PDA

View Full Version : Billboards

Boreas
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I almost put this in Conspiracy Theories, but....

John

d-ray657
11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Not saying that everyone who dislikes the President is a racist, but the second billboard - that's racist. Unfortunately, there are still too many bigots around.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
11-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Not saying that everyone who dislikes the President is a racist, but the second billboard - that's racist. Unfortunately, there are still too many bigots around.

Regards,

D-Ray

The other is insurrectionist and seditious.

Where am I going and what am I doing in this basket?

John

Fast_Eddie
11-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I wish I had enough spare time to dream up some of the crap people come up with. Good lord. They forget that we elected these people. Crap, most of them voted for the only person who didn't actually get elected.

noonereal
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Palin dolts.

hillbilly
11-21-2009, 10:00 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

I wouldn't call that truly racist. Believe me, true racism goes far beyond the mild humor used in that sign.

Though this is not rasist, what some liberals that hated JWB done was far worse than that. Back when gas was 4 bucks a gallon there were liberals ranting with the right wings on craigslist in the rant and rave section. The liberals started using their talent to make picts of JWB sucking a huge Arab dick. In those picts that they made up and posted .. they said shit like '' will suck for oil ''.

I sorta remember a good responce to one of those picts. Can't quote exactly, but it was something like this. '' I'm not really surprised you'd post something of that nature .. however, I've not met any non liberals that turned out to be queer ''.

Read rants and raves once in a while, you'll sooner or later find some pretty heated rants. I remember not very long ago ( about election time ) they were talking about starting a race war in CA, in rants and raves.Shoulda seen the blacks posting themselves holding guns and sayin' things that granny would wash your mouth out with soap for sayin', and whites ranting back at them doing the same.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with deversity, it seems like it would really suck to be in the middle of a deverse area if a riot broke out.

Boreas
11-21-2009, 10:13 PM
The liberals started using their talent to make picts of JWB sucking a huge Arab dick. In those picts that they made up and posted .. they said shit like '' will suck for oil ''.

Well you know, they do have huge dicks. ;)

John

d-ray657
11-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't call that truly racist. Believe me, true racism goes far beyond the mild humor used in that sign.

Though this is not rasist, what some liberals that hated JWB done was far worse than that. Back when gas was 4 bucks a gallon there were liberals ranting with the right wings on craigslist in the rant and rave section. The liberals started using their talent to make picts of JWB sucking a huge Arab dick. In those picts that they made up and posted .. they said shit like '' will suck for oil ''.

I sorta remember a good responce to one of those picts. Can't quote exactly, but it was something like this. '' I'm not really surprised you'd post something of that nature .. however, I've not met any non liberals that turned out to be queer ''.

Read rants and raves once in a while, you'll sooner or later find some pretty heated rants. I remember not very long ago ( about election time ) they were talking about starting a race war in CA, in rants and raves.Shoulda seen the blacks posting themselves holding guns and sayin' things that granny would wash you mouth out with soap for sayin', and whites ranting back at them doing the same.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with deversity, it seems like it would really suck to be in the middle of a deverse area if a riot broke out.

Doesn't sound like anything I would find worth my time. I enjoy the generally civilized attitude we have going on here. People of any race are capable of reaching very very low in their dealings with other people. I'm pretty sure such people are also hateful to people of their own race, and even their own family. Bigotry is not a one-way street - hell it's not even a traffic circle. (Yeah a real stretch with the metaphor) Everyone is capable of acting on prejudice of some sort, even when they don't recognize it.

My office is in a midtown neighborhood in KC, with a lot of old housing nearby. I confess to being nervous when I work until midnight and have to go out to my car. I have also found some of the people in the neighborhood to be very good neighbors when dealing with a dead battery. We all have some room for improvement.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
11-22-2009, 03:02 AM
The first billboard openly advocates the violent overthrow of the US Government. Which as I understand it, could be perceived as a clear act of treason. Is that right? I believe so. So, to my mind, if the people who put it there really believe the government is plotting against them; Wouldn't they be in prison by now? I mean, how many foreign governments do you know of would even tolerate such a thing? The appearance of it would immediately lead to arrests, imprisonment and even executions. I think the mere fact that such a sign exists and no one has been arrested is testament to how tolerant of dissent this country truly is. But, I am certain the folks who own that billboard would disagree.

The product of sheltered childhoods, I would say.:D

The second one............Geez, you know........Look, again, as I understand it, the State of Hawaii did not produce the actual birth certificate, but did bring forth some document showing one had been issued at the time of his birth. Is that correct? To me that's good enough. And something tells me that if they did release the authentic certificate these people would just claim it's a forgery, because that's how they are---obsessed and deranged.
Just like the 9/11 Conspiracy crowd. So, I pay no attention to them.

Anyhow, I need to get to bed.

Dave

noonereal
11-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Though this is not rasist, what some liberals that hated JWB done was far worse than that.

If your kid submitted an argument like this would you accept it?
Of course not. So why use it here?

merrylander
11-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the Internet and anonymous blogs. Strikes me they are similar to watching people get drunk, tends to bring out their true character. They certainly do not speak well for the future.

Fast_Eddie
11-22-2009, 10:08 AM
The first billboard openly advocates the violent overthrow of the US Government. Which as I understand it, could be perceived as a clear act of treason.

Could be. Also an opinion held by some "patriots" here on this very board. The real Americans want to overthrow Amer... well. I didn't say they were logical.

hillbilly
11-22-2009, 04:12 PM
If your kid submitted an argument like this would you accept it?
Of course not. So why use it here?

Sorry, I spell the best I can.

I meant G in place of J. George doesn't start with a J, sorry.

Boreas
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM

That's okay. We knew who you meant.

John

noonereal
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM

I was not referring to a typo. I was referring to the argument that "because Billy does it Dad I should be able to do it."

hillbilly
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I was not referring to a typo. I was referring to the argument that "because Billy does it Dad I should be able to do it."

So another words you wouldn't allow your kids to laugh their asses off at this? We all thought it was a good laugh in my neck of the woods. Heck, on the bleachers at ballgames it was the joke of the day for parents and kids alike. Thats the thing about living in a free country, you can enjoy your freedoms when you don't live in a liberal area.But according to my dad ( was police chief for many many years ), this guy broke not a single law anyways. Free market, free speach. Oh, and before the locals could place orders, the guy sold out. One guy up in NJ wanted 100 of 'em in one order. One of my sons teachers damn near died laughing when I gave him the link to the guy selling shirts. He's a good ole feller,drafted and faught in Nam just to get spit on when he came back to the good ole u s of a. He said thats one reason he moved to TN afterwards, folks thanked him for service. I figure he earned his right to enjoy the link.

Again. This is not what I classify as racism. A little humor is far from racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU2sQ5ukOko

Boreas
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
So another words you wouldn't allow your kids to laugh their asses off at this? We all thought it was a good laugh in my neck of the woods. Heck, on the bleachers at ballgames it was the joke of the day for parents and kids alike. Thats the thing about living in a free country, you can enjoy your freedoms when you don't live in a liberal area.But according to my dad ( was police chief for many many years ), this guy broke not a single law anyways. Free market, free speach. Oh, and before the locals could place orders, the guy sold out. One guy up in NJ wanted 100 of 'em in one order. One of my sons teachers damn near died laughing when I gave him the link to the guy selling shirts. He's a good ole feller,drafted and faught in Nam just to get spit on when he came back to the good ole u s of a. He said thats one reason he moved to TN afterwards, folks thanked him for service. I figure he earned his right to enjoy the link.

I guess we've switched now from talking about the billboards to talking about this T-shirt. Fine. Here goes.

I'll start by saying that I find the shirt to be offensively racist, far from the worst I've seen but nevertheless racist. I have to say too that I believe anyone who finds it amusing does so because it's racist. Really, that's the only level on which the shirt "works".

That being said, unlike the billboard calling for revolution, there's nothing illegal about it so I don't know quite what you mean about enjoying your freedoms. Do you mean that in a liberal area you wouldn't be allowed to wear or sell the shirt or do you just mean it wouldn't be any fun because the liberals wouldn't laugh along with you? If the former, you're wrong but, if the latter, I hope you're right.

Now, if I saw my kids laughing at that shirt I would right then and there have a serious talk about why I thought laughing was a wholly inappropriate response. I'd tell them that acceptance and apparent appreciation of racism is a moral wrong and that it harms not only the target of racism but it also harms them and it harms society as a whole. I would ask them next time to think about what something like that means in its broadest context before joining in the hilarity.

I'd also have much the same thing to say to the adults in the bleachers, though I wouldn't put too much effort into it because they'd probably be too far gone to rethink their bigoted beliefs. I'd tell that school teacher pretty much the same thing and I'd add that if I ever caught him trying to teach my kids to be good little racists he'd have me to deal with.

I grew up in Maryland. I reckon you won't consider it so but Maryland is definitely the South. In an irony of history both Harriet Tubman and John Wilkes Booth were born in Maryland. In the Civil War Maryland had to be occupied to keep it from seceding and thus surrounding Washington, DC with confederate states. The cannon in Baltimore's harbor defenses were trained on the city. Many of Maryland's sons crossed the Potomac to fight for the Confederacy.

I was nineteen years old when the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed so in the years before passage I saw my fair share of racial prejudice and Jim Crowism, all the things we're familiar with like segregated schools and whites only public accommodation. We had a good bit of Klan activity though, thankfully, no lynchings that I recall - at least in my time.

Unfortunately, my parents never taught me how good and just such things were so I never got the joke when I saw something like that T-shirt. Instead I believed those things played to the very worst aspects of our nature: our hatred and fear of the "other" and our unwillingness to accept and embrace those not like us.

I just watched Mississippi Burning last night so my tolerance for a certain flavor of my Southern brethren is probably a little low just now. Apologies if I've offended.

John

noonereal
11-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Again. This is not what I classify as racism. A little humor is far from racism.

I don't know how to nicely say this but your inability to distinguish between humor and racism is a real problem and it will handicap the your kids laughing along with you. I know you don't understand nor believe this but sadly it is true.

Education is the key here as with so much of life.

BTW you missed the point of my previous post again. (message boards do that) Rationalizing attacking Obie because folks attacked Bush is juvenile logic that is the same as your kid saying he wants to go out drinking and driving because the neighbors kid is allowed to.
I said you would not allow your kid to use that kind of argument so why do you allow yourself?

noonereal
11-23-2009, 05:42 AM
So another words you wouldn't allow your kids to laugh their asses off at this?

My kids would (at best) lose all respect for those that did. I know plenty of other kids that would act much more strongly.

We all thought it was a good laugh in my neck of the woods. Heck, on the bleachers at ballgames it was the joke of the day for parents and kids alike.

That is very sad.

Thats the thing about living in a free country, you can enjoy your freedoms when you don't live in a liberal area.

You may want to read the definition of liberal vs conservative. You are very confused.

Free market, free speech. Oh, and before the locals could place orders, the guy sold out.

You must be very proud. :(

One guy up in NJ wanted 100 of 'em in one order. One of my sons teachers damn near died laughing when I gave him the link to the guy selling shirts.

and you are proud of this teacher. You make me realize how far this country still needs to go.

He's a good ole feller,drafted and faught in Nam just to get spit on when he came back to the good ole u s of a. He said thats one reason he moved to TN afterwards, folks thanked him for service. I figure he earned his right to enjoy the link.

No one earns a right to enjoy racism. One earns the right to be exposed as ignorant by embracing racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU2sQ5ukOko

Regardless of your personal classification, it is racist.

merrylander
11-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Didn't see the shirt and now I don't wish to. An advantage of growing up in Canada, we did have differences between the French and English, but since in my family we inter-married, that was a non-starter.

Fast_Eddie
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
The liberals started using their talent to make picts of GWB sucking a huge Arab dick. In those picts that they made up and posted .. they said shit like '' will suck for oil ''.

Can't say I ever saw that one. Here's the problem with all this. I am one of "the liberals" and not only did I not "use my talent" to make pictures like you refer to, I never even saw them. Nor would I defend people who did so.

Same thing with these- I'm pretty sure *you* didn't make these billboards. You don't need to defend them. But if you chose to do so, please find a more sustantial arguement than "they started it".

BlueStreak
11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
OMG, Eddie, that was post 666! You bear the mark of the Beast!! Quick! Someone call Sarah Palin!

Dave

Fast_Eddie
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
OMG, Eddie, that was post 666! You bear the mark of the Beast!! Quick! Someone call Sarah Palin!

Dave

Eeek!!

hillbilly
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM

Dave

LOL, naw, no need to do that.

She is coming to town though. She's headed to Nashville for the 'First National' tea party. Wonder why they chose Music City?

http://www.wsmv.com/politics/21652441/detail.html

Fast_Eddie
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I wonder what people in other countries would think of us. Sitting in our houses, watching our flat screen TVs. "Oh, look honey, Sarah Palin is coming to town for a Tea Party!". Well, only one thing for it, pull the Harleys out of the garage. We'll cruise over to Denny's and have a 1500 calorie meal, bloat our bellies a little more then take the hogs over to the Tea Party to complain about paying taxes.

Geez.

BlueStreak
11-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I wonder what people in other countries would think of us. Sitting in our houses, watching our flat screen TVs. "Oh, look honey, Sarah Palin is coming to town for a Tea Party!". Well, only one thing for it, pull the Harleys out of the garage. We'll cruise over to Denny's and have a 1500 calorie meal, bloat our bellies a little more then take the hogs over to the Tea Party to complain about paying taxes.

Geez.

Yep, and the same dolts are probably paying less taxes than they were a year ago.

They'll dress up in their "Obama Monkey" t-shirts, (But it's not about race.), scream "Obama is Hitler!", (Although if he were a Hitleresque Dictator they would have been shot for simply showing up at the rally.), and scream even more about how their taxes are killing them, and the Heathcare Bill is going to shorten thier life spans. (Even though their fat guts hang over their bellies as grease from the deep-fried twinkies they just ate dribbles down thier chins.):rolleyes:

Welcome to America 2009.:o

Dave

d-ray657
11-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Yep, and the same dolts are probably paying less taxes than they were a year ago.

They'll dress up in their "Obama Monkey" t-shirts, (But it's not about race.), scream "Obama is Hitler!", (Although if he were a Hitleresque Dictator they would have been shot for simply showing up at the rally.), and scream even more about how their taxes are killing them, and the Heathcare Bill is going to shorten thier life spans. (Even though their fat guts hang over their bellies as grease from the deep-fried twinkies they just ate dribbles down thier chins.):rolleyes:

Dave

It's a little off kilter to see the offensive monkey t-shirt mentioned in the same paragraph that fills out an extreme stereotype of the right wing. You don't want to be pulled down to that level do you guys. They do enough self-parody without any help.

Regards,

D-Ray

hillbilly
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM

They'll dress up in their "Obama Monkey" t-shirts, (But it's not about race.), scream "Obama is Hitler!", (Although if he were a Hitleresque Dictator they would have been shot for simply showing up at the rally.), and scream even more about how their taxes are killing them, and the Heathcare Bill is going to shorten thier life spans. (................-Even though their fat guts hang over their bellies as grease from the deep-fried twinkies they just ate dribbles down thier chins.)............-:rolleyes:

Dave

LOL, damn that last part was funny :D

You know, I do eat like a pig honestly. But, that 1500 calore diet would kill me if that all I was allowed to consume. I was the smallest adult at the fest, sorta feel like a kid among men small as I am. Hell, the only way I can get any joy of seeing the weight scale raise a pound or two is if I force myself to hold a shit awhile. I'd be glad to take a few unwanted pounds from those who aren't happy with them. That way you see, ... I could mow without by-passing that safety switch under my riding mower seat. :o

BlueStreak
11-24-2009, 02:42 AM
It's a little off kilter to see the offensive monkey t-shirt mentioned in the same paragraph that fills out an extreme stereotype of the right wing. You don't want to be pulled down to that level do you guys. They do enough self-parody without any help.

Regards,

D-Ray

Nothin' serious about it. Just havin' a little fun.:D

Dave