PDA

View Full Version : You T hought Tube Amp Hum Was Bad..You Do Not Want This!

icenine
07-26-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/mysterious-hum-driving-people-crazy-around-world-6C10760872#

any victims of the hum here in PC?

JJIII
07-26-2013, 06:18 PM
It's Bigfoot meditating.

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Don't worry about that. It's nothing. What's coming after it is really nothing to panic about either. Just relax and have another beer. We won't hurt you.

Dave

bobabode
07-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Can you hum a few bars?:D

Charles
07-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Haven''t noticed the hum, but a few years ago I was bedeviled by a high pitched whine...sounded like a bearing going out in a fan motor.

Everywhere I went I could hear it. The farm & home, the grocery store, the likker store, outside of my house, inside of my house.

I even Goggled "high pitched whine" to see if anyone else could hear it.

Finally, after walking room to room for 30 minutes, I isolated it to my cell phone. Apparently I had butt dialed SOMETHING into it and it went nuts. Now I had butt dialed locking the keyboard before, and had to drive home and get the manual to unlock it, but never something like this.

Finally broke down and bought a flip phone, didn't want to as the one I had worked great, but I was getting tired of it dicking with me.

Chas

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Finally, after walking room to room for 30 minutes, I isolated it to my cell phone. Apparently I had butt dialed SOMETHING into it and it went nuts.
Chas

Yes, we received the call and figured it was a wrong number but activated the brain scrambler anyhow, just in case it was THEM.

Glad to see you turned it off before...............

Chas, you can't see me, can you?

Dave

Charles
07-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes, we received the call and figured it was a wrong number but activated the brain scrambler anyhow, just in case it was THEM.

Glad to see you turned it off before...............

Chas, you can't see me, can you?

Dave

Could be.

Are you about 15" tall, white, fuzzy, manipulative, and have a squeaky toy in your mouth?

Chas

BlueStreak
07-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Could be.

Are you about 15" tall, white, fuzzy, manipulative, and have a squeaky toy in your mouth?

Chas

Don't kill the dog.

Dave