PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany!

HarmanKardon
07-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Hello out there!

So why I am here? It is that easy - my almost only source concerning political US informations is CNN. But I am longing for a wide spread supply of attitudes and opinions.

I do not intend to become a "busy poster" here, I am posting a lot at AudioKarma, but this place here is quite different. A very very interesting place, but tricky for people who are on one hand restricted by the language barrier, and on the other hand greenhorns in the American political world.

Anyway Admin and members thank you in advance for your kind hospitality.

Chris

bobabode
07-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi, Chris and welcome.

Regards, Bob

BlueStreak
07-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Chris;

Your American seems fine. Far better than my Deutsche, I am sure.

Dave

finnbow
07-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Schoen Gruss, mein Herr.

Rajoo
07-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Chris, welcome and I am a fan of your screen name.

Charles
07-13-2013, 11:58 AM
I look forward to hearing your unique perspective.

Chas

HarmanKardon
07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Familiar names from AK which will make the start easier, and also new aquaintances, that's a cool mix.

Charles Sir I will try my best... ;)

BlueStreak
07-13-2013, 01:16 PM
My screen name is different here. It's Dread31 over at AK.

Dave

JJIII
07-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Welcome!

Dondilion
07-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Hello out there!

So why I am here? It is that easy - my almost only source concerning political US informations is CNN. But I am longing for a wide spread supply of attitudes and opinions.

I do not intend to become a "busy poster" here, I am posting a lot at AudioKarma, but this place here is quite different. A very very interesting place, but tricky for people who are on one hand restricted by the language barrier, and on the other hand greenhorns in the American political world.

Chris

Hello Chris.

Sometimes it can get hot here. It is best to ignore the heat and just state your opinion.

I advise, however, against impulsive posting. :D

I like to take from CNN, BBC, RT(Russian Television) and Al Jazeera.

Al Jazeera surprises with some in-depth and astute articles.

Hope you enjoy your participation here.

HarmanKardon
07-13-2013, 01:28 PM
It is funny Dondilion you mentioned exactly those channels in English I also join from time to time, anyway CNN is the only US channel I have access to. BTW CNN - Me thinks Christiane Amanpour is a hot lady... :D

BlueStreak
07-13-2013, 02:25 PM
She is hot in an adventurous intellectual sort of way. Unlike the plastic bimbos at Fox. I kinda liked Rachel Maddow a little too....but then found out she's a lesbian. Oh well. I can't fault anyone who loves punani.

Dave

d-ray657
07-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey Harmon Kardon, welcome. As hot as it gets over here at times, I still like to think that we reflect the AK roots most of the time. It's always nice to get some perspective from across the pond - maybe get us out of a parochial rut.

By the way, I like the handle. Although politics is not allowed over at AK, we have been known to discuss audio over here.

But I still say that expensive cables are snake oil. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

Dondilion
07-13-2013, 02:42 PM
punani.

Dave

And I thought that was pure Jamaican. :D

BlueStreak
07-13-2013, 02:45 PM
And I thought that was pure Jamaican. :D

It's the Hawaiian word for "Heavenly Flower".;)

Dave

Oerets
07-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Howdy HK!

Barney

noonereal
07-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Hello out there!

Chris

Hi Chris

Rest assured that not all Americans are like Bush.

and

Welcome!

JJIII
07-13-2013, 08:09 PM
It's the Hawaiian word for "Heavenly Flower".;)

Dave

" The Rose"!

HarmanKardon
07-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks for all your Hello's!

I think there are not many foreigners in this forum? How many Germans? One? :D

Everytime when I will post here (apparently not very often, but who knows...) there will be people who like what I say and also people who don't. And those who don't will occasionally express their aversion in a harsh manner. So everytime before I post here I will put on my mental bullet proof jacket. ;)

BlueStreak
07-14-2013, 01:36 AM
One German (That's you.), an Englishman living in Scotland, a former Canadian living in Maryland and one Canadian who moved here from Canada years ago and went back.

My family has been here for almost 320 years and Zekes family possibly walked across the Bering Straight when it was still connected to Russia.

Dave

d-ray657
07-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Thanks for all your Hello's!

I think there are not many foreigners in this forum? How many Germans? One? :D

Everytime when I will post here (apparently not very often, but who knows...) there will be people who like what I say and also people who don't. And those who don't will occasionally express their aversion in a harsh manner. So everytime before I post here I will put on my mental bullet proof jacket. ;)

It's OK. The only time I'll disagree with you is when you're wrong. :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

HarmanKardon
07-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Good Heavens! This forum really seems to be a hot spot - so many deleted threads! There are rules like in any community. And respecting rules keep a show rolling! It is that easy.

merrylander
07-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the funny farm Chris, anyone who sees the true beauty in Christine has his head screwed on right IMO. Never use the H 'cause I have never had a humble opinion in my life.

BTW it is not former as the only way to surrender Canadian citizenship is to go to Ottawa and tell them in person and my travelling days are over.

HarmanKardon
07-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Ahh Sir... I am relieved that this here is the funny farm and not the "Animal Farm"...

Nice to meet another member of the AK family!

bobabode
07-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Good Heavens! This forum really seems to be a hot spot - so many deleted threads! There are rules like in any community. And respecting rules keep a show rolling! It is that easy.

Hallo again my friend from YGTLW. Those deleted threads were spammers trying to sell a wholly unneeded product (well, at least to us Democrats:D)
Merrylander calls 'em penis starch pills...

Here's a quirk, when you see a word like this s o c i a l i s t end up looking like this so************************t, it is because the word c i a l i s is contained within. Automatic spam defense. V i a g r a ************************ gets the same treatment.

d-ray657
07-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Yep, quite near the only way to get banned here is to post spam.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
07-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Howdy HK! Nice to meet you :)

We're equal opportunity insulters here :cool:

Pete

HarmanKardon
07-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Howdy HK! Nice to meet you :)

We're equal opportunity insulters here :cool:

Pete

Living in the "Land of the burning river" you certainly like this hot spot forum. ;-)

Hi Pete!!!

HarmanKardon
09-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Hey hey hey!!!!! Let's have a party!!!!!! Senior Member!!!! :D

Did I drivel already so much? :rolleyes:

Oh my, oh my, sorry folks...

;)

piece-itpete
09-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Awesome!

Pete