PDA

View Full Version : The Speaker's Opportunity

icenine
07-25-2013, 08:44 PM
King's racism has given the GOP a chance to go ahead and present the immigration bill. It would be a repudiation of King and at the same time a win for the GOP in the long run. Not doing anything on immigration now is basically validating King and the Republicans will just cut their throat if they do not pass a reform bill.

The stakes are even higher. I cannot believe any member of Congress in 2013 could say the things that King has said. I hope there are some Republicans left in Congress who have the courage to do the right thing.

finnbow
07-25-2013, 09:54 PM
The House will not be party to anything that could be construed as a victory for Obama. Period.

Rex E.
07-25-2013, 09:56 PM
The House will not be party to anything that could be construed as a victory for Obama. Period.

And there is the easy answer for Whell's unemployment and jobs questions.....why is it so hard for some to see when they were told point blank by those involved?

bobabode
07-25-2013, 10:15 PM
The only thing Boehner is capable of doing is holding another repeal vote for Obamacare. He would have more success herding cats than he would trying to line up enough supporters of immigration reform from the right side of the aisle in the House. I don't believe there's any courage to be found in Washington D.C. anymore.

BlueStreak
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM

Really? Why, whatever gave you that impression?;)

Dave

Rajoo
07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
The only thing Boehner is capable of doing is holding another repeal vote for Obamacare. He would have more success herding cats than he would trying to line up enough supporters of immigration reform from the right side of the aisle in the House. I don't believe there's any courage to be found in Washington D.C. anymore.

Boehner: Judge Congress on how many laws it repeals

From: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/21/boehner-congress-repeal-health-care-unpopularity/2572839/

Here is the stack of paperwork for Obamascare as dramatized by Mitch McCon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/03/15/National-Politics/Images/518192326.jpg?uuid=E9A7RI28EeKfVPP91wrK0g

icenine
07-26-2013, 12:11 PM
not having your child denied health insurance because of a pre-existing condition is well worth a stack of paper, to paraphrase Henry of Navarre

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Boehner: Judge Congress on how many laws it repeals

From: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/21/boehner-congress-repeal-health-care-unpopularity/2572839/

Here is the stack of paperwork for Obamascare as dramatized by Mitch McCon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/03/15/National-Politics/Images/518192326.jpg?uuid=E9A7RI28EeKfVPP91wrK0g

It's grown. Remember when they were trying to shock us with the stack that was ~6" tall? It didn't work.

Turtleman apparently thinks making it bigger every few months will do the trick. Maybe in October he'll drive a truck onstage?

Dave

Zeke
07-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Scare tactics with no baseline.

Show me the stack of paper for any comprehensive Federal program and it will be this big.

piece-itpete
07-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Old news. Reagan had us visualize a stack of $1 bills to the moon!

He was just better at everything ;)

Pete

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
And there is the easy answer for Whell's unemployment and jobs questions.....why is it so hard for some to see when they were told point blank by those involved?

Agreed.

It's because they don't want to see it, Paul.

bobabode
07-26-2013, 12:38 PM

Pete

He was a base and crappy liar. Is that what you mean by better?:rolleyes:

bobabode
07-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I have to wonder, exactly how much cash has been squandered by the Boehner/McConnell cabal by holding these 39 votes to repeal the PPACA?

Not to mention the huge waste of time imposed on congress proving that the Repugnant party has gone clinically insane.

Rajoo
07-26-2013, 01:12 PM

Pete

Sleeping on the job too? :rolleyes:

icenine
07-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I have to wonder, exactly how much cash has been squandered by the Boehner/McConnell cabal by holding these 39 votes to repeal the PPACA?

Not to mention the huge waste of time imposed on congress proving that the Repugnant party has gone clinically insane.

There is some concern going around that Boehner and company are purposely shortening days that Congress is in session.....I heard on the Chuck Todd show this AM that they are going away for 5 weeks, and then will only be in session for 9 days in September....easy gig for $250,000 a year plus all the benefits (like the Public Option I bet the Tea Baggers all sign up for that)

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 01:30 PM

Pete

He was good at nothing more than convincing people he was great at everything.

Every proud Yugo owner walked away from the dealership thinking they had made a great deal.....Because salesmen like Reagan slick-talked them into it. They were ripped off and sold a POS....and so were you.

We now have more billionaires than ever and people who HAVE jobs on the public dole. How's that "trickle down" been workin' for ya? Have it better than your parents did? Most would answer that with a big NO.
I know I certainly don't.

Dave

bobabode
07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
You don't think that gentle warm yellow rain misting down from on high is manna from heaven, Dave?

Me, neither.

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 01:36 PM
There is some concern going around that Boehner and company are purposely shortening days that Congress is in session.....I heard on the Chuck Todd show this AM that they are going away for 5 weeks, and then will only be in session for 9 days in September....easy gig for $250,000 a year plus all the benefits (like the Public Option I bet the Tea Baggers all sign up for that)

They're all FOS too. Got to hand it to them, their marketing tool was very effective. And, I'm sure they've cashed in right handsomely.

Dave

piece-itpete
07-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Judging from popularity he was a better liar than our current leader ;)

Pete

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 01:46 PM
You don't think that gentle warm yellow rain misting down from on high is manna from heaven, Dave?

Me, neither.

No, and I think the economic model behind it is the biggest failure since Communism. Concentrating wealth is nothing more than.....well, concentrating wealth. People don't get rich by throwing money around, they get rich by convincing others to give theirs up, then hoarding it. (Mostly in offshore accounts.)

Until we take a big stick to that Pinata, the wealth in this country will continue to do nothing but concentrate into the hands of a few.

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Judging from popularity he was a better liar than our current leader ;)

Pete

Yep. Amazing how easily stooges fall for a bunch of macho-man, pseudo-cowboy, flagwaiving horseshit isn't it, Pete?

Dave

icenine
07-26-2013, 02:20 PM
I think Ronald Reagan's legacy....this notion about too much government....is the most negative thing in recent domestic history. Who would think a B movie actor with the "Morning In America" halo around his cowboy hat and blue jean overalls would be responsible 30 years later for this Party of No that now controls the GOP.

Rex E.
07-26-2013, 07:04 PM

Pete

He was a master at bringing crack to the inner cities and cocaine to the country. He was a master at laundering that money and parlaying it into guns and training for Al Qaeda. He was a master at forgetting all of this...seems you've forgotten as well......

Rex E.
07-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Agreed.

It's because they don't want to see it, Paul.

I've brought it up recently in two active threads and not a single response from those that know Obama is destroying jobs.

Pretty sure from other responses I'm not on their ignore list, no idea why they keep glossing right over it.

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 09:27 PM
He was a master at bringing crack to the inner cities and cocaine to the country. He was a master at laundering that money and parlaying it into guns and training for Al Qaeda. He was a master at forgetting all of this...seems you've forgotten as well......

It's almost like something out of 1984, isn't it Paul? Politicians from both sides pull this crap, you and I see that. But only Democrats get blamed. Could it be because Republicans are just perceived as "loving America" too much to be held accountable? Or maybe they're "....not perfect, just forgiven." for their obvious transgressions? Or maybe it's because if you buy some people off with the promise of a fat tax break and loose regulations, they don't worry about your f**k ups so much?

I tend to think it's all of the above.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 09:30 PM
I've brought it up recently in two active threads and not a single response from those that know Obama is destroying jobs.

Pretty sure from other responses I'm not on their ignore list, no idea why they keep glossing right over it.

Because they know what the game is, as well as we do. They just won't admit it.

Dave

Rex E.
07-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Because they know what the game is, as well as we do. They just won't admit it.

Dave

But....but.... they are such stand up, salt of the earth folks.........:rolleyes: