PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cantor; Working Class Hero...............

BlueStreak
05-10-2013, 08:48 AM
........Yeah, right.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/298319-cantor-hits-the-road-to-press-gops-case-for-voluntary-overtime-pay-bill-

What's ridiculous is employers can do this anyways. Mine does it all of the time.
Sometimes on a voluntary basis, sometimes not. Case in point; Last week was maintenance shutdown. By the time I left on Saturday, I had close to 70 hours in. I had been scheduled to work Sunday, but the bulk of the work was done and they didn't need as many peole. I had option to work, or not. I stayed home.

I smell a rat. Admittedly, I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure there's a bendover in this snakes bill somewhere.

Maybe D-Ray has some input?

Dave

icenine
05-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Hosted by a private firm that contracts with Big Government (Cantor is a Big Government Employee)

translation we do not want to pay our workers time and a half should the government need them more than 80 hours during a pay period. We will reward them with comp time....bullshit to me.

piece-itpete
05-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Um, it's voluntary.

I've gotta say though, I don't understand why it's got to be a law.

Pete

BlueStreak
05-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Um, it's voluntary.

Pete

Sure it is.;)

Dave

BlueStreak
05-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Um, it's voluntary.

Pete

Laws are harder for unions to fight than policy.

Dave

BlueStreak
05-10-2013, 10:05 AM
"Explaining that the bill would be voluntary, Cantor said, "It's a head-scratcher to think why would anybody oppose such legislation."

It's because you're not trustworthy, Eric. You're an avaricious little asskissing stooge. If you propose it, it pretty much HAS to be a bung banging of some sort. I'd bet on it.

Dave

icenine
05-10-2013, 10:30 AM
In general when Big Government contracts out it pays in advance so rules are already set; many private contracts are restricted in advance i.e. hours are set in stone and no over time may be permitted at all. So a worker cannot work ovetime or flex period. Maybe this is behind it...you could work a private contractor 60 hours one week and 20 the next and "reward" him or her without the time and a half.

this does not apply to actual GS workers

icenine
05-10-2013, 10:33 AM
And it is not voluntary if you think your government boss is going to make contract renewal recommendations based on your willingness or unwillingness to work overtime for free.

merrylander
05-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Cantor said it is voluntary on both sides - excuse me? If the worker voluntarily selects time and a half and the employer selects comp time just how in the hell does that work?

Rex E.
05-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Cantor said it is voluntary on both sides - excuse me? If the worker voluntarily selects time and a half and the employer selects comp time just how in the hell does that work?

Bingo....but the "patriot" crowd will fall for it then blame Obama and "his" gov't for taking their OT.......