PDA

View Full Version : Romney: ‘It kills me’ not to be in White House

mpholland
03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Woe is me.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mitt-romney-kills-fox-obama-163333853--election.html

Zeke
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Dumbass Romney.

1. He lost because nobody trusted his ability to lead.
2. Convinced there'd be no sequestration? True, there'd just be (failed) Republican agendas.
3. It was "the media's" fault? That what, we couldn't be fooled?

Whiny bitches...

ebacon
03-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Ann Romney said. "I believe it was the media's fault as well, in that he was not being given a fair shake--that people weren’t allowed to really see him for who he was. I’m happy to blame the media.”

To Ann Romney -- we did see him for who he is. A trust fund brat. Your old man is no Ross Perot, that's for sure.

icenine
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM
A voter can vote for a guy that they maybe do not like but feel is the best decision for the nation.

A voter will never vote for anyone if he or she feels the candidate does not like them.

I continually get the impression this guy only cares about those in his elite circle and perhaps fellow Mormons. He has no empathy for anyone else and can not relate to average Americans. You can be born with a silver spoon but when you have a tin ear to go along with it you are not going to win the Presidency. He did have the ability to pass health care in Massachusetts but I think that was sheer political calculation on his part and he did not expect a force from the left to co-opt him on that front, and did not fathom his own party would become so extreme as to view a Heritage Foundation idea on individual responsibility as anathema.

Dondilion
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Romney lost when he was caught beating up a significant percentage of Americans.

He just could not recover from that.

Oerets
03-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Looking back now the election is over any number of reasons can be seen for Romney's defeat. Bottom line not enough Americans could hold their noses and vote for the phoney SOB.

Barney

piece-itpete
03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Better the devil you know...

Pete

CarlV
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Looking back now the election is over any number of reasons can be seen for Romney's defeat. Bottom line not enough Americans could hold their noses and vote for the phoney SOB.

Barney

Yes indeed, even in Mass. where he was elected Gov. they took a pass. :)

Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/news/special/politics/2012/general/mass-us-president-election-results-2012.html)

Carl

Dondilion
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Better the devil you know...

Pete

Expand please!

piece-itpete
03-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I just meant it the old way. Romney didn't have enough ommph to overcome a sitting Presidents' advantage.

Pete

ebacon
03-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Ommph?

barbara
03-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I just meant it the old way. Romney didn't have enough ommph to overcome a sitting Presidents' advantage.

Pete

Had nothing to do with lack of ommph. It has to do with the fact that the majority of voting citizens are sick and tired of the wealthy lining their pockets at the expense of the middle and lower class folks.

piece-itpete
03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Obama & Co REALLY changed that.

Pete

finnbow
03-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Pete

No, but they talked about changing it.;)

bobabode
03-04-2013, 01:38 PM

Pete

Hope;)vs. Nope:(

mpholland
03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Hope;)vs. Nope:(

They say hope springs eternal.

Maybe the nope won't be as eternal as hope.

piece-itpete
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Actually the way the party of the status quo packaged itself as an agent of change is remarkable.

Pete

bobabode
03-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Actually the way the party of the status quo packaged itself as an agent of change is remarkable.

Pete

Yeh, those Republicant's will lie about everything...:rolleyes:

finnbow
03-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Pete

Conservative:

Noun

A person who favors maintenance of the status quo or reversion to some earlier status.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conservative#Noun

By definition, the conservative party (i.e., the GOP) is the party of the status quo.

bobabode
03-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Then you have progressive...;)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/progressive

BlueStreak
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Right. The GOP will teach the financial elite in this country a lesson by giving them a fat tax cut, cutting "entitlements" designed to benefit the masses, busting unions and stripping away regulation.............................:confused:

Wow. That's really harsh. I'm glad I'm not rich with those badass Republicans around to show me what's what.:rolleyes:

Regards,
Dave

wgrr
03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Romney had a lot more to overcome than the advantage of a sitting President. His own party did not like him. When Newt Gingrich and Rick (frothy) Santorum gave him a strong challenge in the primaries it was clear he had serious problems.

He was a rabid tbagger in the primaries and turned into Obama II in the General election. His choice of using Bush's campaign team was stupid.

Romney pretty much new the fix was in. He had no idea people would wait in line for hours to vote in Democratic districts. Republican districts did not have such problems. His 47% comment was stupid beyond imagination and was probably a major reason why he did not get close to winning. Roves temper tantrum, on Fox News, pretty much proved to me that his plan, that was identical almost to the minute, of his election fraud scheme in 2004 failed. To many people voted though and the plan could not overcome the turnout.

The worst thing is that Romney is a pathological liar. This probably comes from his vulture capitalism back ground and the fact that most very wealthy people believe they can say anything they want and it makes it true. I learned that when I lived for two years with my aunt and uncle while my parents were out of the country. Uncle Jimmy owned the property that is pretty much about 1/4th of down town Atlanta today. There is a website that has documented 553 Romney lies during the primaries and campaign. It is a moot point now but, I will see if I can dig it up.

Another big problem was letting that spoiled bitch Ann Romney even open her pie hole. Other gaffs include entering a prancing pony in the Olympics only to find out that the horse is a "therapy" horse for Ann to get a $77,000 dollar a year tax right of for care of the horse each year. There is no way in hell it cost $77,000 a year to care for a horse. My dad played polo, and my mom and dad fox hunted. They had some very pampered horses and ponies. They are not that hard to feed, train, and stable. I am sure the $77,000 includes dancing pony lessons that have nothing to do with a "therapy" horse. I would donate a quarter horse for Ann to ride for MS therapy. He does have a tendency to go rouge Sometimes and try to knock you off by running through the woods. I believe it costs about $2,000 a year to stable him and feed him. That includes shoeing him.

Another problem were the tax returns. I paraphrase but, Ann Romney stated that it is all you people need to know about our finances. My real thought is if the returns were released forensic accountants, would have ripped him a new one, for potential tax fraud.

Still the 47% comment is what killed him. He pissed off a lot of minorities, the unemployed and poor whites. They came out and voted his ass into eventual obscurity.

Romney and his bitch wife are has been's. Why do I have to keep hearing from them. They offer nothing to the Republican party and should fade away from politics.

What gets me is the arrogant SOB was so sure he was going to win he did not eve prepare a concession speech. How could an N word ever beat a great Mormon Bishop.

Zeke
03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Tough words.

I agree with about 85%. :)

barbara
03-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Romney had a lot more to overcome than the advantage of a sitting President. His own party did not like him. When Newt Gingrich and Rick (frothy) Santorum gave him a strong challenge in the primaries it was clear he had serious problems.

He was a rabid tbagger in the primaries and turned into Obama II in the General election. His choice of using Bush's campaign team was stupid.

Romney pretty much new the fix was in. He had no idea people would wait in line for hours to vote in Democratic districts. Republican districts did not have such problems. His 47% comment was stupid beyond imagination and was probably a major reason why he did not get close to winning. Roves temper tantrum, on Fox News, pretty much proved to me that his plan, that was identical almost to the minute, of his election fraud scheme in 2004 failed. To many people voted though and the plan could not overcome the turnout.

The worst thing is that Romney is a pathological liar. This probably comes from his vulture capitalism back ground and the fact that most very wealthy people believe they can say anything they want and it makes it true. I learned that when I lived for two years with my aunt and uncle while my parents were out of the country. Uncle Jimmy owned the property that is pretty much about 1/4th of down town Atlanta today. There is a website that has documented 553 Romney lies during the primaries and campaign. It is a moot point now but, I will see if I can dig it up.

Another big problem was letting that spoiled bitch Ann Romney even open her pie hole. Other gaffs include entering a prancing pony in the Olympics only to find out that the horse is a "therapy" horse for Ann to get a $77,000 dollar a year tax right of for care of the horse each year. There is no way in hell it cost $77,000 a year to care for a horse. My dad played polo, and my mom and dad fox hunted. They had some very pampered horses and ponies. They are not that hard to feed, train, and stable. I am sure the $77,000 includes dancing pony lessons that have nothing to do with a "therapy" horse. I would donate a quarter horse for Ann to ride for MS therapy. He does have a tendency to go rouge Sometimes and try to knock you off by running through the woods. I believe it costs about $2,000 a year to stable him and feed him. That includes shoeing him.

Another problem were the tax returns. I paraphrase but, Ann Romney stated that it is all you people need to know about our finances. My real thought is if the returns were released forensic accountants, would have ripped him a new one, for potential tax fraud.

Still the 47% comment is what killed him. He pissed off a lot of minorities, the unemployed and poor whites. They came out and voted his ass into eventual obscurity.

Romney and his bitch wife are has been's. Why do I have to keep hearing from them. They offer nothing to the Republican party and should fade away from politics.

What gets me is the arrogant SOB was so sure he was going to win he did not eve prepare a concession speech. How could an N word ever beat a great Mormon Bishop.

Gee, I'd forgotten about some of those things.
I think the comment that struck me the hardest was when his wife was trying to say how she could relate to those who were experiencing hard times (loss of jobs, houses, etc). She said she knew what that was like ..... After all, she and Mitt had to sell some stocks to pay their bills when they were college students.
(Paraphrasing)

merrylander
03-05-2013, 06:55 AM
The whole party is rotten to the core, I see that the "ladies" they hired to lie about Bob Menendez have now come forth and admitted they were paid to say what they did. Is there a single Republicant out there who still can speak truth?

piece-itpete
03-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Conservative:

Noun

A person who favors maintenance of the status quo or reversion to some earlier status.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conservative#Noun

By definition, the conservative party (i.e., the GOP) is the party of the status quo.

Then you have progressive...;)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/progressive

How about current reality?

Pete

Zeke
03-05-2013, 08:37 AM
How about current reality?

Pete

It's pretty much the same.

piece-itpete
03-05-2013, 08:39 AM
'Reform' through higher taxes?

Pete

Zeke
03-05-2013, 08:41 AM

Pete

There's no viable debt repayment plan that doesn't include making the payments.

BlueStreak
03-05-2013, 08:45 AM

Pete

There's no viable debt repayment plan that doesn't include making the payments.

How do you reduce existing debt by refusing to pay the bills?

Dave

ebacon
03-05-2013, 08:51 AM
How do you reduce existing debt by refusing to pay the bills?

Dave

Say the investors willingly bought US bonds and should have known they came with downside risk.

See how easy that is?

piece-itpete
03-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Apparently you print boatloads of money and devalue it ;)

Why did my blue collar workers out in the warehouse's taxes go up?

And, if you have a structural debt problem, how do you fix it without cutting spending?

Pete

BlueStreak
03-05-2013, 09:12 AM
By keeping the bills paid, instead of allowing them to pile up?

You could also stop encouraging business to seek cheaper labor costs as well.
Lower prices do nothing to generate revenue when you had to lay off armies of workers and create millions of unemployment check cashers to acheive them.

Dave

barbara
03-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Apparently you print boatloads of money and devalue it ;)

Why did my blue collar workers out in the warehouse's taxes go up?

And, if you have a structural debt problem, how do you fix it without cutting spending?

Pete

Why does it have to be one or the other? The only way we are going to get out of this financial mess is to cut spending and raise taxes.

piece-itpete
03-05-2013, 09:18 AM
When Obama put out '$1 in taxes for $2 in cuts' I figured out it would mean a 30% tax increase to continue to 'enjoy' the status quo.

I don't think that is possible even if desirable.

Pete

bobabode
03-05-2013, 05:24 PM
When Obama put out '$1 in taxes for $2 in cuts' I figured out it would mean a 30% tax increase to continue to 'enjoy' the status quo.

I don't think that is possible even if desirable.

Pete

I would've rathered it the other way around. Up taxes on the ones with the most money....you know, the takers, the 1%.;)

mpholland
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
I think the extremely wealthy do need to pay more, on all of their income, not just wages. I think we are going to have to pay more also. I would be OK with that, IF the government would just make at least a half-hearted attempt at cutting waste. My big problem with paying more taxes is that they don't spend the money they get worth a shit, so why should I give them more to waste?

BlueStreak
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I think the extremely wealthy do need to pay more, on all of their income, not just wages. I think we are going to have to pay more also. I would be OK with that, IF the government would just make at least a half-hearted attempt at cutting waste. My big problem with paying more taxes is that they don't spend the money they get worth a shit, so why should I give them more to waste?

Right. For the last few days, all we've heard is people freaking out about $85B in cuts............................

What did Ryan propose? Wasn't it like $300-400B?

Dave

finnbow
03-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Right. For the last few days, all we've heard is people freaking out about $85B in cuts............................

What did Ryan propose? Wasn't it like $300-400B?

Dave

While criticizing Obama's Medicare "cuts.":confused:

Dondilion
03-05-2013, 07:52 PM

No body needs to pay more taxes. The government is top heavy. We need to make do with what we have.

BlueStreak
03-05-2013, 07:52 PM
While criticizing Obama's Medicare "cuts.":confused:

Right. And now some of his buds are whining that the cuts should have come from Medicare and not defense. I wish they would make up their friggin' minds.

They really do bank on the average American having the memory span of a gnat, don't they?

Dave

mpholland
03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
No body needs to pay more taxes. The government is top heavy. We need to make do with what we have.

Nice pipe dream right there. Explain to me how to get out of a 16 trillion dollar debt without raising taxes. That equates to about 250 billion/year in just interest from a 4 trillion dollar budget. That is the 6th largest item in the budget. What do you think is going to happen in a few years when interest rates go up? It won't take much of an increase to get the interest payment up over 10% of our buget.

bobabode
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM

Yeah, riiiight. The top earners need to pay their fair share progressively.;)

Zeke
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah, riiiight. The top earners need to pay their fair share progressively.;)

100% accurate.

bobabode
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
100% accurate.

I'm thinkin' 50%.:)