PDA

View Full Version : Who are these 10%?

finnbow
06-14-2013, 11:09 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2013/06/poll.png
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/06/13/confidence-in-congress-drops-to-historic-low/

Other than Congresscritters themselves?

BlueStreak
06-14-2013, 11:42 PM
They were beat out by HMOs.

Now, that's bad.

Dave

whell
06-15-2013, 07:26 AM
They're definitely a subset of the equally bizarre 36% who still have confidence in the Presidency.

icenine
06-15-2013, 08:47 AM
He did end the great recession.
He did save the auto industry.
He just expanded health care through a heritage foundation idea....some hare brained idea about individual responsibility.

You know Whell if Christie set up a superpac and ran as independent in 2016 he might destroy the GOP once and for all......you notice he did not go to the prayer meeting.... just imagine if he did not participate in the debates that are going to happen in 2016. With such great Republicans as Santorum and Cruz on the podium maybe the new Al Jazeera network will broadcast the clown car shows.

Rajoo
06-15-2013, 09:26 AM
They're definitely a subset of the equally bizarre 36% who still have confidence in the Presidency.
Presidency? Is that euphemism for Obama or the form of government?

finnbow
06-15-2013, 10:22 AM

I doubt it. It's probably Teabaggers in the thrall of Cruz, Paul, etc.

BlueStreak
06-15-2013, 11:27 AM
.....you notice he did not go to the prayer meeting....

The GOP held a prayer meeting?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Did the ceiling cave in? Man, the contrived theatrics those guys engage in. But, I gotta hand it to them, to some degree, it seems to work.

Dave

icenine
06-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Yes he went to the Clinton Global Initiative instead. There was some GOP/Tea Party
religious meeting he chose to not attend at the same time.

Rajoo
06-15-2013, 11:44 AM
He just expanded health care through a heritage foundation idea....some hare brained idea about individual responsibility.

You know Whell if Christie set up a superpac and ran as independent in 2016 he might destroy the GOP once and for all......you notice he did not go to the prayer meeting.... just imagine if he did not participate in the debates that are going to happen in 2016. With such great Republicans as Santorum and Cruz on the podium maybe the new Al Jazeera network will broadcast the clown car shows.

With Michael Bloomberg as campaign finance chairman. He can spend more time campaigning and less time fund raising. ;)
This should drive "Big Gulp" Palin and the TP's gasping for words. :D

BlueStreak
06-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes he went to the Clinton Global Initiative instead. There was some GOP/Tea Party
religious meeting he chose to not attend at the same time.

Because he chose to engage in something that might be a little productive. Instead of engaging in a stupid dog-n-pony show with the GOPs snake handlers for the benefit of their slow witted adherants.

Dave

icenine
06-15-2013, 11:51 AM
It sounds crazy I know...but if Christie got on all the ballots in each state without going to a Republican GOP convention he could possibly win the election.....if the Democrats do not have Hillary.

Christie cannot let what happened to Romney happen to him. If I was Christie I would write off the South, lighten up on the anti-union rhetoric, and pick a Latino running mate to the left of Rubio. He could probably get Texas that way and maybe some rust belt states and some of the "new" blue and purple states...maybe.

In other words I do not think a GOP candidate can win in the old fashioned way in 2016 considering what the tea party has done to it.

whell
06-15-2013, 12:41 PM
I doubt it. It's probably Teabaggers in the thrall of Cruz, Paul, etc.

You really think WaPo would go out of their way to find that many Tea Party types to participate in a survey? :confused:

whell
06-15-2013, 12:43 PM

Funniest post I've read in a while. Thanks!

Rajoo
06-15-2013, 12:45 PM
I thought truth would hurt and not make you laugh. :D

finnbow
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
You really think WaPo would go out of their way to find that many Tea Party types to participate in a survey? :confused:

I'm guessing it was a random survey and Teabaggers and their sympathizers easily account for 10% of the American population (unfortunately).

icenine
06-15-2013, 02:45 PM

we will see who laughs last......

imagine if Hillary picked one of the Martinez brothers as her running mate...
she could possibly flip Texas.....a woman running for President who could campaign against Texas denying Obama care to Texans, many of whom are Latino.

That should really make you feel good Whell....

bobabode
06-15-2013, 03:32 PM

Now, now Whellie. Attacking the source of the numbers instead numbers? I'm not surprised in the least. Duly noted.:rolleyes:

icenine
06-15-2013, 06:07 PM

by the way I woke up one morning here in California and the GOP did not count anymore.....

that is not hyperbole

BlueStreak
06-15-2013, 06:19 PM
by the way I woke up one morning here in California and the GOP did not count anymore.....

that is not hyperbole

In Mikes state, where the GOP was born, it appears to have gone the other way.................for now. Virginia is purple and not too happy with our Governor and his Attorney General, at present. It seems some of us have figured out they're full of pseudo-pious sanctimony and not much else. (Surprise, surprise.:rolleyes:)

Dave

icenine
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
In Mikes state, where the GOP was born, it appears to have gone the other way.................for now. Virginia is purple and not too happy with our Governor and his Attorney General, at present. It seems some of us have figured out they're full of pseudo-pious sanctimony and not much else. (Surprise, surprise.:rolleyes:)

Dave

Early 2000s the voters kicked Gray Davis out for raising the car registration fee because of a deficit in the budget.

2012-2013 we elect a Governor who says he will raise taxes and then we pass them in a referendum via ballot initiative ....what starts out West goes East as you well know Dave....

BlueStreak
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Early 2000s the voters kicked Gray Davis out for raising the car registration fee because of a deficit in the budget.

2012-2013 we elect a Governor who says he will raise taxes and then we pass them in a referendum via ballot initiative ....what starts out West goes East as you well know Dave....

Wasn't it Jimmy Carter that said; "Unfortunately, what starts in California has a tendency to spread east." ?

Personally, I don't always see that as an "unfortunate" thing.

Dave