid schizo will find a way to do it. We can at least try to stop it.
Nobody's gun is going to be taken away...no government agency could ever even do that if they wanted to there are too many here in the nation.

History happens to real people....to you and me Sandyhook is just an abstract event in current history. Not to any of the parents it happened to. It is a nightmare they are not going to wake up from. It is the lack of empathy I cannot stand.

I just hope history does not happen to any of us. Even you baconshorts.

Boreas
01-30-2013, 05:55 PM
OH boo boo.. i've upset your sensibilities... take your fained outrage and shove it. All you so called liberals care about is power and votes. If you really cared about the "urbanites" you'd be demanding Obama do something about getting the drugs out of those neighborhoods instead of trying to disarm the folks trying to protect themselves from all the drug violence. Its the drugs morons, not the guns. Most of the time is some drugged up wacko doing the killing.

It isn't outrage but it does border on disgust. And it's not feigned either. It's genuine.

So, tell me. First, how do you know I'm not active in trying to remove drugs from "those neighborhoods"? (Jeeze!) Second, are you? What's your contribution to the solution?

Ooh! Ooh! Wait! I know! You bought guns!

Oh, and can you back up your allegation that it's "drugged up wackos" who are responsible for most homicides? Any crime stats to back that one up?

Any? Any at all?

I'll be here.

Waiting.

..... and waiting.

..... and waiting......................

John

BlueStreak
01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
OH boo boo.. i've upset your sensibilities... take your fained outrage and shove it. All you so called liberals care about is power and votes. If you really cared about the "urbanites" you'd be demanding Obama do something about getting the drugs out of those neighborhoods instead of trying to disarm the folks trying to protect themselves from all the drug violence. Its the drugs morons, not the guns. Most of the time is some drugged up wacko doing the killing.

(In the bolded.) Back at ya..............

Also; Hows the "War on Drugs" going?:rolleyes:

And, doing the killing with what? Nerf balls? Wake up, moron.

Regards,
Dave

Boreas
01-30-2013, 06:03 PM
ya.. and you can do all that with no photo id?

Yes, you can. It's easy. You do have to have a Social Security number.

Hell you can'y hardly take a shit without some sort of photo ID

That's a little harder but you can still do it.

but somehow the "Boys in the Hood" are incapable of doing such a thing (get an ID). Give me a break. Even you libs around here aren't that stupid.

There you go, gettin' all "racial" again!

And nobody said that there are people who can't get a photo ID. In fact, you're the person who brought the whole thing up out of the blue.

John

bobabode
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM

Boo f**king hoo. Dissenting? What a joke. Not one idea you've floated has held water. Now you're trying to attack the moderation? You really are bankrupt in the field of debate. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Like I said before, go move into the Citadel. (Glen Beckistan) It's a wonderfully planned community full of crybabies. Watch out for the jackbooted HOA thugs that your crybaby hero has to keep all of you "leave me alone and stop picking on me" knuckledraggers in line. Sheesh, stop drinking the brown tea, it's worse than the brown acid at Woodstock-both had strychnine as the active ingredient.

BlueStreak
01-30-2013, 06:15 PM
I've gone for some pretty long stretches, not needing a photo ID for anything.

I have two.

1). A work badge---but it has a chip in it. All I have to do walk past the sensor and it unlocks the door.

2). My drivers license. The only time I've had to show that, is when I break a traffic law. And, come to think of it, the last ticket I got came in the mail with a picture of my license plate.......................so, I didn't even need it then.

3). But, I did need it to vote, the last time around.

Regards,
Dave

barbara
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Really. Last I heard was welfare checks, like most other government disbursements these days are direct deposit.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

Actually, 'welfare checks' are loaded into a card, like an ATM card. Don't need a bank account. Just have to qualify for the aid and you are issued a card that automatically loads up every month.

icenine
01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Actually, 'welfare checks' are loaded into a card, like an ATM card. Don't need a bank account. Just have to qualify for the aid and you are issued a card that automatically loads up every month.

yeah in Cali it is called an EBT card i think it means Electronic Bank Funds transfer...I think it cuts down on both the shame of showing your food stamps and the practice of selling food stamps for alcohol,etc

actually more rural whites are on government assistance than the common stereotype of the
inner city recipient if I am not mistaken.

bobabode
01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah in called an EBT card i think it means Electronic Bank Funds transfer...I think it cuts down on both the shame of showing your food stamps and the practice of selling food stamps for alcohol,etc

actually more rural whites are on government assistance than the common stereotype of the

They are also concentrated in the low information voter's paradise of the red states. Talk about people shooting themselves in the foot:rolleyes:.

Sidenote- Justice Soto Mayor came out of that poverty ridden nanny state of New York. Hmmmm, that'll never play in Texas, sounds too Mexican. Nevermind.

Boreas
01-30-2013, 06:36 PM

Quiet! You're screwing up all those stereotypes!

John

BlueStreak
01-30-2013, 06:43 PM

And, most of them are probably heavily armed in the name of protecting themselves from the tyrannical government..............You know, the one that keeps the card charged up and pays for their diabetes medication.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

barbara
01-30-2013, 08:10 PM
yeah in called an EBT card i think it means Electronic Bank Funds transfer...I think it cuts down on both the shame of showing your food stamps and the practice of selling food stamps for alcohol,etc

EBT = electronic benefit transfer

barbara
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM

The switch to the cards has nothing to do with stigma. It's cheaper to process and saves money by decreasing the potential for fraud.

You are absolutely correct about whites versus the stereotype.... Although, in some areas, not just rural whites, but all whites no matter where they live.

Wasillaguy
01-30-2013, 09:40 PM
7% of all whites, 24% of all blacks

bobabode
01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
7% of all whites, 24% of all blacks

Citation?
If true, have you ever wondered why that is? What it is actually behind those numbers?

Besides all of that, the number of anglo/white/caucasoid recipients of aid is still much higher than all others and they reside in red states.
Funnier yet is that liberals don't begrudge helping our fellow citizens eat and not have to live in hobo camps.

Wasillaguy
01-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Citation?
If true, have you ever wondered why that is? What it is actually behind those numbers?

Besides all of that, the number of anglo/white/caucasoid recipients of aid is still much higher than all others and they reside in red states.
Funnier yet is that liberals don't begrudge helping our fellow citizens eat and not have to live in hobo camps.

That's from census data and math.

Besides all of that? Besides all of what? Reality?
You don't want to talk in per capita terms because it doesn't fit your assertion, that's reality.

You don't begrudge feeding them, why do you insist on trying to distort the reality of the situation?
You don't mind feeding the inbred teabaggers? Very admirable.

bobabode
01-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Maybe I should've just said, What is your point?

icenine
01-30-2013, 10:52 PM
And, most of them are probably heavily armed in the name of protecting themselves from the tyrannical government..............You know, the one that keeps the card charged up and pays for their diabetes medication.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

Yes David you will have to pull both my modified AR-15 with the 100 round drum magazine AND my EBT card from my cold dead fingers.....................................:D

icenine
01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
The switch to the cards has nothing to do with stigma. It's cheaper to process and saves money by decreasing the potential for fraud.

You are absolutely correct about whites versus the stereotype.... Although, in some areas, not just rural whites, but all whites no matter where they live.

thanks for correcting me...you are right however I am sure the reduction in the embarrassment was a positive thing for many people. I know it would be for me...

icenine
01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
They are also concentrated in the low information voter's paradise of the red states. Talk about people shooting themselves in the foot:rolleyes:.

Sidenote- Justice Soto Mayor came out of that poverty ridden nanny state of New York. Hmmmm, that'll never play in Texas, sounds too Mexican. Nevermind.

low information voter? is that the new term for tea partyier? LOLOLO
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
i better get out my flame retardant suit lol

:D

icenine
01-30-2013, 10:58 PM

Regards,
Dave

actually I am on metformin.....i meet one of requirements lol:)

bobabode
01-30-2013, 11:01 PM
low information voter? is that the new term for tea partyier? LOLOLO
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
i better get out my flame retardant suit lol

:D

Naw. Just the 47% who actually voted for R$R.:D

merrylander
01-31-2013, 07:03 AM
ya.. and you can do all that with no photo id? Hell you can'y hardly take a shit without some sort of photo ID but somehow the "Boys in the Hood" are incapable of doing such a thing (get an ID). Give me a break. Even you libs around here aren't that stupid.

The last time I needed a photo ID was when I flew to AK Fest 1907, have not used it since in fact they just sent me my new drivers license by mail with the 5 year old photo on it. Oh, one other point I am a real conservative, not one of thos Republicant assholes who claims to be one.:p

piece-itpete
01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Wow Rob you're older than I thought :D

Regards,
Dave

Perhaps we need to post the map comparing voting demographics to gun violence again? ;)

In Ohio the food stamp bank cards use a different machine, you can't just swipe them in a regular CC reader.

Pete

Boreas
01-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Perhaps we need to post the map comparing voting demographics to gun violence again? ;)

I think we put that to bed. The maps showed two things. It showed (supposedly) that people in population centers tend to vote Democratic. It also showed that the more people there are in a given area, the more gun violence there is. Wow! Who'd a thought?

In Ohio the food stamp bank cards use a different machine, you can't just swipe them in a regular CC reader.

Pete

Probably just in your hood. Everywhere else the machines ask whether the card you just swiped is debit, credit or EBT. Swipe the card, push the right button or screen icon.

John

bobabode
01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow Rob you're older than I thought :D

Pete

I see John already corrected your assumptions.

piece-itpete
01-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes, apparently they've been put to bed :rolleyes:

Pete

BlueStreak
01-31-2013, 12:09 PM

Pete

Probably just in your hood. Everywhere else the machines ask whether the card you just swiped is debit, credit or EBT. Swipe the card, push the right button or screen icon.

John

The original point was that there is no photo ID necessary.....remember?

Dave

piece-itpete
01-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Btw, my hood is Ohio :D I make enough to not live in one lol.

I know recently they were still using their own machines, next time I'm at the grocery store I'll take a look see.

Pete

Boreas
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Btw, my hood is Ohio :D I make enough to not live in one lol.

I know recently they were still using their own machines, next time I'm at the grocery store I'll take a look see.

Pete

So, Ohio has TWO types of fucked up machines:?

John

bobabode
01-31-2013, 12:47 PM
so, ohio has two types of fucked up machines:?

John

bam!:d

piece-itpete
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM
LOL!

Is that how Obie beat Mittie :p

Pete