PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new here

Rajoo
03-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Like to introduce myself, my name is rajoo and I live in the SF Bay Area.

I am a political centrist but when forced to, associate with the left. Did vote for Obama in 2012 but was truly a vote against Romney.

My user name in AK is "rajoo" but on this forum chosen the name "BeamOn" so I can shed some light on this troubled world we live in. :D Actually it's the name of my company and we have a cool logo that I plan to use as my avatar if I am allowed to hang around long enough. An engineer by education (Illinois) and a long time small business owner without any affiliation to business groups.

Look forward to sharing some thoughts with my fellow members of this forum.

rajoo

finnbow
03-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome. Stick around and post. If ebacon tries to razz you, tell him to stuff it.

Dondilion
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome aboard!

Zeke
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Warm greetings!

JJIII
03-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Welcome! Take your shoes off, sit a spell.:)

noonereal
03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
What up? :p

d-ray657
03-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome Beamon.

The interesting part about determining where a centrist stands is trying to figure out what has happened to the center. It seems to me that the center has moved to the right in recent years. But we usually find that the labels don't fit anyway, because everyone brings a different perspective here. I even find myself agreeing with the righties from time to time. :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Rajoo
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome Beamon.

The interesting part about determining where a centrist stands is trying to figure out what has happened to the center. It seems to me that the center has moved to the right in recent years. But we usually find that the labels don't fit anyway, because everyone brings a different perspective here. I even find myself agreeing with the righties from time to time. :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Centrist is the missing link between the extremes (Pelosi & Ryan?) that the two party system has devolved into. As a business owner for over twenty five years, our economy is in one of my greatest concerns. Fairness in taxation and elimination of corporate subsidies is where the dialog needs to start to address our budget deficits. But we keep kicking the can down the road. Thanks for the welcome.

rajoo.

bobabode
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Centrist is the missing link between the extremes (Pelosi & Ryan?) that the two party system has devolved into. As a business owner for over twenty five years, our economy is in one of my greatest concerns. Fairness in taxation and elimination of corporate subsidies is where the dialog needs to start to address our budget deficits. But we keep kicking the can down the road. Thanks for the welcome.

rajoo.

Hi Rajoo, Nice to see you over here. Join in the fun. Regards, Bob.

d-ray657
03-12-2013, 07:56 PM

rajoo.

It's fun to find common ground, but also fun to debate. We probably have some common ground on corporate welfare, but my use of the term probably reveals a bit about my perspective.

Regards,

D-Ray

1TubeGuru
03-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Welcome, my name is William and i am also new here.

icenine
03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi my name is Robbin....I was stationed on the Abraham Lincoln when it was homeported in Alameda. I lived in Vallejo also. I miss the area. I used to take the BART to Frisco all the time. Once in 1992 I went over to buy a Philippines Airline ticket for my wife so she could come over and marry me. I see a crowd of people on Polk waiting for the cable car trolley...low and behold here comes Bill Clinton in the flesh. He seemed to shine...it was before he was elected.

And I totaled my lousy 4 banger 89 Mustang on the 80 going to work one morning that sucked.

Welcome to PC!

Oerets
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Welcome aboard!

Barney

Rajoo
03-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Hi my name is Robbin....I was stationed on the Abraham Lincoln when it was homeported in Alameda. I lived in Vallejo also. I miss the area. I used to take the BART to Frisco all the time. Once in 1992 I went over to buy a Philippines Airline ticket for my wife so she could come over and marry me. I see a crowd of people on Polk waiting for the cable car trolley...low and behold here comes Bill Clinton in the flesh. He seemed to shine...it was before he was elected.

And I totaled my lousy 4 banger 89 Mustang on the 80 going to work one morning that sucked.

Welcome to PC!

Thanks Robbin. My daughter jokes that we need to pay for the weather to live here. We lived in South Florida before moving here in 1985, so a major geographic upgrade.
rajoo

piece-itpete
03-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Howdy!

I too am a cent-rist. I have run out of dollars :)

Pete

icenine
03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks Robbin. My daughter jokes that we need to pay for the weather to live here. We lived in South Florida before moving here in 1985, so a major geographic upgrade.
rajoo

Well you may be paying a bit much since it is always a bit chilly there....
however I feel the Bay Area is the crown jewel of California....I miss it.

merrylander
03-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Rajoo, welcome to the nuthouse.

Rajoo
03-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi Rajoo, welcome to the nuthouse.

Thanks Rob, we all need a break some time. :D

BlueStreak
03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Welcome. You Communist.

Dave

BlueStreak
03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome, my name is William and i am also new here.

Glad to see you're still with us.

Dave

Rajoo
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Welcome. You Communist.

Dave

I am actually a so************************t, but you choose to see a red streak in me. :confused:

BlueStreak
03-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Just messing with you.

Dave

bobabode
03-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I am actually a so************************t, but you choose to see a red streak in me. :confused:

Just so you know, when s o c i a l i s t is spelled out our resident spambot will do this to it, so************************t. One extreme righty in a tin foil hat was constantly spewing that word out as an invective and was sure he was being edited-poor guy was run off by an anti-spambot.:D
Ps - v i a g r a gets the same treatment.

Now if the penis starch pharma companies come up with a drug with Pete contained in it? That would be fun.:rolleyes::eek:

Rajoo
03-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Disclaimer: After I read "One day in the life of Ivan Desinovich", I came over to the US and embraced capitalism.

d-ray657
03-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Disclaimer: After I read "One day in the life of Ivan Desinovich", I came over to the US and embraced capitalism.

Don't worry, we'll retrieve you from the dark side. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
03-15-2013, 08:53 AM
LMAO!!

Bob, if they did name a stiffener after me (what an honor! :)), just think of the awesome commercials.

Pete

ebacon
03-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome. Stick around and post. If ebacon tries to razz you, tell him to stuff it.

Yeah. I like that. :D

d-ray657
03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
LMAO!!

Bob, if they did name a stiffener after me (what an honor! :)), just think of the awesome commercials.

Pete

Use Pete for a stiff Peter. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
05-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Use Pete for a stiff Peter. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

Get a stiffy with 'Pete'! reg. trademark:eek::DLol...

piece-itpete
05-06-2013, 09:48 AM
LMAO!!

Pete

icenine
05-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Images of Alexander Solzhenitsyn would not help m....ooops I mean anyone....

piece-itpete
05-06-2013, 09:56 AM
No manlove for A.S.? :D

Pete

icenine
05-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Hell no lol

piece-itpete
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37575468.jpg

:D

Pete