PDA

View Full Version : Jebby Bush the Rino spouts like a beached whale

bobabode
06-16-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gloves-come-off-for-republicans/2013/06/16/8098db2e-d690-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html?hpid=z3

"On Friday, former Florida governor Jeb Bush (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/06/14/jeb-bush-u-s-economy-needs-immigrants-because-theyre-more-fertile/) made the case for immigration reform — not exactly a popular position among many conservatives — by arguing the following: “Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families, and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population. Immigrants create an engine of economic prosperity.”

Really?!? Do tell us more, Jebby.:rolleyes:

Leave it to Moose Palin to spout her own toxic nonsense in reply...:rolleyes:

"The following day, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sarah-palin-lampoons-dc-at-faith-and-freedom-coalition-conference/2013/06/15/0e0bcd7a-d5ee-11e2-8cbe-1bcbee06f8f8_story.html), a tea party favorite who never passes on a chance to jab the establishment, condemned Bush’s pitch. “I think it’s kind of dangerous territory . . . to want to debate this over one race’s fertility rate over another,” Palin said. “And I say this as someone who’s kind of fertile herself.”

Gawd almighty, the next Republican presidential primaries are going to be a barrel o' laughs.:cool:

finnbow
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm dead certain they'll have at least 3-4 full-fledged clowns running to keep us entertained (e.g., Cruz, Paul, Santorum, Perry). As long as the Tea Party is around, idiotic candidates are guaranteed. We can only hope.;)

Rajoo
06-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Think Jeb will throw his hat into the race? Looks like it if he is already making nice with the Latinos.

bobabode
06-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Some conservative Latinas would take umbrage at the unspoken sentiment in Jebby's remarks.

Rajoo
06-16-2013, 07:09 PM
So conservative Latina's not a fertile territory for Bush III? :D

bobabode
06-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Nope and I don't think Jeb is seriously considering a run in '16. He's young enough to wait for '20 or maybe '24 if he goes on a diet.:rolleyes:

icenine
06-16-2013, 07:40 PM
I think he just said something in the wrong way rather than outright insulting if you listen in context. Not smart thing to say by any means of course...but it did not seem to be presented by him in a negative way....

way more interesting to me was Sarah Palin's response to Bush's comment, by basically dogging him out. It seems she is more of a destroyer than a consensus builder....she was treating Bush much in the same way she was treating Romney when he announced his run. Palin appears to want to use her fame to destroy the mainstream GOP with the Tea Party sludge hammer, never mind that she is killing the two party system....or so it seems to me. The GOP certainly does not need enemies with friends like that.

Dondilion
06-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Of course Jeb is referring to Mexican immigrants. That is certainly one fertile group. :D

Dondilion
06-16-2013, 07:51 PM
way more interesting to me was Sarah Palin's response to Bush's comment, by basically dogging him out. It seems she is more of a destroyer than a consensus builder....she was treating Bush much in the same way she was treating Romney when he announced his run. Palin appears to want to use her fame to destroy the mainstream GOP with the Tea Party sludge hammer, never mind that she is killing the two party system....or so it seems to me. The GOP certainly does not need enemies with friends like that.

She is appealing to a broader base than the Tea Party. A section of the population which straddles both parties.

The feeling is that abortion has been a disaster for white people..

bobabode
06-16-2013, 09:03 PM
She is appealing to a broader base than the Tea Party. A section of the population which straddles both parties.

You're wrong, Don. Not many Democrats that I know or have even heard of would aupport that opinion. Whether to conceive or not is more of a socio-economic choice. We Dems have been championing 'zero population growth' for many decades. Most aren't ignorant enough to use abortion as a contraceptive as there are many easier ways to not conceive.

bobabode
06-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Of course Jeb is referring to Mexican immigrants. That is certainly one fertile group. :D

...and other latinas aren't:confused:? Muy peligroso tierra, mi compadre...Could it be because the Roman Catholic church continues to advocate against contraception?

finnbow
06-16-2013, 09:13 PM

I disagree completely. She has absolutely no political appeal to anyone outside of the Tea Party. She is seen as idiot by pretty much everyone else, good only for comic relief (or MILF fantasies).:eek::cool:

Dondilion
06-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I disagree completely. She has absolutely no political appeal to anyone outside of the Tea Party. She is seen as idiot by pretty much everyone else, good only for comic relief (or MILF fantasies).:eek::cool:

Making an appeal to and having a political appeal to are different.

Here Sarah, whatever you might thing of her, is articulating the fear of a large section of the white community: They will lose political dominance if they do not improve drastically their fertility......or rather make a conscious decision to have larger families.

icenine
06-16-2013, 10:00 PM

I kindly disagree....she is sort of anti-intellectual iconoclast trying to be a celebrity to disaffected whites and those farther out on the fringe....I do not think she is at all trying to build a political base....she is like Bachmann only out for herself no one else.

Dondilion
06-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I kindly disagree....she is sort of anti-intellectual iconoclast trying to be a celebrity to disaffected whites and those farther out on the fringe....I do not think she is at all trying to build a political base....she is like Bachmann only out for herself no one else.

On this issue I think she is projecting out of her base.

bobabode
06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Making an appeal to and having a political appeal to are different.

Here Sarah, whatever you might thing of her, is articulating the fear of a large section of the white community: They will lose political dominance if they do not improve drastically their fertility......or rather make a conscious decision to have larger families.

Wow! All I can say is you must be thinking of that section which is dying out as we speak. That's far too black and white of a generalization, bordering on repugnant.

Rajoo
06-16-2013, 10:39 PM
She is in it just for the money. She is articulating what sells (self promotion), while wearing the TP banner and appear relevant to a narrow audience.
She has succeeded by getting her gig back at Faux.

icenine
06-16-2013, 10:48 PM
I am just thinking it is sort of scary that Jeb Bush may be too moderate for the "GOP"

BlueStreak
06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
So, he's arguing that non-immigrants are infertile, dislike their own (splintered) families, and are so lazy that we have to maintain the influx of immigrants to keep the economy moving?

Couple this with Romneys 47% comment, and I begin to wonder why Republicans hate Americans so much. Oh, that's right; It's because we expect to be able to live off of our wages.

Dave