PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't because they were bored...

whell
08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
"Chris Lane shooting a gang initiation, says father who called police"

http://www.smh.com.au/world/chris-lane-shooting-a-gang-initiation-says-father-who-called-police-20130822-2sdud.html

"Chris Lane was murdered as a part of a gang initiation, according to James Johnson, the father of a boy who was also allegedly targeted by the three youths accused of killing Mr Lane."

"I don't think it was an initiation – I know it was an initiation, my son told me it was an initiation," Mr Johnson told Fairfax Media.

The initially stated motive of "we were bored" always seemed like bull shit to me. So, what else are these little angels lying about?

whell
08-22-2013, 09:02 AM
And now the Australian media is doing the job that the US media may be reluctant to do: going back an looking at the Twitter pages of the alleged perps and finding interesting things:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/chilling-911-call-details-final-moments-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane8217s-life/story-fnii5smq-1226700172461

"It comes as Edwards, who has been charged with first-degree murder, posted racist tweets saying he hated white people in the months before the shooting.

Edwards posted statements on his Twitter feed including a comment on April 29 where he tweeted "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM".

Edwards also weighed when George Zimmerman was acquitted over the death of Trayvon Martin.

"Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol sh*t ima keep sleepin sh*t! #ayeeee."

"Woods" is derogatory slang for white people. The feed also contains tweets glorifying violence, guns and gangs."

d-ray657
08-22-2013, 09:13 AM
When I heard of the way the shooting went down, I suspected gang-related conduct. What these people did is inexcusable. And you don't hear anyone trying to excuse or justify what they did. Moreover, I have not doubt that they will be convicted. Authorities have already moved to have the under-age perpetrators certified as adults. So the scandal is . . . ?

Regards,

D-Ray

JBS...
08-22-2013, 09:57 AM
They need to be charged with a hate crime...

whell
08-22-2013, 10:31 AM
When I heard of the way the shooting went down, I suspected gang-related conduct. What these people did is inexcusable. And you don't hear anyone trying to excuse or justify what they did. Moreover, I have not doubt that they will be convicted. Authorities have already moved to have the under-age perpetrators certified as adults. So the scandal is . . . ?

Regards,

D-Ray

Did someone suggest a scandal? I'm simply supplying info to the forum on this case for the edification of our members.

bobabode
08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Did someone suggest a scandal? I'm simply supplying info to the forum on this case for the edification of our members.

Yeh, riiiiight.....Re read your second post, whell. I read about the hate tweets in the LA Times yesterday. Not that I expect you to read that lefty rag...:rolleyes:

finnbow
08-22-2013, 05:12 PM

OK, we understand. All blacks and bad and all Republicans are good, even the racists among them as they have good reason to be.

whell
08-22-2013, 05:22 PM
OK, we understand. All blacks and bad and all Republicans are good, even the racists among them as they have good reason to be.

If you say so, Finn. :rolleyes:

icenine
08-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Why are people trying to make political points off a horrendous murder?

And I do not think all of these murderers were black were they? As if that matters...

the far right is trying to cast this as some sort of counterweight to the Martin case.
Sickening.

piece-itpete
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
I dislike racial elements but if this was the other way around? Come on now.

Pete

merrylander
08-23-2013, 01:52 PM
I dislike racial elements but if this was the other way around? Come on now.

Pete

Wouldn't even make the evening news.

BlueStreak
08-23-2013, 06:51 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Right, and this is a salient point. No one, outside of the rightwing media, is making noise over this because we all know these killers WILL be dealt with. Many of us suspected, and rightfully so, that Zimmerman would walk.

And, somehow, we seem to sense these things right from the beginning, before we know any facts. Why is that?

Dave

whell
08-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Right, and this is a salient point. No one, outside of the rightwing media, is making noise over this because we all know these killers WILL be dealt with. Many of us suspected, and rightfully so, that Zimmerman would walk.

And, somehow, we seem to sense these things right from the beginning, before we know any facts. Why is that?

Dave

Because we knew that Lane wasn't attacking the three perps, as Martin had attacked Zimmerman?

BlueStreak
08-24-2013, 07:57 AM
If you consider running from someone an "attack", sure. Personally, I would have wanted to beat the crap out of dork Zimmerman too. But, he probably wouldn't have bothered following me.

Why do you suppose that is?

Dave

whell
08-24-2013, 08:50 AM
If you consider running from someone an "attack", sure. Personally, I would have wanted to beat the crap out of dork Zimmerman too. But, he probably wouldn't have bothered following me.

Why do you suppose that is?

Dave

'Cuz you hadn't showered again? :p

piece-itpete
08-26-2013, 11:00 AM
LOL!

Pete

Zeke
08-26-2013, 01:26 PM
These kids committed murder because they had access to a gun and did not care about the consequences.

That's a big percentage of our overall population.