PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura walks off the air

Charles
12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't know how anyone feels about Jesse, but he was a SEAL and a governor...he's the real deal IMHO.

After watching this clip, had he slapped the shit out of the little loudmouth, I wouldn't have blamed him. Hell, I would consider it an honor to slap the shit out of the little loudmouth on his behalf.

Chas

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/02/video-minnesota-governor-turned-truther-superpatriot-walks-off-radio-show-in-huff/

noonereal
12-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Jesse is acting like an idiot to sell his new TV series.

I don't know Chas, I see Jesse embarrassing himself in that clip.

doucanoe
12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Jesse was our Governor for a spell. He got elected because people were tired of the same old BS. He really believed that he could cut through that BS and get things done. What he ran head first into, was the reality of Government. Even on a State level, the beast was bigger than himself.

RC

Fast_Eddie
12-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Jesse was our Governor for a spell. He got elected because people were tired of the same old BS. He really believed that he could cut through that BS and get things done. What he ran head first into, was the reality of Government. Even on a State level, the beast was bigger than himself.

RC

I like Jesse. I really do. And I respect him. But this is exactly how I see him. It's why I like Obama a lot. People look at him and say "well, he's good at making a speech yadda yadda." I look at him and say "he's smart *and* he's slick enough to get elected and work the system." Same reason I like Clinton. He was good enough to get things done. Yeah, egotistical and a little nuts, but I think that's what it takes anymore. Obama doesn't even seem so nuts. I like him. Jesse is kinda like Carter to me. Means very well, but can't actually get anything done.

I feel terrible for him when I see the promo for that TV show. Sell out. Great he's cashing in I guess. But it sucks that's what he's reduced to.

Fast_Eddie
12-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Man, took a while for the video to load. That guy is an ass hole. Who is that? Would have liked to see Jesse lay him out. Prick.

Boreas
12-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Jesse was our Governor for a spell.

Yeah, I thought about him the other day when you said that Minnesota is a really blue state. It surprised me to hear you say that. Sure, you elected Paul Wellstone and Al Franken, barely, but you elected Jesse the Body, Tim Pawlenty and Norm Coleman too. The era of Hubert Humphrey and Fritz Mondale are pretty far in the past. Minnesota seems pretty purple to me these days.

[EDIT] I forgot about Amy Klobuchar.

John

doucanoe
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I thought about him the other day when you said that Minnesota is a really blue state. It surprised me to hear you say that. Sure, you elected Paul Wellstone and Al Franken, barely, but you elected Jesse the Body, Tim Pawlenty and Norm Coleman too. The era of Hubert Humphrey and Fritz Mondale are pretty far in the past. Minnesota seems pretty purple to me these days.

[EDIT] I forgot about Amy Klobuchar.

John

You really have to look at our state legislature. Were are blue by strong margin and always have been. I really think that through the years, people around here have favored a split vote. Maybe moreso in the past than now.

I voted for Wellstone. I respected his refreshing take on things but as the years past by, I was very excited about the prospect of seeing him gone. Not the way it happened though. The circus that was made of his death by the DNC was an embarrassment to all involved. Don't get me started on Franken. Amy K. is a reasonable sort, to a point anyway.

Michele Bachmann is a wingnut... I figure I should give you that one in all fairness ;)

RC

Boreas
12-02-2009, 11:39 PM
You really have to look at our state legislature. Were are blue by strong margin and always have been. I really think that through the years, people around here have favored a split vote. Maybe moreso in the past than now.

I voted for Wellstone. I respected his refreshing take on things but as the years past by, I was very excited about the prospect of seeing him gone. Not the way it happened though. The circus that was made of his death by the DNC was an embarrassment to all involved. Don't get me started on Franken. Amy K. is a reasonable sort, to a point anyway.

Michele Bachmann is a wingnut... I figure I should give you that one in all fairness ;)

RC

I gather that the Senatorial race was as close as it was because nobody could stand either candidate. Apparently both of them ran pretty nasty campaigns and turned most people right off. Is that more or less your take?

I remember hearing video of Paul Wellstone's memorial service. I thought it was a tad unseemly but not to the extent the Republicans portrayed it. They spun it out of all proportion to reality for political advantage. It worked too.

Franken is a huge Wellstone fan. I think one of his main reasons for running may have been to win back Wellstone's seat from Norm Coleman. I believe he detests Coleman and couldn't bear the thought of him in the Senate instead of Wellstone.

I didn't mention Bachmann because I try to block her out of my consciousness. She's freakin' nuts!

John

Boreas
12-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Jesse was our Governor for a spell.

By the way, I cant help kinda liking the guy. I would never vote for him but I like him.

That comedian at the radio station really was trying to push his buttons. I think he wanted to get rich and famous by provoking Jesse into taking a poke at him.

John

BlueStreak
12-03-2009, 12:28 AM
That guy was an asshole and Jesse should have beaten the piss out of him.
I would have. I would have made that stupid fuck shit teeth right on the air.

Dave

doucanoe
12-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I gather that the Senatorial race was as close as it was because nobody could stand either candidate. Apparently both of them ran pretty nasty campaigns and turned most people right off. Is that more or less your take?

I remember hearing video of Paul Wellstone's memorial service. I thought it was a tad unseemly but not to the extent the Republicans portrayed it. They spun it out of all proportion to reality for political advantage. It worked too.

Franken is a huge Wellstone fan. I think one of his main reasons for running may have been to win back Wellstone's seat from Norm Coleman. I believe he detests Coleman and couldn't bear the thought of him in the Senate instead of Wellstone.

I didn't mention Bachmann because I try to block her out of my consciousness. She's freakin' nuts!

John

The campaigning was pretty ugly throughout. The recount was a travesty and I would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed. We really need to define what counts as a vote in this state and on a national level for that matter or this is going to happen in every close election. The cost to the people is extraordinary.

I'm a firm believer in preregistration and providing proper identification at the polling place. Also, any ballot that needs to be reviewed by a board to determine what he or she "meant" by the scribbled mess submitted to be rejected altogether. There are people there to help if voters are confused. If they go it alone and can't produce a readable ballot then tough shit. It should be tossed.

Although I'm not a huge Coleman fan, I wish that Franken would have just stuck with the Air America gig. A role much more suited to his "talents".

Bachmann... See, we hold common ground here.

RC

merrylander
12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
You mean you folks in MN have not switched to the machines they shoved down everyone's throat? Geez, how are we going to "fix" elections if you don't use computers.:D

doucanoe
12-03-2009, 08:42 AM
You mean you folks in MN have not switched to the machines they shoved down everyone's throat? Geez, how are we going to "fix" elections if you don't use computers.:D

I think you might be onto something there, Rob ;)

RC

finnbow
12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I thought Jesse showed remarkable restraint. I think he would have been justified shoving that jerk's 'nads down his throat.

Boreas
12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I thought Jesse showed remarkable restraint. I think he would have been justified shoving that jerk's 'nads down his throat.

Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I think that jerk was trying to get Jesse to hit hit him. There were enough people to break it up and then the guy would have been all over ET, Nancy Grace and Greta and trying to sue the hell out of Jesse.

Reality Reality TV.

John

Charles
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Jesse really should have charged the little prick like he was going to pull his head off...only stopping short. Especially after that smart assed comment about his haircut.

Then walked out laughing.

Chas

Charles
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I think that jerk was trying to get Jesse to hit hit him. There were enough people to break it up and then the guy would have been all over ET, Nancy Grace and Greta and trying to sue the hell out of Jesse.

Reality Reality TV.

John

I donno, I don't think there were nearly enough people there to pull Jesse off if he snapped. Least not quick enough.

Chas

Fast_Eddie
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I donno, I don't think there were nearly enough people there to pull Jesse off if he snapped. Least not quick enough.

Chas

I agree. I think if Jesse really did snap, that guy right next to him could be dead in pretty short order. But I think Jesse is probably too cool to snap. In fact, he demonstrated that. And at worst, he'd probably break the guy's nose.

d-ray657
12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
I wonder what went on the the 20 minutes before Jessee left. You notice on the tape, is says "20 minutes later." Some creative editing to make a point, when it appears that his real reason for leaving was another committment. It'a a shame that the radio show represents what has happened to discourse here, where people try to yell over each other rather than respond to points made. He who yells loudest and controls the mike wins the argument.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
12-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I wonder what went on the the 20 minutes before Jessee left. You notice on the tape, is says "20 minutes later." Some creative editing to make a point, when it appears that his real reason for leaving was another committment. It'a a shame that the radio show represents what has happened to discourse here, where people try to yell over each other rather than respond to points made. He who yells loudest and controls the mike wins the argument.

Regards,

D-Ray

The way "Little Opie" was conducting that interview, it would have said "five seconds later" before I was out the door.

The interesting thing about the link was that it was an attempt to make Jesse look bad. I didn't see that at all.

Chas

noonereal
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
The way "Little Opie" was conducting that interview, it would have said "five seconds later" before I was out the door.

The interesting thing about the link was that it was an attempt to make Jesse look bad. I didn't see that at all.

Chas

I don't know Chas, I just watched it again and saw something differant than you. :confused:

Grumpy
12-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I think that interview made them both look like chit. Opie is a second rate howard stern wannabe and Jesse is, well Jesse..

doucanoe
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
...and Jesse is, well Jesse..

That about sums it up.

RC

Independent
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
and Jesse is, well Jesse..

And thank goodness for that!

:D

Indy

Independent
12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
The campaigning was pretty ugly throughout. The recount was a travesty and I would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed. We really need to define what counts as a vote in this state and on a national level for that matter or this is going to happen in every close election. The cost to the people is extraordinary.

RC

Funny how you mention "if the roles were reversed!"

When Coleman "thought" he had won the election and Franken was considering having a recount done, Coleman mentioned in his "psuedo" acceptence speech, "that if he were Franken, he would just concede to save the Minnesota tax payers all of the recount money."

Kind of funny what happened after the recount when Franken was declared the "real" winner. Coleman didn't exactly concede like he said Franken should do, no, instead he fought the recount all the up to the Minnesota Supreme Court costing Minnesota tax payers 25 times more than just the recount alone would have cost!

Good job Norm!

But wait, Norm brought Hockey back to Minnesota!!!

Indy

doucanoe
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Funny how you mention "if the roles were reversed!"

When Coleman "thought" he had won the election and Franken was considering having a recount done, Coleman mentioned in his "psuedo" acceptence speech, "that if he were Franken, he would just concede to save the Minnesota tax payers all of the recount money."

Kind of funny what happened after the recount when Franken was declared the "real" winner. Coleman didn't exactly concede like he said Franken should do, no, instead he fought the recount all the up to the Minnesota Supreme Court costing Minnesota tax payers 25 times more than just the recount alone would have cost!

Good job Norm!

But wait, Norm brought Hockey back to Minnesota!!!

Indy

I honestly can't say for sure, but I really think the GOP had just a bit to do with him continuing on with it. Franken was poised to be a pivotal seat the Dems wanted and the GOP could ill afford to lose. I'm would imagine their were promises made to take care of him but in the end, I believe he was hung out to dry. Bye Norm!

HOCKEY: Yes he did I guess.

RC

Boreas
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I honestly can't say for sure, but I really think the GOP had just a bit to do with him continuing on with it. Franken was poised to be a pivotal seat the Dems wanted and the GOP could ill afford to lose. I'm would imagine their were promises made to take care of him but in the end, I believe he was hung out to dry. Bye Norm!

I think that's almost certainly true.

John

merrylander
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
They should have had Kathrine Harris supervizing the election.:rolleyes:

Boreas
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
They should have had Kathrine Harris supervizing the election.:rolleyes:

They have Pawlenty. My guess is the Republicans thought they had a lock on that seat.

John

merrylander
12-31-2009, 06:46 AM
Looking back, I spelt supervising with a Z, shoot they have brain washed me.

Charles
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM

See, you shouda staid in skool. Thems the kinda mistakes what people who ain't gotta one of them educations make.

All said and done, you're pretty sharp....especially for an old coot.

Take care,

Chas

Boreas
12-31-2009, 09:45 AM

That's okay. Just go have a little kip on the Chesterfield.

Oh, and don't forget to put the aluminium foil under your tuque.

John

BlueStreak
12-31-2009, 12:04 PM
I love Jesse Ventura.

Wish we had a thousand more like him.

Can't wait to see his show.

(I think I will send Limbaugh those cigars, with a picture of Obama and Pelosi getting it on in the Oval Office at the bottom. That'll finish the prick off. I know, I know---Schadenfreude......).

Dave

Dave

Boreas
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
I love Jesse Ventura.

Wish we had a thousand more like him.

Can't wait to see his show.

Should be titled "I Ain't Got Time To Bleed". ;)

The more I see of Jesse the Body the more I like him. I gather he was sort of a disaster as a governor so I don't think I'd like to see him in office again but he makes a great gadfly.

John

doucanoe
12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
He really wasn't a disaster at all. He just couldn't pull off what he set out to do. The money machine ate his lunch in the end.

RC

Boreas
12-31-2009, 01:05 PM
He really wasn't a disaster at all. He just couldn't pull off what he set out to do. The money machine ate his lunch in the end.

RC

Not surprising. Who can?

John

Charles
01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
One thing about Jesse, he appears to call 'em like he sees 'em, and I don't think he's afraid of anyone. And to the best of my knowledge, he's honest.

No wonder he didn't do well in politics.

Chas