View Full Version : The self reliant Republic of Texas

Dondilion
04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
This piece takes a look at the self reliant Republic of Texas. :D

http://rt.com/shows/documentary/republic-texas-american-society-052/

BlueStreak
04-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.......................

And, even after secession there will still be corruption and people with wealth trying to assert their power, you fairytale believing bozos.

Are people really this naive?

Dave

ebacon
04-27-2013, 05:10 PM
The cowboy types in the southwest love that hardcore stuff. You should see the guys that live in Tombstone, AZ if you ever get the chance. They still wear duster coats and bandoliers.

It's clear that they are trying to do Ayn Rand right. Note that they said they are against war and that money is the root of all good. That's the same story that Bill Clinton told while he was closing military bases, deregulating banks, and implementing NAFTA. The gold standard is the only difference between what those Texans believe and what Bill Clinton believed. Also note that Al Gore is still beating the money drum with his carbon market solution to global warming.

What they don't understand is that Ayn Rand's objectivism can't be done right. It breeds too much greed by design.

Dondilion
04-27-2013, 08:35 PM
The cowboy types in the southwest love that hardcore stuff. You should see the guys that live in Tombstone, AZ if you ever get the chance. They still wear duster coats and bandoliers.

It's clear that they are trying to do Ayn Rand right. Note that they said they are against war and that money is the root of all good. That's the same story that Bill Clinton told while he was closing military bases, deregulating banks, and implementing NAFTA. The gold standard is the only difference between what those Texans believe and what Bill Clinton believed. Also note that Al Gore is still beating the money drum with his carbon market solution to global warming.

What they don't understand is that Ayn Rand's objectivism can't be done right. It breeds too much greed by design.

This documentary is really an eye opener. Reading about it and getting visuals are two different things. The characters here are matter of fact, deadpan serious.

hillbilly
04-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Dang it. I can't watch the vid. Took 14 minutes to load 36 seconds of it. Can't find an option in the link to watch a lesser quality version. Y'all must have some damn fast internet service. I'm paying about 100 a month through the only folks that provide service to my area and it's far to slow for rich video. :o

bobabode
04-27-2013, 09:07 PM
:DSheeeit, howdy. They ourta start up a quilting bee for all the good it'll do 'em.:rolleyes:
Only a Euro TV network would do a half hour segment on those halfwit sumbitches. They love that dime store novel crapola about the mythical wild west. We're all too familiar with Texans out here in California. Enron ring any bells?

Minting their own money? Weren't the Hunt brothers from Texas:rolleyes:?

I thought a Texas dollar was a cowpie? Maybe they oughta look into bitcoins...

bobabode
04-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Dang it. I can't watch the vid. Took 14 minutes to load 36 seconds of it. Can't find an option in the link to watch a lesser quality version. Y'all must have some damn fast internet service. I'm paying about 100 a month through the only folks that provide service to my area and it's far to slow for rich video. :o

I tell ya, you're not missing much. It's typical blowhard Texas bulls**t. You know how they can go on & on & on.:rolleyes: No offense to any real Texans.:)

Which operating system and service are you using? My better half Patty was tech support before they sent her job to Timbuktoo.

icenine
04-27-2013, 09:20 PM
I can see them all expecting their social security checks after they secede.....and medicare too

bobabode
04-27-2013, 09:29 PM
I can see them all expecting their social security checks after they secede.....and medicare too

In bullion, no doubt.;)

ebacon
04-27-2013, 09:59 PM
This documentary is really an eye opener. Reading about it and getting visuals are two different things. The characters here are matter of fact, deadpan serious.

They are very serious. I attended a golf outing with a crew like that and they handed out Ayn Rand copper coins. The country is full of them.

ebacon
04-27-2013, 10:01 PM
. . . Only a Euro TV network would do a half hour segment on those halfwit sumbitches. . .

Or a Russian network. It's the home of Ayn Rand and I know they are laughing their asses off. I just know it.

Dondilion
04-27-2013, 11:46 PM

Sorry about that Hill.

Monopoly! :mad:

Here in Brooklyn we have Time Warner and Verizon Fios fighting to show who is faster. This gives the consumer some options.

hillbilly
04-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Sorry about that Hill.

Monopoly! :mad:

Here in Brooklyn we have Time Warner and Verizon Fios fighting to show who is faster. This gives the consumer some options.

Oh we could have them up our speed, but goodness it'd cost more. Basic 1MB DSL is 85.00, 3MB DSL is 15.00 more, 6MB 15.00 more than that, etc. We just upgraded to 3MB last month and can't tell much difference.. even on my wifes new laptop with windows 8.

I can get 12MB, but at 15.00 per step-up, it'd cost a fortune. :(

CarlV
04-28-2013, 11:57 AM

Below the picture is a downloadable link. It is this:
http://rt.com/files/episode/1e/c6/40/00/docu.mp4

Right click, "Save Link As".:)

Carl

BlueStreak
04-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Oh, absolutely. But, of course they're more deserving than the rest of us. And much more patriotic. (As they advocate Seccession.).:rolleyes:

Dave

ebacon
04-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Oh, absolutely. But, of course they're more deserving than the rest of us. And much more patriotic. (As they advocate Seccession.).:rolleyes:

Dave

The hard core guys don't want anything from the feds. Notice even in that documentary they diss the flag and comment that if they ever secede they will use a McDonald's burger to cap the flagpole with the US flag.

The guys that are trying to do Ayn Rand right are not much different from any frustrated voter. It's just that what they don't realize is that Ayn Rand's objectivism isn't philosophy at all. It's propaganda.

BlueStreak
04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
The hard core guys don't want anything from the feds. Notice even in that documentary they diss the flag and comment that if they ever secede they will use a McDonald's burger to cap the flagpole with the US flag.

The guys that are trying to do Ayn Rand right are not much different from any frustrated voter. It's just that what they don't realize is that Ayn Rand's objectivism isn't philosophy at all. It's propaganda.

Hmmmmmmmmmm................. Food for thought.

Dave

BlueStreak
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
So, a treaty is made with the President of MEXICO in 1836 and this means the US government is supposed to honor that agreement?

WTF is that?

Dave

BlueStreak
04-28-2013, 04:06 PM
So, they feel entitled to land that is now Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico.................

Would they plan to annex these states if they secede? I mean, these people believe it's theirs, right?

Dave

BlueStreak
04-28-2013, 04:09 PM
I wonder how many people have actually attempted to steal Janes chickens?

Dave

BlueStreak
04-28-2013, 04:22 PM
"...if it's not good for the people, the people won't buy the dang thing."

Really?

Texas is not a state, or a country. It's a planet, apparently.

Dave

CarlV
04-28-2013, 05:19 PM
So I watched this rather funny piece, reminds me of Emperor Norton lol.

Carl

bobabode
04-28-2013, 06:27 PM
So I watched this rather funny piece, reminds me of Emperor Norton lol.

Carl

:D;):)

ebacon
04-28-2013, 06:50 PM
"...if it's not good for the people, the people won't buy the dang thing."

Really?

Texas is not a state, or a country. It's a planet, apparently.

Dave

Again, that philosophy comes from Ayn Rand. Alan Greenspan echoed it in his book too. The basic premise is that consumers will only buy what is in their best interest, e.g. good for them. The fallacy in the position is that it assumes consumers know what they are buying. Unfortunately pure laissez-faire capitalism prohibits the government from mandating consumer protections and we know how that goes. The person with the superior information is always able to screw the lesser informed.

Imagine the mess if drugs weren't tested, or food wasn't inspected, or airplanes weren't certified.

I went round and round with a laissez-faire type on the aviation board. He lamented how expensive airplane parts are and wished that the government would get their hands out of certification. The fact of the matter is that there is already a class of airplanes that the government exercises minimal oversight with regard to certification. They are called experimental aircraft and they are much cheaper than certified aircraft. But do average people buy experimental aircraft? No. Because they are not certified and they don't feel safe flying their loved ones in them or their loved ones simply refuse to strap in.

Round and round we go in the game of life. :D

BlueStreak
04-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Oh, I know the drill.

The country is attacked on 9/11.

The people demand greater security.

The government creates the DHS and TSA.

Then the same people bitch about the growth of government that this represents and the inconveniences that increased security causes.............

We really are a nation of crybabies.

Dave

merrylander
04-29-2013, 06:31 AM
I wonder how many people have actually attempted to steal Janes chickens?

Dave

I don't know but Richard King stole my wife's 4X Great Uncle's land and the first Texas Rangers were nothing but a gang of cutthroat thieves. Stephen Austin was the biggest thief of the lot, so they named the Capital after him.

BlueStreak
04-29-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't know but Richard King stole my wife's 4X Great Uncle's land and the first Texas Rangers were nothing but a gang of cutthroat thieves. Stephen Austin was the biggest thief of the lot, so they named the Capital after him.

Yes, but they were highly honorable, just and fiercely God-fearin' cut-throat theives who only came to steal what they regarded as rightfully theirs. So YOU need to show some respect...........:confused::rolleyes:

Dave

ebacon
04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Dave,

You might like this image on their web site. You guys have common ground so don't bash them too hard.

http://www.texasrepublic.info/drupal/node/53

BlueStreak
04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
What image and who is "you guys"?

Dave

ebacon
04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
What image and who is "you guys"?

Dave

It's a picture of their flag and it says that government should not be corporations. That's the same sentiment that yourself and many others, myself included, share.