PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Lou Dobbs Resigned!

painter
11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/11/AR2009111125152.html?hpid=topnews

I found him less objectionable in his reporting than most.

The Times goes into MORE details...

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/lou-dobbs-to-depart-cnn/?hp

Charles
11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/11/AR2009111125152.html?hpid=topnews

I found him less objectionable in his reporting than most.

The Times goes into MORE details...

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/lou-dobbs-to-depart-cnn/?hp

I haven't really followed Dobbs, but, to the best of my understanding, he was the lone conservative voice at CNN. Seems like I remember him from years ago.

He'll be back, somewhere.

Chas

Boreas
11-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I haven't really followed Dobbs, but, to the best of my understanding, he was the lone conservative voice at CNN. Seems like I remember him from years ago.

He'll be back, somewhere.

Chas

Fox

John

Charles
11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Fox

John

Faux?

Chas

Fast_Eddie
11-11-2009, 09:38 PM
He's an ass. No doubt he'll be on Fox. I liked him less than Beck just because he tried to pretend to be "in the middle" when he is clearly a right wing nut job.

Charles
11-11-2009, 10:01 PM
He's an ass. No doubt he'll be on Fox. I liked him less than Beck just because he tried to pretend to be "in the middle" when he is clearly a right wing nut job.

Calm down Ed.

You have a bad habit of disparaging people who don't hold the same viewpoints as yourself.

Take it form me...I worked at the joint for a couple of years. And not just any joint, MSP, it doesn't get much worse.

There are FAR worse people than Lou Dobbs. He's only expressing his opinion.

I've been around people, that if I saw them standing on my front step, I'd fire both barrels through the front door.

Hold your fire for the people who deserve it.

Chas

BlueStreak
11-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Calm down Ed.

You have a bad habit of disparaging people who don't hold the same viewpoints as yourself.

Take it form me...I worked at the joint for a couple of years. And not just any joint, MSP, it doesn't get much worse.

I've been around people, that if I saw them standing on my front step, I'd fire both barrels through the front door.

Chas

Don't we all? Well, maybe not, but...................

I do, I disparage the shit out of people I don't agree with.

I generally find them to be stupid, cow like imbeciles,
who fall for every opinion guiding trick known to man.:D

I believe, to some degree, we all feel this way.

Yes, there are people who are far worse than Lou Dobbs.
And I have a feeling he will be joining them soon.

It's a shame. I once liked Lou. Oh well.

Dave

d-ray657
11-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Fox will be perfect for Dobbs. After all of that time pretending to be fair and balanced, he can join a group of people where he doesn't have to hide his biases, but his colleagues will still tell him he is fair and balanced.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
11-12-2009, 06:58 AM
I think he will run for President under a third party.

Charles
11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I take it a lot of you folks don't like Dobbs.

Chas

merrylander
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Used to watch his show but finally reached the opinion that Lou Dobbs best friend was Lou Dobbs.

Fast_Eddie
11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Calm down Ed.

Chas

Uh. Pretty calm over here. But, you know, thanks for the patronizing note.

Fast_Eddie
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Fox will be perfect for Dobbs. After all of that time pretending to be fair and balanced, he can join a group of people where he doesn't have to hide his biases, but his colleagues will still tell him he is fair and balanced.

Regards,

D-Ray

D, man. Please, calm down. Not sure why you're so fired up about this. You sure do disparage the people you don't agree with. Whew, your blood pressure must be off the chart. :p

Fast_Eddie
11-12-2009, 09:43 AM

Chas

Woah! Chas, take a pill! Wow! Easy partner. Why do you have to get so fired up about it? We're just expressing our opinion- you know, having a little friendly chat. Just because you don't agree with us doesn't mean you have to go off all half cocked like that. Keep your powder dry. Don't shoot 'till you see the whites of their eyes and all that. "Don't like" is some pretty strong language. Who are you to tell us who we like and who we don't like? Why do you have to make it personal like that.

(edit) I should probably ad:

Main Entry: sar·don·ic
Pronunciation: \sär-ˈdä-nik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: French sardonique, from Greek sardonios
Date: 1638
: disdainfully or skeptically humorous : derisively mocking <a sardonic comment>

Boreas
11-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I think he will run for President under a third party.

I believe he has thought about running fro office before so maybe.

John

Boreas
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM

Chas

Not at all. He's my favorite racist, nativist demagogue.

John

Charles
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Woah! Chas, take a pill! Wow! Easy partner. Why do you have to get so fired up about it? We're just expressing our opinion- you know, having a little friendly chat. Just because you don't agree with us doesn't mean you have to go off all half cocked like that. Keep your powder dry. Don't shoot 'till you see the whites of their eyes and all that. "Don't like" is some pretty strong language. Who are you to tell us who we like and who we don't like? Why do you have to make it personal like that.

(edit) I should probably ad:

Main Entry: sar·don·ic
Pronunciation: \sär-ˈdä-nik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: French sardonique, from Greek sardonios
Date: 1638
: disdainfully or skeptically humorous : derisively mocking <a sardonic comment>

Are you always this sardonic?

To tell the truth, I had confused Dobbs with Stuart Varney...can't place Dobbs at all.

What has he done to draw so much ire?

Chas

Fast_Eddie
11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

But to answer your question- eh, yeah. I tend to have a wry wit.

What Dobbs has done is pretend to be "Mr. Independent" when in reality he's a right wing nut job. He's led a virtual crusade against "illegals". Which, like so many "patriotic" movements of late, was really a thinly vailed, racially motivated hate mongering campaign.

But, what "ire?" Folks don't like him 'cause he's deceitful. But that's pretty much all anyone said. Don't much like him, pretty sure he'll end up on Fox. No one, for instance, called him Hitler or suggested that he is trying to ruin America. No one suggested that he should be murdered. No one defaced images of him. All of which, I could add, has been suggested at "Tea Parties" about the President of the United States by people who call themselves "Patriots."

Charles
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

But to answer your question- eh, yeah. I tend to have a wry wit.

What Dobbs has done is pretend to be "Mr. Independent" when in reality he's a right wing nut job. He's led a virtual crusade against "illegals". Which, like so many "patriotic" movements of late, was really a thinly vailed, racially motivated hate mongering campaign.

But, what "ire?" Folks don't like him 'cause he's deceitful. But that's pretty much all anyone said. Don't much like him, pretty sure he'll end up on Fox. No one, for instance, called him Hitler or suggested that he is trying to ruin America. No one suggested that he should be murdered. No one defaced images of him. All of which, I could add, has been suggested at "Tea Parties" about the President of the United States by people who call themselves "Patriots."

I think I'm starting to catch on.

He's a right wing nut job who apparently thinks that illegal immigration in not only illegal, but a problem. And attempts to portray himself as a moderate even though he holds racist views such as this.

Much like the Tea Party folks. They pretend to be patriots when they are clearly a one dimensional mob of hate filled religious bigots.

I will admit, I don't think that being a one dimensional hate filled bigot is a positive thing. I guess we're on the same page.

Just drawing different conclusions!!!!!

Chas

Fast_Eddie
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I will admit, I don't think that being a one dimensional hate filled bigot is a positive thing. I guess we're on the same page.

Welcome aboard. The water's fine.

JJIII
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I think I'm starting to catch on.

He's a right wing nut job who apparently thinks that illegal immigration in not only illegal, but a problem. And attempts to portray himself as a moderate even though he holds racist views such as this.

Much like the Tea Party folks. They pretend to be patriots when they are clearly a one dimensional mob of hate filled religious bigots.

Just drawing different conclusions!!!!!

Chas

LMAO! ;)

Boreas
11-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome aboard. The water's fine.

Wh.. what?? :confused:

John

merrylander
11-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't disagree with Dobbs regarding illegals, I did it by the book and so can they. His problem was playing fast and loose with the statistics. I hold no brief for La Raza (The Race? Sounds a bit racist to me) and their desire to get amnesty for all. I do not appreciate people marching down the street carrying foreign flags and protesting when the laws of the land are applied.