PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks doesn't want guns in their stores

bobabode
09-18-2013, 05:05 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/09/18/starbucks-now-discouraging-guns/?hpid=z4

Sorry, Marc. No more guns and coffee for you.;)

hillbilly
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/09/18/starbucks-now-discouraging-guns/?hpid=z4

Sorry, Marc. No more guns and coffee for you.;)

Good. I prepare every meal at home anyways, coffee too. No big deal. ;)

mpholland
09-18-2013, 06:58 PM
that's OK. I rarely need a gun to get a cup of coffee anyway.

d-ray657
09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
It would take a gun to get me to drink Starbucks.

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine
09-18-2013, 07:31 PM
After the Republicans shut down the government I gonna bone up on some vieagra, pack some heat and go get a Venti. My favorite is Pike's Peak. No one is gonna mess with me there, especially some punk armed with an Ipad:cool:

Rex E.
09-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I like the comments
"If the Starbucks is in a bad part of town...."

Anybody ever seen a Starbucks in a "bad part of town"?

bobabode
09-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I like the comments
"If the Starbucks is in a bad part of town...."

Anybody ever seen a Starbucks in a "bad part of town"?

Lot's of paid trolls post at WaPo. It's the Uhmerican way.;)

Zeke
09-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Starbucks is fine for corporate coffee.

I have no issue with their stance on guns.

MikeG22
09-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Don't need a gun, I'm killing myself with their 1500 calorie grande frappuchino with whipped cream of course.

bobabode
09-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Don't need a gun, I'm killing myself with their 1500 calorie grande frappuchino with whipped cream of course.

Add a double shot of espresso and mocha to that and you're really livin'!:D

icenine
09-18-2013, 11:39 PM
I went to a Starbucks in the Philippines once...farthest I went for a coffee lol.
And the barrista was very sweet

I got to get back.

Rex E.
09-18-2013, 11:43 PM
You all drink some foo-foo coffee. I prefer the Sumatra without any candy crap in it (including sugar or cream ;) ) ( for Dave, I like my coffee like my women, black and strong!) :D

I don't get it at the store though so I guess it may not be real. I have it through the Keurig machine at work. :D

icenine
09-18-2013, 11:48 PM
No way shipmate

I drink real feffing coffee everyday at the Big Military Machine Complex Basehttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAxDzkbiJI_01sq_2QJFPVmInZKj2JH pVQg1S6VfQGt3Cbd9JWxw

it is only $5.99 a can at the base commissary you guys are all jealous of lol

you see why I love BIG GOVERNMENT?

Wasillaguy
09-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Pure capitalism at work, doncha love it?

"We don't want guns in our store, but go ahead and bring 'em in if that's what it's gonna take to get your business"

Backbone of an amoeba right there.

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 12:16 AM
No way shipmate

I drink real feffing coffee everyday at the Big Military Machine Complex Basehttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAxDzkbiJI_01sq_2QJFPVmInZKj2JH pVQg1S6VfQGt3Cbd9JWxw

Shouldn't a good liberal like yourself be eager to pay taxes that keep the MIC going ;)

:D

You never did answer my question about being the son of a vet, shouldn't I have access to all that also? I know I can sign up with Navy Federal CU :D

icenine
09-19-2013, 12:17 AM

"We don't want guns in our store, but go ahead and bring 'em in if that's what it's gonna take to get your business"

Think of the poor guy at the cash register

is it your friendly neighborhood sportsman?
or some guy about to either rob or kill you?

I mean come on. Unless I see a uniform with that holster I get scared pretty quick.

I am sort of prejudiced in that if I see a angry looking white guy with a piece and is he is not a cop the first thought in my brain is serial killer. I do not mean seeing a guy with a gun at a Turkey Shoot. I mean seeing someone at Target or Starbucks with a weapon.

To me all old white guys are inherently angry;) I mean look at this forum lol

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 12:21 AM
T

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Glad I am younger than most here ;)

icenine
09-19-2013, 12:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude if you are talking to old guys you are an old guy lol

yeah you probably can join NFCU

I would do that the car loan rates are great

I would look into USAA too they have good insurance rates especially if you bundle

bobabode
09-19-2013, 12:29 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Touche' young Jedi.;)

All you young whippersnappers can kiss my sweaty....:D

CarlV
09-19-2013, 12:35 AM
I had a Starbucks once, don't really remember much except it was not bad and not at all cheap.

Carl

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 01:00 AM
I had a Starbucks once, don't really remember much except it was not bad and not at all cheap.

Carl

That is why I go the k-kup route. $.85 each vs. $5-...? at their locations ;)

icenine
09-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Large coffee of the day is only $2.25

barbara
09-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Don't drink coffee... But Starbucks makes lousy hot chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

merrylander
09-19-2013, 06:55 AM

Peace grasshopper.:p

merrylander
09-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Someone should tell Starbucks that you roast the beans not burn them.

We use Gevalia Columbian whold bean, ground just in time.

BlueStreak
09-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Their coffee is burnt, disgusting and way overpriced. But, I do like their pastries. Personally, I don't see why anyone feels the need to pack heat everywhere they go. But, then I'm not a paranoid pussy either.

Dave

merrylander
09-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Somehow trying to picture a pussy packing heat breaks me up. Had a funny cat picture around here somewhere.

BlueStreak
09-19-2013, 07:15 AM
No way shipmate

I made that disgusting shit. We make much better coffees than that trash.

There are several brands made to that same code, and we literally call it "trash". It's made of "tailings". The tailing is what ever is left in the bin after a run is finished. It is blown into a bin of whatever tailings preceded it from other runs and they are mixed together to make the "economy brands". We also mix chaff back into that code to get rid of it, rather than truck it to the landfill. There is no telling what bizarre mixture of cheap coffees is haphazardly dumped into that can.

Enjoy.

Dave

d-ray657
09-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Somehow trying to picture a pussy packing heat breaks me up. Had a funny cat picture around here somewhere.

I remember a stripper at a bachelor party with some strange talents - but packing heat . . . . ?

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
09-19-2013, 07:20 AM
That is why I go the k-kup route. $.85 each vs. $5-...? at their locations ;)

Ha, Ha! You're still getting ripped off. If you buy your coffee in a can, or even in a bag you are paying less than half per cup that you do for those K-Kups. We will soon be making those too....Because the profit margin on them is obscene.;)

Dave

BlueStreak
09-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Pay heed to what I tell you about coffee, Fellas. This is how I make my money.

MikeG22
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Aren't those k cups expensive because your buying those little plastic cups with every cup? Isn't there like 2tbsp of coffee in the whole thing?

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Ha, Ha! You're still getting ripped off. If you buy your coffee in a can, or even in a bag you are paying less than half per cup that you do for those K-Kups. We will soon be making those too....Because the profit margin on them is obscene.;)

Dave

Sure, but when their are no actual coffee pots at work it's nice to have and I only drink one cup a day anyway. The have concentrate coffee at work, just like a soda fountain. Talk about disgusting.

icenine
09-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Sure, but when their are no actual coffee pots at work it's nice to have and I only drink one cup a day anyway. The have concentrate coffee at work, just like a soda fountain. Talk about disgusting.

I have a good old fashioned Navy coffee mess at work!
I have it made!

I set the timer for 6:45 am and it is brewing when I walk in the door!

icenine
09-19-2013, 09:07 AM
I made that disgusting shit. We make much better coffees than that trash.

There are several brands made to that same code, and we literally call it "trash". It's made of "tailings". The tailing is what ever is left in the bin after a run is finished. It is blown into a bin of whatever tailings preceded it from other runs and they are mixed together to make the "economy brands". We also mix chaff back into that code to get rid of it, rather than truck it to the landfill. There is no telling what bizarre mixture of cheap coffees is haphazardly dumped into that can.

Enjoy.

Dave

I am right now! I do not care where the stuff comes from

I take it you work in a coffee processing plant?
So your the guy who makes Reville coffee? You are a true coffee patriot!;)

Zeke
09-19-2013, 12:37 PM

1. No.
2. Scorn and shunning beats any law.
3. Although there should be a law.

You would be amazed by that social technique.

Dondilion
09-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Never been in Starbucks because I suspect they sell lousy coffee.

My experience of coffee in the public space has been awful.

Coffee is not worth drinking unless it is Jamaican Blue Mountain. :D

bobabode
09-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Never been in Starbucks because I suspect they sell lousy coffee.

My experience of coffee in the public space has been awful.

Coffee is not worth drinking unless it is Jamaican Blue Mountain. :D

:)'ey, mon. Duppie tended and picked by Rastafari with lambs breath in their dreadlocks.;)

Costco Columbian Supremo in a bag here.

JJIII
09-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Bunch'a addicts!:)

mpholland
09-19-2013, 08:29 PM
My normal combination

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1727888/AK/SFBAY_3lb_French_Roast_071004-01.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1727888/AK/pyrexflameware.jpg

d-ray657
09-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Hey, My mom had one of those!

If I'm not doing drip, I would prefer a French Press.

Regards,

D-Ray

mpholland
09-19-2013, 09:08 PM
I think I have about nine of them. They came in 4, 6, and 9 cup versions.

d-ray657
09-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I think I have about nine of them. They came in 4, 6, and 9 cup versions.

I used to love the sound of those perking, and it was cool to watch the bubbles form under the stem. The aroma was pretty nice too.

Now you have me thinking about the big ol' waffle iron that we had, too. A lot of good food came out of that kitchen.

Regards,

D-Ray

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I have a good old fashioned Navy coffee mess at work!
I have it made!

I set the timer for 6:45 am and it is brewing when I walk in the door!

We have plenty of money and room for that. We have beautiful new stainless steel refrigerators and microwaves and toasters and.......

Just my boss does not drink coffee and never has. To him a pot and grounds and the like just make for a mess and coffee from concentrate took care of the mess. Before we moved to the new building it was drip pots and good coffee for all....;)

d-ray657
09-19-2013, 09:38 PM
We have plenty of money and room for that. We have beautiful new stainless steel refrigerators and microwaves and toasters and.......

Just my boss does not drink coffee and never has. To him a pot and grounds and the like just make for a mess and coffee from concentrate took care of the mess. Before we moved to the new building it was drip pots and good coffee for all....;)

I have a couple of nice Stanley Thermoses (Thermi?) that keep coffee hot for several hours. Good coffee in; good coffee out. Actually, they're not that nice any more. They're the stainless steel ones that have scratches and dents in them but they still keep it hot.

Regards,

D-Ray

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 09:44 PM
I have a couple of nice Stanley Thermoses (Thermi?) that keep coffee hot for several hours. Good coffee in; good coffee out. Actually, they're not that nice any more. They're the stainless steel ones that have scratches and dents in them but they still keep it hot.

Regards,

D-Ray

I have one of my grandfathers old one as well. I'm the only one in my home that drinks coffee so again, one cup a day is only 7 cups. the coffee goes stale before it's all used.

The $.85 is worth it to me and I like the coffee. Trust me, I've thought of alternatives. Heck, I even gave up coffee on the weekends so I don't have to mess with it at home (i know, what kinda crazy freak am I....)

d-ray657
09-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I have one of my grandfathers old one as well. I'm the only one in my home that drinks coffee so again, one cup a day is only 7 cups. the coffee goes stale before it's all used.

The $.85 is worth it to me and I like the coffee. Trust me, I've thought of alternatives. Heck, I even gave up coffee on the weekends so I don't have to mess with it at home (i know, what kinda crazy freak am I....)

Well, heck, if I had understood that you're a one cup a day piker, I wouldn't have mentioned it. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

Rex E.
09-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Well, heck, if I had understood that you're a one cup a day piker, I wouldn't have mentioned it. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

Don't wanna veer too far a foul of my fine Mormon upbringing :D

mpholland
09-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Don't wanna veer too far a foul of my fine Mormon upbringing :D

That sounds like a Romney quote! :D