PDA

View Full Version : Drone Exports To UAE Helps Local Economy

icenine
02-23-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-predator-drone-sale-20130223,0,6933108.story

more work for people in Poway.........................\

was anyone upset when workers built B-52s here in the good old days....
well one way to look at is if everyone has drones we will be safe, right?

and it is obvious we are not the only nation making or selling drones....

bobabode
02-23-2013, 06:04 PM
:DTrawling for anti big bro military sentiment, Robbin?;)Just wait until I get my zepplin up and flying....:rolleyes:

Dondilion
02-23-2013, 06:38 PM
[url]

and it is obvious we are not the only nation making or selling drones....

I do not believe the technology is too difficult. If it is a very profitable endeavor the South Koreans will soon be involved.

finnbow
02-23-2013, 07:34 PM
It seems that Iran may have again guided yet another drone down to the ground (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-claims-it-captured-a-foreign-drone-during-military-exercise/2013/02/23/2edf30e0-7de8-11e2-9073-e9dda4ac6a66_story.html)within their territory today. If they can hack into the controlling software, I'm sure we'd be able to render those exported to the UAE inoperable if need be.

BlueStreak
02-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Well, I 'm glad to see Poway getting some work. But, I still don't trust the MIC and I live just a couple miles from several shipyards that are wholly and entirely dependent on it.

Regards,
Dave

icenine
02-23-2013, 07:46 PM
:DTrawling for anti big bro military sentiment, Robbin?;)Just wait until I get my zepplin up and flying....:rolleyes:

Yes I am a bit over the top today I hope I have not offended anyone.....
a drone in every pot lol;)

where did everyone goe? Whell JBS Mezz
I hope I am not scaring them away...I do miss hatchetjack too

please no fighting....this IS political chat lol.............

icenine
02-23-2013, 07:48 PM
It seems that Iran may have again guided yet another drone down to the ground (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-claims-it-captured-a-foreign-drone-during-military-exercise/2013/02/23/2edf30e0-7de8-11e2-9073-e9dda4ac6a66_story.html)within their territory today. If they can hack into the controlling software, I'm sure we'd be able to render those exported to the UAE inoperable if need be.

Well it would indeed be troubling if the part about the Iranians gaining control of the drone and bringing it down is to be believed....I think the control systems are just as critical (obviously) and the Iranians having that capability would not be good at all.

icenine
02-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Well, I 'm glad to see Poway getting some work. But, I still don't trust the MIC and I live just a couple miles from several shipyards that are wholly and entirely dependent on it.

Regards,
Dave

Come on Dave...Foward (;)) to our Brave New World.

but to be honest San Diego is not a cheap place to live in we need these sorts of jobs...I am sure your part of MD is in the same boat

BlueStreak
02-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Come on Dave...Foward (;)) to our Brave New World.

but to be honest San Diego is not a cheap place to live in we need these sorts of jobs...I am sure your part of MD is in the same boat

I'm in VA and the military is about all that has been keeping this place afloat the last few years. We lost some private sector jobs in 2008-2009, but military contractors are still chugging along. So long as the Navy keeps wearing out ships...........

But, still.

The latest scuttlebutt around here is that Obama is visiting on tuesday because the shipyards and their unions are headed into contract negotiations. I don't know what that would have to do with him coming here, but all the local wingnuts think there is something rotten going on.............Of course they do, they always think that. Unions + Obama = Communist Revolution and the mass rapin' o' white girls.:rolleyes:

Local gun sales have probably gone berserk again.

Dave

finnbow
02-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Well it would indeed be troubling if the part about the Iranians gaining control of the drone and bringing it down is to be believed....I think the control systems are just as critical (obviously) and the Iranians having that capability would not be good at all.

They did so already last year.

BlueStreak
02-23-2013, 08:01 PM

Twice now, I gather.

Dave

icenine
02-23-2013, 08:06 PM

Really... I knew that they had one but I thought it had crashed but I did not really read up on it. The powers that be sort of said oh well do not worry about it the Iranians won't be able to figure it out...sort of pooh poohed the whole thing.

finnbow
02-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Really... I knew that they had one but I thought it had crashed but I did not really read up on it. The powers that be sort of said oh well do not worry about it the Iranians won't be able to figure it out...sort of pooh poohed the whole thing.

The drone they got last year was pictured intact on the ground. Of course, the CIA has been silent on how they achieved that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93U.S._RQ-170_incident