PDA

View Full Version : Iran becomes more humane.

piece-itpete
10-04-2013, 06:20 PM
"Iran unveils finger amputating machine for use on thieves

Iran has unveiled its latest innovation in criminal punishment – a machine that cuts off the fingers of thieves.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02464/iran-amputation_2464259c.jpg

By Phoebe Greenwood in Tel Aviv
1:20PM GMT 28 Jan 2013

Photographs appearing to show a blindfolded man having his fingers severed by the mechanical amputation device have been published by an official Iranian press agency.

According to the INSA news service, the prisoner used to demonstrate the brutal contraption had been convicted of theft and adultery by a court in Shiraz last Wednesday.

A series of pictures show three masked officials, clad entirely in black, holding the man's right hand in a vice while one turns a wheel operating the guillotine in the manner of a rotary saw.

Following the public amputation, Ali Alghasi, the Shiraz district's public prosecutor, announced sentences against criminals are to become increasingly severe.

This warning, issued without explanation, may be an attempt by authorities to deter public protest ahead of June's general elections.

........"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9831727/Iran-unveils-finger-amputating-machine-for-use-on-thieves.html

Old but interesting.

I call it, the FingerFlinger, used by only the best sharia governments worldwide. When you want to punish adultery right, count on the FingerFlinger.

Pete

bobabode
10-04-2013, 06:29 PM
That's what you get in a theocracy, bro. Brutal and mean.

BlueStreak
10-04-2013, 06:32 PM
It's a kinder, gentler Iran.

BlueStreak
10-04-2013, 06:36 PM
That's what you get in a theocracy, bro. Brutal and mean.

Well that's Muslims for ya.

Christians just burn them at the stake, disembowel them, toss them down an oubliette, stretch them on the rack or draw-n-quarter them... Or at least they might resume doing those things if the government hadn't outlawed such things.............:rolleyes:

Dave

finnbow
10-04-2013, 07:43 PM
It's absolutely nothing different than our beloved ally, Saudi Arabia, has been doing for decades. I have many friends who worked in Saudi back in the '70's and the police would round up people on the street (including my friends) and force them to watch stonings and hands being cut off in the public square. Just because Iran, our current enemy, is doing it doesn't make it any worse than what our ally, Saudi Arabia, has done for generations. Hell, we propped up Savak in the Shah's Iran for many years and they made all of this stuff look like child's play.

piece-itpete
10-07-2013, 09:53 AM
It's a brave old world.

Dave, the same folks who outlawed it? ;)

Pete

BlueStreak
10-07-2013, 09:59 AM
It's a brave old world.

Dave, the same folks who outlawed it? ;)

Pete

No, the ones who insisted on the Wall of Separation. Smartass.:p