PDA

View Full Version : Corporatism and Fascism.

BlueStreak
05-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Here is an interesting take on the subject that pretty much mirrors mine.

http://rense.com/general62/corporatocracy.htm

Thoughts?

Dave

merrylander
05-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Lewis Powell must be laughing in hell.

bobabode
05-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Sounds about right. :(

BlueStreak
05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Now that employers and insurance carriers are getting more involved in our healthcare, I wonder how long it'll be before I get warned about being overweight and/or have to show my supervisor what I have in my lunch bag? I mean, after all, my health affects my productivity and my employers insurance costs, right? So, that makes pretty much everything I do, even when I'm not at work, their business does it not? A lot of the guys I work with like to build and race drag racers. I wonder how long it'll be before private emloyers and insurance companies start "frowning on" such risky activities? Who could blame them? They DO have a vested interest.

Seems to me that while everyone is focused on what the president is doing, private industry is stepping into the role of "Central Scrutinizer" in our lives.

Oh, but we don't dare breathe a word, now do we? We'd hate to see anyone lose their livelyhood.

Homelessness is such a terrble thing.

Dave

JJIII
05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
A lot of the guys I work with like to build and race drag racers. I wonder how long it'll be before private emloyers and insurance companies start "frowning on" such risky activities? Who could blame them? They DO have a vested interest.

Seems to me that while everyone is focused on what the president is doing, private industry is stepping into the role of "Central Scrutinizer" in our lives.

Oh, but we don't dare breathe a word, now do we? We'd hate to see anyone lose their livelyhood.

Dave

When I worked for DuPont, (early 70s) supervisors and positions above that level were banned from riding motorcycles.:mad:

Oerets
05-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Now that employers and insurance carriers are getting more involved in our healthcare, I wonder how long it'll be before I get warned about being overweight and/or have to show my supervisor what I have in my lunch bag? I mean, after all, my health affects my productivity and my employers insurance costs, right? So, that makes pretty much everything I do, even when I'm not at work, their business does it not? A lot of the guys I work with like to build and race drag racers. I wonder how long it'll be before private emloyers and insurance companies start "frowning on" such risky activities? Who could blame them? They DO have a vested interest.

Dave

Never happen, to much money being made in sales of cigarettes, alcohol, fatty foods sugar ect........

But once eating the vegan diet is profitable watchout!

Barney

mpholland
05-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Ever since corporations were endowed with human rights, they have increasingly become "We the people".

BlueStreak
05-16-2013, 06:41 AM
Ever since corporations were endowed with human rights, they have increasingly become "We the people".

Yes, and it is incredibly annoying.

JJIII
05-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes, and it is incredibly annoying.

I might add, dangerous to our country.

piece-itpete
05-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't see any difference between that guys take on fascism and communism.

Anyway, if the new and improved government is the problem, why does everyone want to give it more power?

I see he sees the past through rose colored glasses too ;)

Pete

bobabode
05-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't see any difference between that guys take on fascism and communism.

Anyway, if the new and improved government is the problem, why does everyone want to give it more power?

I see he sees the past through rose colored glasses too ;)

Pete

Maybe it's because of people like Kokesh and his idea for a July 4th protest in D.C.? Maybe it's all this talk about 2nd Amendment solutions and what happened to Gabby Gifford? What about Oklahoma City?

We true blue Americans are getting a little jittery about all of the insurrectionist trash talk.
Most Americans do not want to see the average joe with an AK47 or the like strapped and making threats against the government.

Zeke
05-16-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm not big on "ism's."

In general, they turn out bad.

merrylander
05-17-2013, 07:18 AM
I wonder if the new edition of the DSM has a name for what ails this nation.

finnbow
05-17-2013, 07:22 AM
I wonder if the new edition of the DSM has a name for what ails this nation.

Paranoid schizophrenia.

piece-itpete
05-17-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm not big on "ism's."

In general, they turn out bad.

True dat.

Pete