PDA

View Full Version : Can You Believe It?

noonereal
11-05-2009, 07:25 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/nov2009/db2009112_606442.htm

Goldman Sachs received 200 units of H1N1 vaccine.

Lenox Hill Hospital (NYC's biggest hospital on the east side) received the same 200 units.

Let's hear the cons justify this one.

JCricket
11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
I read the article and thought it to be pretty light on inforamtion. Yep it stated susch and such got some meds, and another group got some and so on. But it didn't put any of the reasoning, any of the logic or decsion that wnet into those decision into the article.

Also,

A spokeswoman for Goldman, who asked not to be named, said the company had just received the vaccine and did not yet have information as to how it would be distributed, saying that Goldman will supply vaccine only to those who qualify as high-risk, per the CDC requirements.

According to this, they are following the same protocol as everyone else is supposed to follow.

So, my question, did I miss your point?

Grumpy
11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/nov2009/db2009112_606442.htm

Goldman Sachs received 200 units of H1N1 vaccine.

Lenox Hill Hospital (NYC's biggest hospital on the east side) received the same 200 units.

Let's hear the cons justify this one.

Maybe they paid for it ?

noonereal
11-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I read the article and thought it to be pretty light on inforamtion. Yep it stated susch and such got some meds, and another group got some and so on. But it didn't put any of the reasoning, any of the logic or decsion that wnet into those decision into the article.

Also,

A spokeswoman for Goldman, who asked not to be named, said the company had just received the vaccine and did not yet have information as to how it would be distributed, saying that Goldman will supply vaccine only to those who qualify as high-risk, per the CDC requirements.

According to this, they are following the same protocol as everyone else is supposed to follow.

So, my question, did I miss your point?

I doubt it.

How much did your union receive?

Grumpy
11-05-2009, 08:35 AM
By the way I am not a con, just portray one on TV :D

noonereal
11-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Maybe they paid for it ?

:rolleyes: gee, I have been unable to buy any, guess I should work on wall street

noonereal
11-05-2009, 08:37 AM
By the way I am not a con, just portray one on TV :D

I have found your posts pretty fair with a slight right lean. :)

merrylander
11-05-2009, 09:07 AM
In yesterday's WashPost there was an article on how all the university students were saying they would not get the shots, invincible youth. However in the same article it said that 52% of those over 65 said they would not take the shot either. Oh really? Funny, when Florence called the doctor's office the nurse told her that they would not be giving the shot to people over 65. When she responded "So what are we supposed to do, die?" the nurse said "What a terrible thing to say." So what is this BS about 52% refusing the shot, I did not know we had a choice, unless they have some vaccine left come February. I guess the former (Republican) governor of Colorado was right "When seniors reach a certain age it is their duty to die"

JCricket
11-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I doubt it.

How much did your union receive?

noonreal,

Sometimes I can think eloquently, mostly I am a moron. Right now I am completely confused - seriously I am.

What is your point of the link and the thread? Also, tie in your comment about the union. Please? I can't argue for or against now as I have no idea what your talking about. I am asking for clarification here.

I do not belong to a union, not sure I would want to, but I do support their right to exist. I think their exisitanecs give me most of the benefit I need. I have to admit I feel like a parasite with this statement - I get the benefit but don't have to do the work nad endure the evils.:(

JCricket
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
In yesterday's WashPost there was an article on how all the university students were saying they would not get the shots, invincible youth. However in the same article it said that 52% of those over 65 said they would not take the shot either. Oh really? Funny, when Florence called the doctor's office the nurse told her that they would not be giving the shot to people over 65. When she responded "So what are we supposed to do, die?" the nurse said "What a terrible thing to say." So what is this BS about 52% refusing the shot, I did not know we had a choice, unless they have some vaccine left come February. I guess the former (Republican) governor of Colorado was right "When seniors reach a certain age it is their duty to die"

Merrylander. I live in colorado and did not here this - but then agian I deliberately try to avoid most all news except for the weather channel. I like to be able to watch cspan or read a book or a magazine for my stuff so I likely missed this. Who said it? Owens?

noonereal
11-05-2009, 10:05 AM
noonreal,

Sometimes I can think eloquently, mostly I am a moron. Right now I am completely confused - seriously I am.

What is your point of the link and the thread? Also, tie in your comment about the union. Please? I can't argue for or against now as I have no idea what your talking about. I am asking for clarification here.

I do not belong to a union, not sure I would want to, but I do support their right to exist. I think their exisitanecs give me most of the benefit I need. I have to admit I feel like a parasite with this statement - I get the benefit but don't have to do the work nad endure the evils.:(

point was simple, wall street gets vaccine, working stiff does not

i think it representative of the class system we currently live in to see that wall street gets vaccine at all, never mind that they get as much as a hospital that serves a community

their workers should be getting the vaccine just like us, from the hospital, no special treatment

sorry i though my point was obvious:o

JCricket
11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
point was simple, wall street gets vaccine, working stiff does not

i think it representative of the class system we currently live in to see that wall street gets vaccine at all, never mind that they get as much as a hospital that serves a community

their workers should be getting the vaccine just like us, from the hospital, no special treatment

sorry i though my point was obvious:o

No problem, Today I have my small moron hat on, it cuts of the circulation tothe brain.

No special treatment - agreed. I would like to see the vacinne in the hands of the health care workers rather than a company nurse. The health care workers are much better equipped to decide by priority who gets it.
In the article they state that the companies follow the protocol the CDC puts out for distributing the vacine. I kind of doubt that is true.

And your right, my union, if I belonged to one, would not likely get any, so why should they?

BlueStreak
11-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Maybe they paid for it ?

And why should anyone have to?

I know this isn't a popular opinion with some. And it will definately show my left side, but I find it reprehensible that folks want to deny others medical help based on ability to pay. I see it as inhumane. I'm sorry, but I just do.

Should anyone be given a free paycheck for life, just because they don't like work? I say no. Heck, I don't like work, but I do it anyways.

But healthcare? I dunno, man. If drove by and saw you injured, lying in the street, I would stop to help without hesitation. And I'd do that for anyone. I see healthcare the same way. No one should be turned away, even if the rest of us have to pick up the cost.

Just my opinion,
Dave

merrylander
11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
It was several years back, I can't recall the fellow's name at the moment, maybe I should google CO and see who was governor. I do recall that he made the comment sometime after I became resident so that would be 1984 to date.

Grumpy
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Just my opinion,
Dave

Because they can.

d-ray657
11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Because they can.

And those who can't?

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
And those who can't?

Regards,

D-Ray

Then they stand in line and get if for free when the gov starts sticking peoples with needles.

Charles
11-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Because they can.

Why do dogs lick their nuts?

Did I get it right?

Chas

Charles
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM

I know this isn't a popular opinion with some. And it will definately show my left side, but I find it reprehensible that folks want to deny others medical help based on ability to pay. I see it as inhumane. I'm sorry, but I just do.

Should anyone be given a free paycheck for life, just because they don't like work? I say no. Heck, I don't like work, but I do it anyways.

But healthcare? I dunno, man. If drove by and saw you injured, lying in the street, I would stop to help without hesitation. And I'd do that for anyone. I see healthcare the same way. No one should be turned away, even if the rest of us have to pick up the cost.

Just my opinion,
Dave

That's why the call it work, Grump. I won't hardly do it unless someone pays me money, unless I feel DAMN sorry for them. And if they ain't disabled, or trying to help themselves, I don't feel none too sorry for them.

And I agree with you on health care. As much as I hate the gubbmitt mucking around in my affairs, and my pocketbook, I'm 100% in favor of the public option. The same for everyone, and everyone the same.

BTW, Joe "You Lie" Wilson introduced a bill which required everyone in the congress to be covered by the same plan as they're trying to pass for us peons.

No doubt it's political grandstanding, and he would probably have a shit hemmorage if it were to pass, but....

I kinda like it.

Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Chas

BlueStreak
11-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Why do dogs lick their nuts?

Did I get it right?

Chas

If I could I wouldn't need the girlfriend..............

Dave