PDA

View Full Version : Illegal alien in CT? Now you can get a driver's license!

MikeG22
05-24-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/politics/drivers-license-for-illegal-immigrants-bill#.UZ-Qdvq9Kc2

Awesome, don't make them become legal and start paying taxes. Let them legally get a license and state minimum insurance so when they hit you, you can sue them for the zero assets they have. Underinsured motorist insurance could never be more important.

bobabode
05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a step in the right direction. We already do it here in California. If it makes the streets a little safer, I'm cool with it.

bobabode
05-24-2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/politics/drivers-license-for-illegal-immigrants-bill#.UZ-Qdvq9Kc2

Awesome, don't make them become legal and start paying taxes. Let them legally get a license and state minimum insurance so when they hit you, you can sue them for the zero assets they have. Underinsured motorist insurance could never be more important.

Don't illegals in Conn. and New York have taxes deducted from their paychecks? and pay taxes to the DMV on their vehicles?

MikeG22
05-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah illegals pay taxes like the guy mowing my neighbor's lawn who gets paid in cash from the cash the owner of the company collects. Oh I know mean right wing me thinks if you want to live here become a damn citizen. My wife is a naturalized citizen with dual Canadian it is very doable.

Makes the roads safer...really? The state minimum in NY and CT is 10k/25k liability/injury. If a person with that coverage hits you, destroys your car, and breaks your spine do you think that coverage is going to make you "safe". They will be just like all the deadbeats with minimal coverage which is why I have to pay an additional 450 a year to cover myself against "underinsured motorists". If you want to make the roads safer the minimal insurance should be also raised tremendously.

Dondilion
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah illegals pay taxes like the guy mowing my neighbor's lawn who gets paid in cash from the cash the owner of the company collects. Oh I know mean right wing me thinks if you want to live here become a damn citizen. My wife is a naturalized citizen with dual Canadian it is very doable.

Makes the roads safer...really? The state minimum in NY and CT is 10k/25k liability/injury. If a person with that coverage hits you, destroys your car, and breaks your spine do you think that coverage is going to make you "safe". They will be just like all the deadbeats with minimal coverage which is why I have to pay an additional 450 a year to cover myself against "underinsured motorists". If you want to make the roads safer the minimal insurance should be also raised tremendously.

It is in their interest to pay taxes if they want to become legal.

Thanks for the eye opener on NY insurance.

bobabode
05-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, it's 15/30 out here. Last I checked we carry 50/100k. Too many Maserati, Ferrari and Tesla drivin' wetbacks from Canada toolin' along out here.:rolleyes: I jest, Mike.;)

merrylander
05-25-2013, 06:38 AM
I guess because my prospective employer got the lawyer and the H1 visa becoming legal here was no problem. From horrer stories I have heard getting here nowadays is no walk in the park.

MikeG22
05-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Yeah, it's 15/30 out here. Last I checked we carry 50/100k. Too many Maserati, Ferrari and Tesla drivin' wetbacks from Canada toolin' along out here.:rolleyes: I jest, Mike.;)

What scares me is if I get hit and they total my truck which I paid over 35k for a year ago they will not be insured to cover the liability. It doesn't matter what they are driving. State minimum will also not cover any injuries that may put me out of work for a period of time, who has to pay for that?

Merrylander, I knew a guy who was working at the local tool rental from Guatemala. He was here illegally but went through the process last year. It cost almost 2k in lawyer time to make it happen but now he is a full tax paying naturalized citizen. If he had a criminal record or had been sent back numerous times before it would have been difficult to impossible. He was not paying a dime in taxes before the process.

merrylander
05-25-2013, 12:25 PM
My about to be employer paid $2500 for the visa and I paid $1200 to that same lawyer for the green card. Naturalization I did on my own.

bobabode
05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
At least some folks in the Republican party in congress are seeing the light and are now finally getting on board with immigration reform. One common misconception, fostered by the rightwing noise machine, is that Democrats favor illegal immigration. Nothing could be further from the truth. I would counter that it's the Repubs who like the illegals because they are cheap labor and they are actually depressing wages for all of us working stiffs which helps their anti-union agenda. I'm in the construction trades and one of the last Mohicans around here, no offense to any Mohawks.
We have poor souls getting killed out in the desert every day by the weather. They're just trying to get here to escape crushing poverty in their homelands. Ask those Guatemalans what they went through to get here, Mike. All the way through Mexico they are preyed upon by criminals and finally have to pay a coyote smuggler everything they have to lead them across the border. It's a terrible story.

There is also the matter of quotas in legal immigration that needs addressing and I hope that congress will finally get off the dime and fix these pressing issues.

BlueStreak
05-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Don't you realize they only come here to live on your dime, Bob? Don't you just hate them for that? Aren't you tired of "takers"? Don't you think that's money that could be put to better use by large corporations and plutocrats?

Yeah, I haven't swallowed that poisonous line of thinking either.

Dave

bobabode
05-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Don't you realize they only come here to live on your dime, Bob? Don't you just hate them for that? Aren't you tired of "takers"? Don't you think that's money that could be put to better use by large corporations and plutocrats?

Dave

I know a lot of those folk, Dave. Who do you think picks all that produce that we Californians ship east from the land of fruit and nutz?:rolleyes:

I touched on the fact that Repugs are always saying that the Dems are all for unlimited and/or illegal immigration, just to increase their base of voters.:pI suggest that anyone swallowing that line of horseshit just follow the money and the universal blind hatred of unions that is the Repugnant party manifesto. Total crapola and 180 degrees wrong.

MikeG22
05-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Dave

I know many of the Guatemalans, and it was actually interesting how they got here. I know down south it is different they come through Mexican hell. These guys did not go through Mexico; they flew right into one of our airports to see family on "vacation" and never left. Their visas are all expired but they simply do not care.

What came next was interesting as well. They work here for a few years living with family banking all their money to go back and live well. Most of them have wives and kids back home. From the way it sounds Guatemala is a crappy place to live unless you have some US coin. They do work like dogs here and are treated like garbage.

Don't get me wrong it's not that I dislike the illegals. I just wish they would do things more legitimately. They are taking a job from a tax paying American and providing cheap labor for GC scumbags who are making money hand over fist. I don't think reform will change things for these guys since they really don't want to live here for good.

bobabode
05-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Considering we propped up Presidente Rios Montt's genocidal regime in Guatemala for years starting in 1982, I would be overlooking it but if it really bugs you drop a dime on the employer who is capitalizing on these poor folk.

Here's how it works in these so called banana republics.

and Rios Montt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rios_Montt

Banana republics. Thanks to United Fruit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

Call me paranoid but personally I think this is exactly where the puppetmasters of the Republican party would like to take us.

MikeG22
05-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Rios Montt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rios_Montt

Banana republics. Thanks to United Fruit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

Interesting read, Bob. I knew well about banana republics and recently watched a show about S. American governments hiring and arming commandos to defend their crops only to have the hired groups start wiping out entire villages.

The article about Montt makes me wanna get out the old Rage Against the Machine album for a little "People of the Sun"

We have thought about dropping a dime on these builders we know using illegals, but then consider who will suffer. He will get fined and they will get rounded up and sent home. Who really has more to lose?

BlueStreak
05-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Interesting read, Bob. I knew well about banana republics and recently watched a show about S. American governments hiring and arming commandos to defend their crops only to have the hired groups start wiping out entire villages.

The article about Montt makes me wanna get out the old Rage Against the Machine album for a little "People of the Sun"

We have thought about dropping a dime on these builders we know using illegals, but then consider who will suffer. He will get fined and they will get rounded up and sent home. Who really has more to lose?

"Don't get me wrong it's not that I dislike the illegals. I just wish they would do things more legitimately. They are taking a job from a tax paying American and providing cheap labor for GC scumbags who are making money hand over fist."

Drop that dime.

Dave

Rex E.
05-26-2013, 10:04 AM

You've completed your circular argument. You either care about America and gather tax dollars from workers or you care about people........

MikeG22
05-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Well Rex, wanting them to become legitimate citizens vs sending them back where they came from are two very different approaches. Unfortunately, if your here and have no intention of ever legalizing then yeah it is time to go.

You feel bad for a guy just trying to make a buck but at the same time he is not making that money legally. Maybe we should send all the wall street inside traders to Guatemala to join em.

BlueStreak
05-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Well Rex, wanting them to become legitimate citizens vs sending them back where they came from are two very different approaches. Unfortunately, if your here and have no intention of ever legalizing then yeah it is time to go.

You feel bad for a guy just trying to make a buck but at the same time he is not making that money legally. Maybe we should send all the wall street inside traders to Guatemala to join em.

They'd just take all of our money with them.

Dave

Rex E.
05-27-2013, 12:31 PM
So then let's leave the little guys alone to fend for themselves and their families and start making the rich pricks who are hiring them pay their fair share.

bobabode
05-27-2013, 01:48 PM
So then let's leave the little guys alone to fend for themselves and their families and start making the rich pricks who are hiring them pay their fair share.

That is where organized labor comes in but sadly many workers have swallowed the oligarchs/plutocrats propaganda hook, line and sinker. They've allowed the oligarchs/plutocrats corrupt politicians to pull the union's fangs through 'Right to Work' legislation all over the country. The only reason workers have 5 day, 40 hour weeks is through the efforts of the unions many years ago. It's really sad.