PDA

View Full Version : Border Security - Drunken Canadian Invades Detroit

whell
07-24-2013, 10:35 AM
A bit of tongue in check stuff on a Weds morning.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130723/METRO01/307230116/Drunken-swimmer-arrested-after-crossing-Detroit-River?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

This one is amazing to me. The current in the Detroit River is VERY strong, and it would be easy for a strong swimmer to have difficulty crossing the river without being swept downstream. This guy looks like he was probably in better shape about 20 years ago, not to mention being drunk to boot.

...and right under the nose of our crack border security teams! :eek:

Zeke
07-24-2013, 10:44 AM

I doubt that anyone recently considered someone trying to sneak into Detroit...

piece-itpete
07-24-2013, 10:48 AM
BAM!! Lol.

Pete

Rajoo
07-24-2013, 10:59 AM
He was probably making a beer run and didn't find any. :)

BlueStreak
07-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Dang Canadian wetbacks, they show up drunk and expect us to give them a boat ride home. Where do the handouts end?

Both Coast Guards should send this clown a bill.

Dave

Charles
07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
I doubt that anyone recently considered someone trying to sneak into Detroit...

Well, he WAS drunk.

Chas

bobabode
07-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Well, he WAS drunk.

Chas

...and a Canadian.:D I hope it wasn't BigErik.

d-ray657
07-24-2013, 02:38 PM
A bit of tongue in check stuff on a Weds morning.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130723/METRO01/307230116/Drunken-swimmer-arrested-after-crossing-Detroit-River?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

This one is amazing to me. The current in the Detroit River is VERY strong, and it would be easy for a strong swimmer to have difficulty crossing the river without being swept downstream. This guy looks like he was probably in better shape about 20 years ago, not to mention being drunk to boot.

Dang, keep writing sentences like that, and they'll try to make you a lawyer. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
07-24-2013, 02:59 PM
...and a Canadian.:D I hope it wasn't BigErik.

You've outdone yourself.

Not nearly as funny as when a supervisor I didn't like fell out of the rafters and landed on a sawhorse, but I did get a chuckle.

Fortunately, he didn't hurt my sawhorse.

Chas

bobabode
07-24-2013, 03:01 PM
You've outdone yourself.

Not nearly as funny as when a supervisor I didn't like fell out of the rafters and landed on a sawhorse, but I did get a chuckle.

Fortunately, he didn't hurt my sawhorse.

Chas

Ouch!:o

Charles
07-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Ouch!:o

It was a little more than "ouch".

He screamed in agony for about five minutes. I think he might have broken some ribs. I know for a fact he broke a finger over backwards.

What made it really funny was he had just pointed out a couple of ceiling joists we'd bobbed to make room for a valley rafter, then he immediately walked right out and stood on the ends we'd cut off.

He was attempting to impress us with knowledge, and he did so in spades.

Chas

whell
07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Dang, keep writing sentences like that, and they'll try to make you a lawyer. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

I aspire. ;)

finnbow
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
If this guy had succeeded in getting to Detroit, he would have increased the collective IQ's of both Windsor and Detroit.

BlueStreak
07-24-2013, 05:44 PM
It was a little more than "ouch".

He screamed in agony for about five minutes. I think he might have broken some ribs. I know for a fact he broke a finger over backwards.

What made it really funny was he had just pointed out a couple of ceiling joists we'd bobbed to make room for a valley rafter, then he immediately walked right out and stood on the ends we'd cut off.

He was attempting to impress us with knowledge, and he did so in spades.

Chas

Don't you just love it when the "Alpha Dog" makes an ass of himself?

Dave

Charles
07-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Don't you just love it when the "Alpha Dog" makes an ass of himself?

Dave

If he hadn't been such an arrogant bastard, I'd of grabbed him by the collar of his shirt before he hurt himself.

But this guy??? I can't believe someone is so stupid to point out a structural defect, and even after I had explained that I already knew and why it was so, to so blithely walk out on the weakest point, completely blind as to WHY it was a structural defect in the first place...

Then the dirty prick didn't bring us our draw (we were subcontractors) in a show of who was "the big boss man". And he knew we were flat broke.

You should have seen the look on his face whenever we showed up at his house, holding on of his children in front of him like a shield. He didn't think we could find out where he lived.

Damn well got the check then, along with an apology for being "absent minded".

But I learned about "bill collecting" from the boss whenever I was 20 yrs old. Out in Denver, from a bunch of Vietnam vets.

Nothing to it. Show up in force when they don't expect you, and be a thug. A polite thug, (actually Vietnam vets weren't that polite, they'd tell you that they'd kill you...and meant it), but a thug never less.

That said, I haven't gone "bill collecting" for thirty years. Just don't have it in me any more...or maybe I'm smart enough to not let anyone get into me to the point where it becomes necessary.

But you can't do that anymore, it's against the law. However, back in the day when you could, it was kinda fun to watch some deadbeat sumbitch practically beg to pay you.

Especially when they're fucking with your paycheck. I have more respect for an axe murderer than I do for someone who will beat a working man out of his wages.

Chas

Charles
07-24-2013, 07:30 PM
If this guy had succeeded in getting to Detroit, he would have increased the collective IQ's of both Windsor and Detroit.

We say the same thing about Southern Missouri and Arkansas.

Chas

BlueStreak
07-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Especially when they're fucking with your paycheck. I have more respect for an axe murderer than I do for someone who will beat a working man out of his wages.

Chas

Yeah. Me too. And, I miss those days. You can tell those days are gone, because the world has filled up with asshole bosses who act with impunity. It's because they know no one will rip their balls off.

I firmly believe that needs to change.

Dave

bobabode
07-24-2013, 08:41 PM
If he hadn't been such an arrogant bastard, I'd of grabbed him by the collar of his shirt before he hurt himself.

But this guy??? I can't believe someone is so stupid to point out a structural defect, and even after I had explained that I already knew and why it was so, to so blithely walk out on the weakest point, completely blind as to WHY it was a structural defect in the first place...

Then the dirty prick didn't bring us our draw (we were subcontractors) in a show of who was "the big boss man". And he knew we were flat broke.

You should have seen the look on his face whenever we showed up at his house, holding on of his children in front of him like a shield. He didn't think we could find out where he lived.

Damn well got the check then, along with an apology for being "absent minded".

But I learned about "bill collecting" from the boss whenever I was 20 yrs old. Out in Denver, from a bunch of Vietnam vets.

Nothing to it. Show up in force when they don't expect you, and be a thug. A polite thug, (actually Vietnam vets weren't that polite, they'd tell you that they'd kill you...and meant it), but a thug never less.

That said, I haven't gone "bill collecting" for thirty years. Just don't have it in me any more...or maybe I'm smart enough to not let anyone get into me to the point where it becomes necessary.

But you can't do that anymore, it's against the law. However, back in the day when you could, it was kinda fun to watch some deadbeat sumbitch practically beg to pay you.

Chas

Been there. Nothin' crazier than having a bunch of filthy, sunburnt and pissed off shinglers knocking at the bosses door on Friday after work, red handled Plumb axes in hand. :rolleyes:

I know you've sworn off rock and roll but here's a tune that I like in regards to Vietnam Veterans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfTI-chysUM