PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I just missed

Charles
11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Sarah Palin's interview on Bull O'Reilly!!!!

And she was going to discuss policy!!!!

Well, shit. Don't know whether to slit my wrists or get another beer.

Guess I'll just get another beer. I'm Dr. Feelgood tonite. Poor little dog wrecked her knee, she's poppin' pills on my dime and I'm gettin' drunk.

It's party time at the ranch!!!!!

Chas

Fast_Eddie
11-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Sarah Palin's interview on Bull O'Reilly!!!!

And she was going to discuss policy!!!!

Good God. Policy? Maybe should could tell us about the Bush Doctrine again. I bet she's in favor of lower taxes, against abortion and pro-Jesus. Can't say for sure though. I missed the interview and I'm sure she's a deep character of subtle nuance.

Boreas
11-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Good God. Policy? Maybe should could tell us about the Bush Doctrine again. I bet she's in favor of lower taxes, against abortion and pro-Jesus. Can't say for sure though. I missed the interview and I'm sure she's a deep character of subtle nuance.

You know, all this travelin' around doin' Oprah, Hannity, O'Reilly and signin' all them books, WHO'S WATCHIN' THEM RUSKIES???

John

Grumpy
11-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Lord I wish that woman would just go tend to her business elsewhere..

Charles
11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Hell, let her make a buck. She's put up with plenty of abuse.

Personally, I think she's an honest and decent person. That, combined with her Pollyanaquse personality will be her downfall.

Chas

d-ray657
11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Hell, let her make a buck. She's put up with plenty of abuse.

Personally, I think she's an honest and decent person. That, combined with her Pollyanaquse personality will be her downfall.

Chas

She's already made a lot more than Levi, and she didn't have to get nekkid.

Regards,

D-Ray

soundhound
11-21-2009, 01:34 AM
i don't understand the attraction. admittedly, she's not a bad looker, but she comes across as dumb as dishwater. is the republican party really so desperate?

hillbilly
11-21-2009, 02:01 AM
i don't understand the attraction. admittedly, she's not a bad looker, but she comes across as dumb as dishwater. is the republican party really so desperate?

I notice Obama does speak well, when he's looking left to right at his teleprompters. :)

noonereal
11-21-2009, 06:54 AM

Now this is the really interesting thing about Sarah. You see honest and decent, I see selfish and greedy. You see Pollyanaquse, I see a dolt.

What is it that she has done or said that makes her look honest to you?

merrylander
11-21-2009, 07:18 AM
She is still trailer trash in my book.

Grumpy
11-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Personally I don't give two shits about all her drama. Shes just your typical American drama queen except she things she has the right stuff. Well she does but what that stuff can be used for sure as hell ain't for running this country.

noonereal
11-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I notice Obama does speak well, when he's looking left to right at his teleprompters. :)

:cool:

yeah, that's it

noonereal
11-21-2009, 07:55 AM
She is still trailer trash in my book.

well, that's a given but I was wondering about trailer trash.

merrylander
11-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Well some fine people have been forced by circumstances beyond their control to end up living in a double-wide set on blocks - she is not one of them - you betcha.

Charles
11-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Now this is the really interesting thing about Sarah. You see honest and decent, I see selfish and greedy. You see Pollyanaquse, I see a dolt.

What is it that she has done or said that makes her look honest to you?

It's just an impression that I draw.

Another impression that I draw is the more airtime she gets, the quicker she will cease to be a factor in national politics.

Now this is just my opinion, so there is no sense to argue with me, not that it will stop anyone.

The more she is attacked, the stronger she becomes in the eyes of her followers, and the more of a sympathetic figure she becomes. Especially the personal attacks.

The more she is allowed to articulate her position, the more her followers will realize that she really isn't up to holding the position of POTUS.

Once again, this is my opinion, and a reasonable one as far as I'm concerned.

Chas

PS: Fire away...I'm just curious as to what the 1st critique will be, I already have an idea.

d-ray657
11-21-2009, 09:08 AM
It's just an impression that I draw.

Another impression that I draw is the more airtime she gets, the quicker she will cease to be a factor in national politics.

Now this is just my opinion, so there is no sense to argue with me, not that it will stop anyone.

The more she is attacked, the stronger she becomes in the eyes of her followers, and the more of a sympathetic figure she becomes. Especially the personal attacks.

The more she is allowed to articulate her position, the more her followers will realize that she really isn't up to holding the position of POTUS.

Once again, this is my opinion, and a reasonable one as far as I'm concerned.

Chas

PS: Fire away...I'm just curious as to what the 1st critique will be, I already have an idea.

READY AIM . . . Yeah, makes sense.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-21-2009, 09:54 AM
READY AIM . . . Yeah, makes sense.

Regards,

D-Ray

Not much of a critique there, D-Man.

Boris, you gonna let this one slip by? It's not like ya.

Chas

Charles
11-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Besides, none of you pricks extended best wishes to my poor, little, injured dog.

You libturds are really a compassionate bunch!!!

Chas

Boreas
11-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Not much of a critique there, D-Man.

Boris, you gonna let this one slip by? It's not like ya.

Chas

Gimme a chance! I'm just wakin' up here on the Left Coast!

Anyway, Chas, I don't like saying this but I ag... ag... ag... agree. ;)

Her 20% will probably stay with her until the bitter end but there's no chance, as I see it, that her support will grow. I mean, what does she stand for, really? What would her platform look like? She's just a Rohrshach for her supporters. They see what they want to see.

Anyone....? Anyone....? Beuller....?

John

Boreas
11-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Besides, none of you pricks extended best wishes to my poor, little, injured dog.

Chas

Man, that one slipped by me! Sorry, Chas. What happened?

John

Charles
11-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Man, that one slipped by me! Sorry, Chas. What happened?

John

Thank you John.

Poor little Rat Face wrecked her knee.

But I took her to the vet, she's all hopped up on dope, and on the mend.

Or at least she's back to grinning a lot!!!!

Chas

Charles
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Gimme a chance! I'm just wakin' up here on the Left Coast!

Anyway, Chas, I don't like saying this but I ag... ag... ag... agree. ;)

Her 20% will probably stay with her until the bitter end but there's no chance, as I see it, that her support will grow. I mean, what does she stand for, really? What would her platform look like? She's just a Rohrshach for her supporters. They see what they want to see.

Anyone....? Anyone....? Beuller....?

John

Perception trumps reality every day.

Chas

merrylander
11-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you John.

Chas

Was she watching Hannity? Take care of the pup, but I know you will.

Fast_Eddie
11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

For the good of this great country that I love, I want that woman nominated as the Republican candidate for President. If you're right, I guess each time she is attacked it makes her stronger with the "base". I'm not sure that there is anything that will make them realize that she isn't really up for the job. What more could she do to make that evident?

Fast_Eddie
11-21-2009, 11:27 AM

Chas, some of us are really offended by derogatory names like "libturd". That hurt me on the inside.

But on a serious note, I do love dogs. Hope you're little critter is okay.

Charles
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Was she watching Hannity? Take care of the pup, but I know you will.

Nah, she's the master of her own universe, and doesn't care in the least whether Hannity likes it or not.

She's a miniature American Eskimo, quite agile, and dearly loves running, jumping,...and barking at the mail lady and the "Opps" man.

I think, that at 8 yrs of age, she just found out the hard way that she is no longer a pup.

I figured that much out at 44.

Chas

Charles
11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Chas, some of us are really offended by derogatory names like "libturd". That hurt me on the inside.

But on a serious note, I do love dogs. Hope you're little critter is okay.

I'm sorry, what we need is a great big group hug!!!

That's why I'm tossing Ellie May's "critter" into the fray...as an attempt to bring us together!!!!

Chas

Boreas
11-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Thank you John.

Chas

ACL? They can really suck!

I've done competetive stuff with dogs for years, racing (amateur) and coursing (a type of "gunless" hunting). I eventually quit because I couldn't stand to see my dogs tearing themselves up any more. They do more for me just sitting under my desk than they do winning races or taking jackrabbits.

Hope she heals up fast!

John

Charles
11-21-2009, 12:50 PM
ACL? They can really suck!

I've done competetive stuff with dogs for years, racing (amateur) and coursing (a type of "gunless" hunting). I eventually quit because I couldn't stand to see my dogs tearing themselves up any more. They do more for me just sitting under my desk than they do winning races or taking jackrabbits.

Hope she heals up fast!

John

Not too sure what it is, knee on a rear leg. Vet said to give her Rimadyl for a couple of weeks and see how she does. He thought is was an injury to the kneecap.

Been about five days and she is doing better. I figure with enough time she will pretty much heal up. My back was junk for five or six years, but I healed up without going to the doctor, other than for a couple of jugs of hydroco.

Just part of getting old.

Take care,

Chas

Boreas
11-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Not too sure what it is, knee on a rear leg. Vet said to give her Rimadyl for a couple of weeks and see how she does. He thought is was an injury to the kneecap.

Been about five days and she is doing better. I figure with enough time she will pretty much heal up. My back was junk for five or six years, but I healed up without going to the doctor, other than for a couple of jugs of hydroco.

Just part of getting old.

Take care,

Chas

Yeah, rear leg. They've got elbows up front. Could be the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). A partial tear (if that's what it is) will probably heal up okay in time but she may have a sorta loose knee joint, subject to reinjury.

Rimadyl (generic: Carprofen) is a good pain-killer but it has side effects, particularly in older dogs: liver or kidney failure. Use it sparingly. Often you can achieve satisfactory pain relief at less than the recommended dose.

I wouldn't really worry about this unless she's going to be on Rimadyl for a long time though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carprofen

John

d-ray657
11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Thank you John.

Chas

Does she share? Hope she gets better. I know how important those four legged friends become to us.

The little lady that sits on my lap while I bore you guys to death is 12 years old, and we thought we were gonna lose her a couple of weeks ago to an infection in her blood stream. She's lost about three pounds, which is quite a bit when you start at twelve. She's a mini dachshund and we always kept her trim to avoid back problems. Seems like she's on the road to recovery, although the only things she seems to want to eat are broth and soy milk.

Come to think of it, though, I don't know how a hard-hearted conservative could ever care about a pet. They all act like welfare queens - expect someone to provide for all of their needs, and run around getting pregnant if you don't watch them.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
11-21-2009, 02:58 PM
All this reminds me that it is near about time to feed the kitties.

noonereal
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Well all I can say is that if we don't know why we feel the way we do it is generally an emotional based response rather than an intellectual one. So my guess is that you think Sarah is honest because the woman/women she subconsciously reminders you of you though of as such.

I also think this is the key to her success because you can pretty much bet that if what she said and did was part of a double blind test, folks would not pick her as such.

Is this what you were expecting from me?
If not, what did you think my response would be?

noonereal
11-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Perception trumps reality every day.

Chas

I agree.

Charles
11-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Well all I can say is that if we don't know why we feel the way we do it is generally an emotional based response rather than an intellectual one. So my guess is that you think Sarah is honest because the woman/women she subconsciously reminders you of you though of as such.

I also think this is the key to her success because you can pretty much bet that if what she said and did was part of a double blind test, folks would not pick her as such.

Is this what you were expecting from me?
If not, what did you think my response would be?

Well, if I'm cutting a roof, I can whip out my 30 yr old pocket calculator and give you the layout, commons, jacks, hips and valleys, the ridge, headroom for the 2nd floor, placement of supporting walls, where the stairwell needs to be placed so you don't bash your head, and a list of materials. With minimal waste.

Just a simple case of mathematics. If you can count, you can do it. It's quite simple at first glance.

Politicians are different. You look at them, listen to them, take into account their views, find out as much as you can, try to separate the wheat from the chaff, and then you make an judgment which is based on the "gut" feeling as much as anything.

There is no equation by which you can judge the worth of an individual and come up with consistent results.

Not logical or emotional, but a combination of the two. Let me know if you have a better way....I'll give you a lesson on rafters and stairs.

As to your response. Hate to tell the punchline, but....

No one took me to task about her "articulating" her position!!!!!!

Chas

Charles
11-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Does she share? Hope she gets better. I know how important those four legged friends become to us.

The little lady that sits on my lap while I bore you guys to death is 12 years old, and we thought we were gonna lose her a couple of weeks ago to an infection in her blood stream. She's lost about three pounds, which is quite a bit when you start at twelve. She's a mini dachshund and we always kept her trim to avoid back problems. Seems like she's on the road to recovery, although the only things she seems to want to eat are broth and soy milk.

Come to think of it, though, I don't know how a hard-hearted conservative could ever care about a pet. They all act like welfare queens - expect someone to provide for all of their needs, and run around getting pregnant if you don't watch them.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Maybe it's because they don't vote in a bunch of politicians who MANDATE that you do it.

Good luck with your little mutt, D-Man. It's tough to lose your critter, at least for me.

Chas

noonereal
11-21-2009, 04:56 PM
No one took me to task about her "articulating" her position!!!!!!

Chas

I think that is because that is after the fact.

noonereal
11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
There is no equation by which you can judge the worth of an individual and come up with consistent results.

I think you are correct. However I think it is just as simple to figure why you like or dislike someone.
For example, I like you because you always look to get along first, are a hard working small business owner who reads allot. Traits I view as positive. Hence I am open to changing my views (know as learning) when you post.

I have spoken to why I dislike Sarah. Point is I know why I have the feeling I have for her and have expressed them when asked.

I reiterate that I think the key to Sarah's success is folks who emotionally identify her with a similar female in their life that has been positive. I think these folks need to look a little deeper. She is not mom.

d-ray657
11-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I reiterate that I think the key to Sarah's success is folks who emotionally identify her with a similar female in their life that has been positive. I think these folks need to look a little deeper. She is not mom.

Yeah, but is she milf.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
11-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Yeah, but is she milf.

Regards,

D-Ray

I can see that, but personally I never found that an endearing quality.

At least not after the fact.

merrylander
11-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Good luck with the pooch, D

d-ray657
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Good luck with the pooch, D

Thanks Rob. The little lady is back to eating solid food, barking at strangers and whining when I don't pick her up.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
11-22-2009, 11:47 AM
We got a scare this AM when at first only three of the five kitties showed. Eventually the two who were AWOL showed up. Darn cold morning so I had figured they would be in their heated campers.

BlueStreak
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, but is she milf.

Regards,

D-Ray

Oh she does have MILF appeal. There is no doubt about that.
Hell, I might vote for her if I thought it would get me laid.:D

Dave

Boreas
11-22-2009, 05:15 PM

Dave

Would she have to talk?

John

noonereal
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Dave

Not me man. She is just to repulsive a person to be able to get past.