PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys at work???????????????

BlueStreak
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
It just occured to me that, given the time of day and day of week, most of you are probably AT WORK.:eek:

Holy Cow, I wish I had the time to sit around and "shoot the shit" on the internet while I'm at work! Americas factory workers are lazy? Not from where I'm standing. We don't have time for this nonsense. The line is running and I'd better darn well be there!

One of our office people asked me, yesterday;
"Are you in the system?"
(The "system" she's referring to is the plants internal "Chatroom".)
"Many hourly people in the system, Lisa?"
"No, none that I'm aware of."
"Ponder that for a while and get back to me when you've figured it out.":rolleyes:

Love,
Dave

Fast_Eddie
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm at work from about 7:30 AM to about 6:30 PM. Since so much of my life happens in this office, the line blurs a lot.

piece-itpete
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Yep. Work like a dog, pile it on, atlas :)

I write posts while on the phone etc. I never let it interfere with work.

Which is why I occasionally disappear.

Pete

d-ray657
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
In many ways, my office is wherever my laptop is. I have entire case files, downloaded cases, research capability, and correspondence. I have often stayed up all night writing. Taking a break from writing occasionally is what I need to get the focus back.

Interestingly, in our business, we owners are the only producers of income and the other employee simply provides support service for us. Any time I spend not on task is on my dime.

Regards,

D-Ray

painter
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Yep. Work like a dog, pile it on, atlas :)

I write posts while on the phone etc. I never let it interfere with work.

Which is why I occasionally disappear.

Pete

A multi-tasker?

I have the PC in my art studio room and take breaks...often answering many friends mail from other states.

Grumpy
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I work from home so basically i'm always at work..

merrylander
11-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I work from home so basically i'm always at work..

+1 :D

Fast_Eddie
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Was just thinking about you guys. Ironic. If you saw me juggle politics here at work you would be amazed that I am the same hard headed, opinionated, loud mouthed bastard that comes on here and pisses everyone off.

Then again, being "the boss" does make it easier sometimes. Just listening to people can go a long way.

merrylander
11-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I was the 'boss' before I left Bell, then one week the 3rd level above me went on vacation and I was assigned the Magic Pen, Shee it, never wanted to hand something back so fast in my life.

My own staff were fine, but the rest of that group could be a PITA.