PDA

View Full Version : Wayne's world view!

Oerets
02-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Here is an interesting read on the NRA's thinking. Seems that with all the guns being sold is causing the need for more guns to be needed???

""And our membership sells a shitload of heavy firepower to people that you wouldn't trust to walk your dog. You are definitely not safe walking around under-armed as long as those sorts of folks keep buying the products that are making all us folks rich.""

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172855/-NRA-Warns-of-High-Gun-Sales-Urges-People-to-Buy-More-Guns

Barney

BlueStreak
02-16-2013, 08:14 AM
I believe I have metioned this phenominon in this forum before.

It's insane, isn't it, Barney?

It's as if an arson has come and set your house on fire. Then the firemen show up to put it out with more gasoline.......................

Regards,
Dave

JJIII
02-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Reads a lot like "The Onion".;)

Oerets
02-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I found it when trying to find an article mentioned on Bill Maher last night. Some study showing IIRC the vast majority of guns sold go to buyers owning at least twelve already. Not the average gun owner by any means. Implying also the same people feel the need to better be prepared for impending calamity when climate change takes hold or something or other. When the hordes are out to kill you I guess.

Got to watch it again later.

Barney

mpholland
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I only own nine guns. Guess I better hurry and get up to 12 so that I can then buy more and keep up with the Jones'

bobabode
02-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I only own nine guns. Guess I better hurry and get up to 12 so that I can then buy more and keep up with the Jones'

Planning a vacation in Idaho?;)

bobabode
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
I found it when trying to find an article mentioned on Bill Maher last night. Some study showing IIRC the vast majority of guns sold go to buyers owning at least twelve already. Not the average gun owner by any means. Implying also the same people feel the need to better be prepared for impending calamity when climate change takes hold or something or other. When the hordes are out to kill you I guess.

Got to watch it again later.

Barney

That was a good one last night, Barney. Poor Jamie, the editor from the Daily Caller sat on his hands most of the show. It was funny when he started up like a whiney little boy, "You're putting words in my mouth!", to the historian. The arched eyebrow and smirk from DNC Brazzile sitting next to him was more eloquent than Bill Mahr's "Oh, bullshit...", comment. All in all a good show.