PDA

View Full Version : Just a funny video.

Fast_Eddie
11-05-2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/05/bungled-pledge-of-allegia_n_347278.html

Wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't made such a big deal out of it. Fitting that he got God in but couldn't manage "indivisible". Especially after he said it was great to do just because it drives liberals crazy. Way to bring a divided country together.

elwood127
11-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Since he probably didn't read the bill, he should have read up on the pledge. What a dickhead. Should have got Rosie to sing the national anthem. Good find.

Fast_Eddie
11-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Since he probably didn't read the bill, he should have read up on the pledge.

lol

Under God - UNDER GOD, GOD DAMN IT!

merrylander
11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
That's not the way it was written, it is "One nation, invisible . . ." according to the little girl I heard saying it.

Fast_Eddie
11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
That's not the way it was written, it is "One nation, invisible . . ." according to the little girl I heard saying it.

He acknowledges that in the video, but somehow suggests that the new way is the right way. HE LOVES GOD, GOD DAMN IT!

Boreas
11-08-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/05/bungled-pledge-of-allegia_n_347278.html

Wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't made such a big deal out of it. Fitting that he got God in but couldn't manage "indivisible". Especially after he said it was great to do just because it drives liberals crazy. Way to bring a divided country together.

Hey, maybe it wasn't a mistake at all. Maybe he doesn't think we are indivisible. Rick Perry doesn't.

John

Fast_Eddie
11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Alas, John, I suspect you're right. God Love Rick Perry. May all his dreams come true.

elwood127
11-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I think that I won't be lonely in hell.

BlueStreak
11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
1954, Huh. I didn't know that. So, it took 180ish years to put it in, and only what, 30ish years to take it back out again? So, was America a Godless place bound straight for the bowls of Hell prior to the inclusion of "under God", in 1954?

I'm gonna have to sleep on that one.

G'night!

Dave

merrylander
11-09-2009, 07:35 AM
No it was not a Godless place but remember that the Founders and Framers had had enough of the Church of England. My Dad had enough of them as well, that was why he followed John Wesley and emigrated to Canada. The C of E could be pretty high handed, visit Colonial Williamsburg and take the tour. Back then you were compelled to attend Service or be found flat on you back at near death's door as your excuse. If they were not happy with your reason for not attending you spent time in the stocks - outdoors, summer or winter, day or night.

I figured that was the main reason for them being against a "State religion" but also for letting each worship as they please.

But if it is to be "Under God" then whose God?

Boreas
11-09-2009, 08:10 AM
1954, Huh. I didn't know that. So, it took 180ish years to put it in, and only what, 30ish years to take it back out again? So, was America a Godless place bound straight for the bowls of Hell prior to the inclusion of "under God", in 1954?

It got stuck in to set America apart from and presumably above the "godless" Soviet Union.

John

Fast_Eddie
11-09-2009, 08:12 AM
It got stuck in to set America apart from and presumably above the "godless" Soviet Union.

John

Should have just taken out "indivisible" when they did it. Adding the one surely led to losing the other.

merrylander
11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
BTW folks "invisible" was not a typo, that was how she recited it.

subwoofwoof
11-10-2009, 09:34 AM

What a bonehead! :cool: