PDA

View Full Version : Cypress

Charles
04-01-2013, 08:18 PM
I know, it's a tree.

But you guys really are sucking hind tit if you haven't already started a thread on this.

Chas

icenine
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I know it is hard being on a (right wing) learning curve....

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5528

ebacon
04-01-2013, 08:47 PM
I never thought that I would see
A suit to compensate a tree

Maybe we should follow their example by further deregulating and lowering corporate tax rates to attract investment.

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Actually, it's an island where rich Russians sent their money just to have it disappear.
And, it's not a tree. The tree is spelled "Cypress" not "Cyprus" which is the correct spelling for the island nation.

I have a beautiful Leyland Cypress in my back yard and as far as I know, no rich Russians have stashed their money there.

Dave

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I never thought that I would see
A suit to compensate a tree

Maybe we should follow their example by further deregulating and lowering corporate tax rates to attract investment.

Yeah, see, that way your government runs out of cash even faster............

Hey! Haven't we seen this movie before?

Dave

Charles
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I know it is hard being on a (right wing) learning curve....

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5528

You are correct, and I am at fault, no matter how inconsequential the thread may be.

Please excuse those on the (right wing), as they often are too inhibited to express themselves to the best of their abilities.

Now being pretty much a centrist, and a Libertarian, and spending 40 yrs in the construction trades, I don't take too much shit from nobody.

And should you take these comments to be directed at you personally... I would like to commend you on your clairvoyance.

What's say we quit being the biggest smart ass on the block as address the reprecussions of Cyprus going belly up. Does this mean tha any government, any where , can seize your wealth, which is concentrated in fiat currency, at any time is suits them?

Or does that require a certain amount of knowledge and brain power that you (left wing) types don't possess?

Chas

PS: I didn't come here looking for a fight. But you'll have to better than defining me as (right wing). No offense, but do you suspect as being as stupid as you suspect?

ebacon
04-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Spoiler alert:

Yes, governments can act to stabilize the economy after businessmen make a mess of it.

Charles
04-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Yeah, see, that way your government runs out of cash even faster............

Hey! Haven't we seen this movie before?

Dave

Yeah.

It's called "The Fuckin Ya get Until You get Around to Murdering the Bastards"

Bad thing is, you never get the chance to murder the "right" bastards.

Don't sell the puppet masters short,

Chas

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Spoiler alert:

Yes, governments can act to stabilize the economy after businessmen make a mess of it.

Ayup. I'll have to research it again, but I believe even ours has that ability. Or, at least it's supposed to.

Dave

Charles
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Spoiler alert:

What's the difference between the corporations and the government?

Chas

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 10:23 PM
The name?

That's why we should deregulate the corporations and give them more freedom to act like the tyrants they long to be.....because we don't trust them. Do I have that right?

Dave

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Or is it that the corporations, being the government, have taxed and regulated themselves into being forced to offshore all of their money and jobs?

Phew, talk about being your own worst enemy!

Dave

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM
I suppose they were behind unionizing their own plants as some sort of sinister plot to...........Ummmmm, Hmmmmm.....

Dave

ebacon
04-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Chas

I'll bite. What? :D

icenine
04-02-2013, 12:43 AM
You are correct, and I am at fault, no matter how inconsequential the thread may be.

Please excuse those on the (right wing), as they often are too inhibited to express themselves to the best of their abilities.

Now being pretty much a centrist, and a Libertarian, and spending 40 yrs in the construction trades, I don't take too much shit from nobody.

And should you take these comments to be directed at you personally... I would like to commend you on your clairvoyance.

What's say we quit being the biggest smart ass on the block as address the reprecussions of Cyprus going belly up. Does this mean tha any government, any where , can seize your wealth, which is concentrated in fiat currency, at any time is suits them?

Or does that require a certain amount of knowledge and brain power that you (left wing) types don't possess?

Chas

PS: I didn't come here looking for a fight. But you'll have to better than defining me as (right wing). No offense, but do you suspect as being as stupid as you suspect?

well met....I think

icenine
04-02-2013, 12:47 AM
One of the reasons there is a tax on deposits there is this is not the first time the small country has been bailed out......people in the EU feel they should not have to do it again without the citizens in said country meeting them halfway so to speak. I think the Russians have bailed them out in the past also.

piece-itpete
04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Hey Chas welcome back!

I heard one wag say taking your deposits in the bank by fiat was a good reason for the 2nd amendment :)

Chas

The government has the force of law, the ultimate monopoly?

Pete

merrylander
04-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Hey Chas welcome back!

I heard one wag say taking your deposits in the bank by fiat was a good reason for the 2nd amendment :)

The government has the force of law, the ultimate monopoly?

Pete

But corporations only operate within the law when forced to do so.:rolleyes:

Nah, the ultimate monopoly is professional s[ports.:p

bobabode
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I know, it's a tree.

But you guys really are sucking hind tit if you haven't already started a thread on this.

Chas

Shit, Charlie. Not even a how do you do?:D We've missed ya.:) Move over you're hoggin' all the titties.