PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Grumpy
11-25-2009, 03:45 PM
http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

Boreas
11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I get it! It's all Obama's fault. He screwed the whole place up the day after he was inaugurated.

Seriously though, that map looks pretty damned grim - about as grim as I feel.

John

noonereal
11-25-2009, 05:04 PM
No, the map clearly shows that Obama has not yet been able to reverse the course from the last 8 years.

Maybe "just say no" is why?

Charles
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
No, the map clearly shows that Obama has not yet been able to reverse the course from the last 8 years.

Maybe "just say no" is why?

He's not reversing course, he's accelerating the same course. He just calls it something different.

Chas

noonereal
11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
He's not reversing course, he's accelerating the same course. He just calls it something different.

Chas

Chas

think of it like a run awaytruck . First you got to catch it, then you try to steer it safely until you can bring it to a stop and bring it back. Obie just jumped onto the running board.

Charles
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Chas

think of it like a run awaytruck . First you got to catch it, then you try to steer it safely until you can bring it to a stop and bring it back. Obie just jumped onto the running board.

Yeah, he's hanging on the running boards, but he ain't drivin'. If he starts drawing too much flack (like he is now), they'll kick his ass off of the running boards and get someone else.

Obie talks a good game, but he's not the one to lead us out of the wilderness.

We need someone who has hair on their ass, Like Andrew Jackson or TR. Someone who doesn't care if they have the job or not.

Hate to say it, but Obie's a go along to get along politician. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Presidents are like cops. Anyone who really wants the job shouldn't be allowed to have it.

As a rule. And it goes triple for prison guards.

Chas

Boreas
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah, he's hanging on the running boards, but he ain't drivin'. If he starts drawing too much flack (like he is now), they'll kick his ass off of the running boards and get someone else.

Obie talks a good game, but he's not the one to lead us out of the wilderness.

We need someone who has hair on their ass, Like Andrew Jackson or TR. Someone who doesn't care if they have the job or not.

Hate to say it, but Obie's a go along to get along politician. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Chas, I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Maybe Obama will get to grips with some of these problems he inherited but I can't see that he is just now.

Part of the problem is that he's taking economic policy advice from some of the people who created the mess in the first place like Bernanke, Geithner and Summers. Meanwhile brilliant guys like Paul Krugman and Robert Reich are frozen out.

Presidents are like cops. Anyone who really wants the job shouldn't be allowed to have it.

Or as Douglas Adams, one of my favorite authors, would say, "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

John

Charles
11-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Chas, I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Maybe Obama will get to grips with some of these problems he inherited but I can't see that he is just now.

Part of the problem is that he's taking economic policy advice from some of the people who created the mess in the first place like Bernanke, Geithner and Summers. Meanwhile brilliant guys like Paul Krugman and Robert Reich are frozen out.

Or as Douglas Adams, one of my favorite authors, would say, "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

John

I'm not a Krugman fan, but I do like Reich. And you forgot "Pat " Paulson...another Goldman Sachs allumni.

God, we do need some fresh blood up there.

Chas

Boreas
11-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not a Krugman fan, but I do like Reich.

I like Reich a lot. Krugman's good too but I guess since he won a Nobel just like "Barry" that makes him suspect. ;).

And you forgot "Pat " Paulson...another Goldman Sachs allumni.

Hank the wank.

God, we do need some fresh blood up there.

We sure as Hell do!

John

merrylander
11-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Wasn't Reich the one who advised Clinto to sign the Gramm bill that killed Glass stegal? Sorry, but I don't want anyone in treasury who can even spell Wall Street.

Boreas
11-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Wasn't Reich the one who advised Clinto to sign the Gramm bill that killed Glass stegal?

I don't know. It's possible, I guess, but Robert Reich left the Clinton Administration after the first term and Gramm-Leach-Bliley was signed in 1999.

[EDIT] I'd also add that, given what I know about Bob Reich, I don't think he would have been in favor of Gramm-Leach-Bliley. He's definitely not a Free Marketeer.

John