PDA

View Full Version : Antoinette Tuff

barbara
08-22-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't have a link handy, but I'm sure you all have heard of this brave lady who talked the shooter into giving himself up in the recent school incident.

I just wanted a thread to celebrate this hero.

A big round a applause for Antoinette!!

:)

finnbow
08-22-2013, 06:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/antoinette-tuffs-911-call-on-ga-shooting-suspect-is-a-portrait-of-poise-compassion/2013/08/22/c62a6fa2-0b3a-11e3-8974-f97ab3b3c677_story.html

Very brave indeed.

barbara
08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks Finn. I don't always have the best luck doing the link thing from my iPhone.

JBS...
08-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Wonderful story. Cheers :)

CarlV
08-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Very cool indeed.

No one was shot Tuesday after a man slipped into an elementary school just outside Atlanta with an AK-47-style assault rifle, 500 rounds of ammo and “nothing to live for.”

Why?

Not because we listened to gun advocates who said we should arm teachers with weapons.

Not because we took the advice of the National Rifle Association, which said schools should have armed officers.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Carl

bobabode
08-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Brave lady.:)

icenine
08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Extreme grace under pressure.....
well done.

Charles
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't have a link handy, but I'm sure you all have heard of this brave lady who talked the shooter into giving himself up in the recent school incident.

I just wanted a thread to celebrate this hero.

A big round a applause for Antoinette!!

:)

This woman deserves the up most respect.

Then again, she was dealing with an irrational individual who had just used up all of their vengeance and run of gas.

A very similar situation ended just outside of my back door, although I didn't live here at the time. After murdering four people and wounding another, the fellow ran out of gas and was talked into surrendering himself to the police. The old woman who found him on her back porch was non confrontational, and spent all day talking him down.

And he'd had time to think about what he'd just done.

Myself, knowing the guy personally, and thinking he was the salt of the earth...I would have shot him in the back if the opportunity had presented itself.

And if the old woman had known that he was on the back porch, and have been armed, she might have shot him in the back as well. Or called the retired MSHP Sgt who was coming by later in the day to take her to church. Which was how she sealed the deal...she told Jim that the Sgt was coming by, and would be suspicious if she didn't go with him.

She didn't invite this psychopath into her kitchen out of the kindness of her heart. He had the drop on her, and she was smart enough to deal with it.

Which reminds me of what "Deputy Dawg" told me while he was standing there as this all closed out.

He said that a member of the MSHP SWAT team approached a captain and asked, "What if he should bolt?"

He said the captain told him, "Be sure that he doesn't BOLT."

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing pleasant whenever people start murdering one another.

But that's our nature. When have homo sapiens NOT murdered one another?

Like the wolf devouring the lamb. Shall we blame the wolf for being born a predator, or the lamb for being born the prey?

Neither one sits around naval gazing as to what is right or wrong in this situation. That falls to the homo sapien, who has eaten from the tree of knowledge. We now operate under the illusion that we understand right from wrong.

The human race is truly a pathetic bunch of stuffed shirt, know it all bastards. Only we are capable of inflicting the most incompressible atrocities upon one another under the guise of "truth and justice", "right or wrong", or whatever false flag we wish to fly in order to divert attention that it's every man for himself.

Get used to it. Homo sapiens slaughter no only everything of the face of the earth, but everything above it, or below it, and even one another. We are the largest and most powerful parasite on planet Earth, and the quicker we are driven back into the caves the better.

And all of this bullshit talk about sustainable living, face it...who's fucking up planet Earth?

It ain't my dog.

Chas

BlueStreak
08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Good grief, Chas. Is it really all that?

Dave

BlueStreak
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
We had one locally several years back. An elderly woman working the register at Tinee Giant (convenience store) had a gun in her face. She told the robber "You should be ashamed of yourself....Is this what you dreamed about as a little boy? Becoming a pathetic, petty thief who shoots old ladies for pocket change? No, I'm not giving you any money. Go back to school and make something respectable of yourself."

The dude stuffed the gun back in hs pants and left.

I guess you reach a certain age when you no longer give a shyte.

Dave

JJIII
08-23-2013, 09:13 AM
A couple of young thugs invaded my mother-in-law's (may she rest in peace) house a few years ago. They told her to sit in the living room and began to pilfer throughout the house looking for money and/or drugs. One of them was thumbing through her Bible thinking she may have stashed cash there. She told him that he should be reading that if he wanted to get something out of it. They were there about half an hour without finding what they wanted and she finally told them that was enough and to get out! They did! She then went to a neighbors house and had the neighbor call 911. That woman had as strong a will as anyone I have ever known. (Except maybe her daughter!:D)

piece-itpete
08-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Kudos to a brave lady.

And well said Chas.

Pete

merrylander
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM
A big hand for the lady, and Chas you are right, sad as that may be.

Charles
08-23-2013, 02:36 PM
A couple of young thugs invaded my mother-in-law's (may she rest in peace) house a few years ago. They told her to sit in the living room and began to pilfer throughout the house looking for money and/or drugs. One of them was thumbing through her Bible thinking she may have stashed cash there. She told him that he should be reading that if he wanted to get something out of it. They were there about half an hour without finding what they wanted and she finally told them that was enough and to get out! They did! She then went to a neighbors house and had the neighbor call 911. That woman had as strong a will as anyone I have ever known. (Except maybe her daughter!:D)

Sounds like you need to hide their rolling pins.

Chas

JJIII
08-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you need to hide their rolling pins.

Chas

They've got something worse than a rolling pin... truth and logic.:eek: