PDA

View Full Version : It's put up or shut up time Repub Senators!

bobabode
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-calls-on-senate-to-quickly-confirm-3-judicial-nominees/2013/06/04/0a04e18c-cd27-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html?hpid=z3

The President nominates two women and a black man to the D.C. Court of Appeals.

CarlV
06-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Hmm, maybe another Oreo like Thomas? The women look white, possibilities I suppose if they choose to not obstruct the whole deal.Again.

Carl

CarlV
06-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Great, great stuff here, first I have heard of it. :)

NC governor, local prosecutor say weekly NAACP protests at Legislature drain resources

By Associated Press,

RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina’s Republican governor and a Democratic prosecutor are urging an end to the near-weekly demonstrations inside the state legislative building that have been organized by the NAACP to protest the GOP-led legislature’s conservative policies.

Gov. Pat McCrory said Tuesday that while feedback and lawful demonstrations are welcome, unlawful demonstrations are not, and cost resources. He told reporters he has no desire to meet with the protesters.

“I am pleased that it’s been non-violent,” said McCrory, a former Charlotte mayor who took office in January. “I’m very pleased with the way the authorities have handled it, in a non-violent manner.”

In a separate interview, Wake County District Attorney Colon Willoughby said the more than 300 arrests since April are pulling police officers away from fighting real crime and threatening to overwhelm the already overburdened courts in the state capital.
Though the NAACP initiated the protests, their ranks have been swelled by left-leaning clergy, doctors, advocates for the disabled and others protesting cuts to social programs, changes to voting laws and other issues championed by Republicans. Protesters are also rankled that state lawmakers have decided to forego expanding Medicaid to cover 500,000 people through 2016, even though it would be mostly federally funded.
Wapo (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/nc-governor-local-prosecutor-say-weekly-naacp-protests-at-legislature-drain-resources/2013/06/04/d22cd8a8-cd82-11e2-8573-3baeea6a2647_story.html)

Oh boo-hoo.

I can hear Rush now, "They got a free boat ride here and a full time job once they got here and this is the thanks we get?

:p

Carl

bobabode
06-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Hmm, maybe another Oreo like Thomas? The women look white, possibilities I suppose if they choose to not obstruct the whole deal.Again.

Carl

All of the bile & vitriol regurgitators at Fox and Turtle McConnell have been painting these appointments as "packing" the court, ala FDR's attempt to expand the number of justice's from 11 to 15 way back in the 30's. Where that line of reasoning falls flat on it's face is that these three nominees are just to fill the three vacant seats sitting open due to the obstructionism that you alluded to. It's nice to see Obama getting some backbone up and calling them out on this politically motivated base obstructionism.

I guess obstruction is all the Republican Party has left to offer these days.

BlueStreak
06-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Great, great stuff here, first I have heard of it. :)

Oh boo-hoo.

I can hear Rush now, "They got a free boat ride here and a full time job once they got here and this is the thanks we get?

:p

Carl

The first amendment trampled and shat upon and all he can do is give props to the police for not busting heads? What an arrogant bastard. These people have really got it bad. What amazes me is that people don't see that THIS is a prime example of a repressive police state.

Dave

CarlV
06-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I wonder how many arrests there would been so far if it were the Teabaggerz?

I wonder how the NC Iraq and Afghan vets, dead and alive, would feel about this taking away one's right to vote so your party can win an election?

Carl

BlueStreak
06-05-2013, 03:44 PM
I wonder how many arrests there would been so far if it were the Teabaggerz?

I wonder how the NC Iraq and Afghan vets, dead and alive, would feel about this taking away one's right to vote so your party can win an election?

Carl

The state would have erected tents, set up Port-a-Potties, provided traffic control and Hannity would have been on hand to spout off about what "Great Americans" they are. Bocephus would have showed up drunk and sung a song about it.

Dave

whell
06-05-2013, 07:09 PM
The state would have erected tents, set up Port-a-Potties, provided traffic control and Hannity would have been on hand to spout off about what "Great Americans" they are. Bocephus would have showed up drunk and sung a song about it.

Dave

What? As well funded as the Dems and some of their benefactors are, these items weren't provided for those poor NAACP protestors?

bobabode
06-05-2013, 09:07 PM
What? As well funded as the Dems and some of their benefactors are, these items weren't provided for those poor NAACP protestors?

We would but the asshats won't issue a permit for the protest. They would rather zip tie people and jail them.:mad:

CarlV
06-05-2013, 09:47 PM
We would but the asshats won't issue a permit for the protest. They would rather zip tie people and jail them.:mad:

Gotta love civil disobedience. :cool:

Carl

bobabode
06-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Gotta love civil disobedience. :cool:

Carl

If I were closer I would be there.;)

Rajoo
06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
If I were closer I would be there.;)

And you could get arrested for behaving like a damn Yank. :D

bobabode
06-05-2013, 11:44 PM
And you could get arrested for behaving like a damn Yank. :D

That is the goal. Peaceful civil disobedience as taught by a hero of mine, Mahatma Gandhi and one of his students, brother Martin.:)

Rajoo
06-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I salute your sense of conviction and here's one back to you.

“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

bobabode
06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
I salute your sense of conviction and here's one back to you.

“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Thanks, Rajoo.

Send me some plane tickets and I'll post up my mug shot:).

Rajoo
06-06-2013, 12:51 AM
My spiritual leader is Dr. Amar Bose and I have learned to attain audio nirvana without needing the highs and lows. :)

bobabode
06-06-2013, 12:54 AM
My spiritual leader is Dr. Amar Bose and I have learned to attain audio nirvana without needing the highs and lows. :)

Heh, heh. Bull chit.:D