PDA

View Full Version : The President's Middle Class Speech

bobabode
07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Glad he's getting back on target after a summer of fake scandals and thirty nine congressional votes to repeal the PPACA.
It was nice to hear a call for the Republican controlled House to sh!t or get off the pot on these issues. We need more jobs in this country and less wingnut rhetoric.

whell
07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Glad he's getting back on target after a summer of fake scandals and thirty nine congressional votes to repeal the PPACA.
It was nice to hear a call for the Republican controlled House to sh!t or get off the pot on these issues. We need more jobs in this country and less wingnut rhetoric.

Let's see. 5 years in office, the Bamster has gotten every signature piece of legislation that he's asked for, and he's still blaming everyone else for the current jobless faux recovery. What a whiner.

BlueStreak
07-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Let's see. 5 years in office, the Bamster has gotten every signature piece of legislation that he's asked for, and he's still blaming everyone else for the current jobless faux recovery. What a whiner.

What if everyone else actually is to blame? And, I'm not so sure it's a "faux" recovery either. Remember, you are in Detroit, the city that has hasn't done anything but cannibalize itself since the 1940s. The rest of the country isn't quite as effed up.:p

Dave

whell
07-24-2013, 07:38 PM
What if everyone else actually is to blame? And, I'm not so sure it's a "faux" recovery either. Remember, you are in Detroit, the city that has hasn't done anything but cannibalize itself since the 1940s. The rest of the country isn't quite as effed up.:p

Dave

If everyone else is truly to blame, then Obama needs to fire his entire cabinet, his chief of staff, his myriad czars and advisors, and start with a clean slate. It would also go without saying that he last five years his been a collossal waste of time and energy, and extended the suffering a millions of Americans needlessly. But I suspect one could make that case regardless. :p

As far as this being a faux recovery, what was that unemployment rate again? :rolleyes:

BlueStreak
07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
If everyone else is truly to blame, then Obama needs to fire his entire cabinet, his chief of staff, his myriad czars and advisors, and start with a clean slate. It would also go without saying that he last five years his been a collossal waste of time and energy, and extended the suffering a millions of Americans needlessly. But I suspect one could make that case regardless. :p

As far as this being a faux recovery, what was that unemployment rate again? :rolleyes:

There would also have to be a wholesale elimination of the entire Republican Party, including all of it's supporters and sycophants.:p

To answer your question;

Better than it was in December of 2008.;)

Dave

bobabode
07-24-2013, 08:53 PM
I see my friend Whell is back to his old self.:rolleyes: Doesn't that echo chamber ever get old, Mike?:p It's only five years if you stick your forefingers in your ears and scream real loud.

Zeke
07-24-2013, 10:39 PM
If everyone else is truly to blame, then Obama needs to fire his entire cabinet, his chief of staff, his myriad czars and advisors, and start with a clean slate.

We did that in 2008 but the ditch we'd been driven into was impossibly deep to fix in a single term...

We've been recovering since.

whell
07-25-2013, 07:12 AM
I see my friend Whell is back to his old self.:rolleyes: Doesn't that echo chamber ever get old, Mike?:p It's only five years if you stick your forefingers in your ears and scream real loud.

I dunno. The echo chamber of "blame the Repubs", or "its all Bush's fault" never seems to get old with you guys. I guess you guys really do support recycling. :p

whell
07-25-2013, 07:13 AM
We did that in 2008 but the ditch we'd been driven into was impossibly deep to fix in a single term...

We've been recovering since.

Another supporter of recycling. You really can keep using the same material, no matter how old, worn, tattered and wrong it is.

BlueStreak
07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
I dunno. The echo chamber of "blame the Repubs", or "its all Bush's fault" never seems to get old with you guys. I guess you guys really do support recycling. :p

Because it's true. Bush WAS an incompetent boob. :rolleyes:

Zeke
07-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Another supporter of recycling. You really can keep using the same material, no matter how old, worn, tattered and accurate it is.

Fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

BlueStreak
07-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Another supporter of recycling. You really can keep using the same material, no matter how old, worn, tattered and wrong it is.

And, the GOP knows this better than most. We now have more billionaires than ever before.

Hows that "trickle down" working?:rolleyes:

Dave

bobabode
07-25-2013, 12:44 PM

Obviously, you don't get it, Mike. Willfully ignoring history is the sign of a weak mind or maybe you're just a fan of recividism?

Let me see if I can explain it in plain and simple language that even you can understand. Your hero, Gee Dubya and his cronies started a war in Iraq under false pretenses and then they kept it off the books leaving a gaping hole in the government's budget Had it been any other office, other than the presidency, they would be in jail for lying under oath and gross malfeasance.

Once you're up to speed on that, we can discuss how those same people anally raped the economy through deregulation and some sweet no bid contracts for Halliburton, KBR and a little company called Blackwater in the aforementioned country of Iraq.

Pssssst, did your heroes ever find even one WMD? No.

piece-itpete
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Chemical weapons though.

Funny it was Billie Boy who stopped regulating derivatives, and the war is certainly not the only reason we're so far in the hole.

Pete

bobabode
07-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Chemical weapons though.

Funny it was Billie Boy who stopped regulating derivatives, and the war is certainly not the only reason we're so far in the hole.

Pete

Uh huh. Yeh, riiight:rolleyes:.

What was the congressional vote count when that piece of mendacious
legislation hit Clinton's desk, again? Do we need another civics lesson on how a bicameral legislature actually works and what a phyrric victory is in terms of vetoing a veto proof bit of legislation? :p

piece-itpete
07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/

"....Greenspan, Rubin and Summers ultimately prevailed on Congress to stop Born and limit future regulation of derivatives. "Born faced a formidable struggle pushing for regulation at a time when the stock market was booming," Kirk says. "Alan Greenspan was the maestro, and both parties in Washington were united in a belief that the markets would take care of themselves."

Now, with many of the same men who shut down Born in key positions in the Obama administration, ...."

Yes it was Congress, but at Clintons' behest.

Pete

whell
07-25-2013, 02:01 PM
And, the GOP knows this better than most. We now have more billionaires than ever before.

Hows that "trickle down" working?:rolleyes:

Dave

Its working great for the Dems. Several of them write nice checks to the Donkeys and their interests.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-25/clinton-donor-among-billionaire-backers-of-pro-obama-pac.html

bobabode
07-25-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/

"....Greenspan, Rubin and Summers ultimately prevailed on Congress to stop Born and limit future regulation of derivatives. "Born faced a formidable struggle pushing for regulation at a time when the stock market was booming," Kirk says. "Alan Greenspan was the maestro, and both parties in Washington were united in a belief that the markets would take care of themselves."

Now, with many of the same men who shut down Born in key positions in the Obama administration, ...."

Yes it was Congress, but at Clintons' behest.

Pete
Last I checked only congress can introduce legislation in congress and correct me if I'm wrong, it was your party running the show at that time. No?

piece-itpete
07-25-2013, 02:11 PM
"....Greenspan, Rubin and Summers ultimately prevailed on Congress to stop Born and limit future regulation of derivatives.

.......both parties in Washington were united in a belief that the markets would take care of themselves."

;)

The show is worth watching btw.

Pete

whell
07-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Obviously, you don't get it, Mike. Willfully ignoring history is the sign of a weak mind or maybe you're just a fan of recividism?

Let me see if I can explain it in plain and simple language that even you can understand. Your hero, Gee Dubya and his cronies started a war in Iraq under false pretenses and then they kept it off the books leaving a gaping hole in the government's budget Had it been any other office, other than the presidency, they would be in jail for lying under oath and gross malfeasance.

Once you're up to speed on that, we can discuss how those same people anally raped the economy through deregulation and some sweet no bid contracts for Halliburton, KBR and a little company called Blackwater in the aforementioned country of Iraq.

Pssssst, did your heroes ever find even one WMD? No.

You obviously don't get it Bob. Willfully ignoring history is the sign of a weak mind or maybe you're just a fan of hypocrisy?

Let me see if I can explain it in plain and simple language that even you can understand. Your hero, Barack Hussein Obama and his cronies spent nearly a trillion on various stimulus programs and health care reform, leaving a gaping hole in the government's budget Had it been any other office, other than the presidency, they would be in jail for lying to Congress and gross malfeasance for suggesting that any of this would balance the budget or pay for itself.

Once you're up to speed on that, we can discuss how those same people anally raped the economy through crony capitalism or paid political favoritism, and spending the country deeper into debt that we're barely paying the interest on.

Pssssst, did your heroes ever get that unemployment rate under control? No.

bobabode
07-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Its working great for the Dems. Several of them write nice checks to the Donkeys and their interests.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-25/clinton-donor-among-billionaire-backers-of-pro-obama-pac.html

'tis but a drop in the bucket compared to the flood of dark money pouring into the political system from your masters of the universe.

Back to employing false equivalence again I see, Whell.

whell
07-25-2013, 05:51 PM
'tis but a drop in the bucket compared to the flood of dark money pouring into the political system from your masters of the universe.

Yeah, right, as the money keeps pouring in from the Hollywood elite.

barbara
07-25-2013, 06:10 PM

Yeah.... People like Clint Eastwood, Matthew McConaufhey, Kelsey Grammer, Stephen Baldwin, drew Carey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 50Cent, Bruce Willis, Tom Selleck, Alice Cooper, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, and Chuck Norris and many other hollywood types have been know to support the party of their choice.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Charles
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM

No offense, but the Donks rake in plenty of that "dark money" too.

If one party is corrupt for doing so, then the other party is as well.

Chas

Rex E.
07-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Well, let's see......reps in congress and their "job creating" friends made a vow to destroy this president from the get go.

So, please explain how the job market was to get better if the job creators ( and they got their bail out money) have told us up front that they will not create jobs for the 8 years to make sure this president is a failure?

I could see this plainly and clearly when I was leaning to the right, part of what pushed me to the left.....

HatchetJack
07-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Funny how vilifies the "top 1%" for quadrupling their income and then tries to
take credit for the economy improving :rolleyes:

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 02:04 PM

Hollywood Elite like Eastwood?

Dave

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Funny how vilifies the "top 1%" for quadrupling their income and then tries to
take credit for the economy improving :rolleyes:

Well, he is trying to save face as he copies GOP policy.

Which, of course, as we all witnessed in the last decade or so.......................:eek:

Dave

bobabode
07-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Just watched the Prez's Chattanooga speech. I hearby rename this the 'Sh!t or get off the pot or get outta the way' thread.:rolleyes:
'Turtleman' McConnell pre panned the speech.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/jul/30/obama-proposes-grand-bargain-jobs/

icenine
07-30-2013, 02:50 PM

At least he ain't hiding in the Back Alley Pub!

icenine
07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
I hope he mints that coin!