PDA

View Full Version : A Christians leaves a tip for a gay waiter ...

finnbow
10-26-2013, 04:56 PM
... not!

“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours. We hope you will see the tip your fag choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD’S love, but none shall be spared for fags. May GOD have mercy on you.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/25/carrabbas-gay-message-no-tip-_n_4163475.html

Very classy.:rolleyes:

donquixote99
10-26-2013, 08:08 PM
WTF does approving of a person's private conduct have to do with 'conscience?' Is it some kind of sin to tip a gay waiter? If so, it's some kind of sin to be served by one, isn't it? Given their convictions, they should have walked out. Since they didn't, but instead accepted his service, offered by him in good faith, they are obligated to provide the customary tip.

BTW, the IRS will assume he was tipped, and tax him for it.

Charles
10-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a crock of shit to me, kinda like the Red Lobster waitress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/red-lobster-customer-claims-racist-bad-tipper-article-1.1490962

And even if you find an isolated example of "God hates fags" outside of the Westboro Baptist Church...what exactly is the significance?

There are assholes and hypocrites in society?

Chas

donquixote99
10-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Yep. That's the point. There are assholes and hypocrites who claim it is their duty to treat gay people badly when they have the ability to do it.

It will be denied, indeed, you seem to want to deny it. So the point must be made, when we have the ability to do it.

bobabode
10-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Cheap & narrow minded effin' bigots.

Zeke
10-27-2013, 02:07 AM
“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD..."

I would have thought that taking it upon yourself to judge others would be the "affront to God."

But hey, what do I know? :rolleyes:

merrylander
10-27-2013, 06:30 AM
I would have thought that taking it upon yourself to judge others would be the "affront to God."

I think you nailed it Zeke,:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Sounds like a crock of shit to me, kinda like the Red Lobster waitress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/red-lobster-customer-claims-racist-bad-tipper-article-1.1490962

And even if you find an isolated example of "God hates fags" outside of the Westboro Baptist Church...what exactly is the significance?

There are assholes and hypocrites in society?

Chas

Yep. That's the point. There are assholes and hypocrites who claim it is their duty to treat gay people badly when they have the ability to do it.

It will be denied, indeed, you seem to want to deny it. So the point must be made, when we have the ability to do it.

Don, I think the point is that we' supposed to respect the bigots right to be a bigot.

I say "f**k that". I say if a bigot goes around treating people like shit, the rest of us are obligated to treat the bigot like shit. It's poetic justice to bully the bullies.

If this story is true, I hope the names are publicly released so we can ruin the bible thumping pricks life.

Have a great day!

Dave

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 07:18 AM

I think you nailed it Zeke,:rolleyes:

He frequently does.

merrylander
10-27-2013, 09:20 AM
He frequently does.

Besides nowhere in he New Testament is there any condemnation of sexual orientation.:p

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Amazing, how so many don't get the distinction between New and Old Testament or see the contradictory nature of that relationship.

Personally, I have a problem with accepting a two thousand year old book as the "Word of God", verbatim. Two millennia is more than sufficient time for MEN and their man made religious organizations to add their personal intent, bias and prejudices.

Dave

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't know what your life experience has been. But, I learned as a teenager that most bigots are also bullies and most bullies are dumb as a day is long. And, the only way you can reach them is to beat the crap out of them early on...... Otherwise, you will suffer their abuse indefinitely. Appeasement, with such people, does not work.

noonereal
10-27-2013, 03:29 PM
... not!

“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours. We hope you will see the tip your fag choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD’S love, but none shall be spared for fags. May GOD have mercy on you.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/25/carrabbas-gay-message-no-tip-_n_4163475.html

Very classy.:rolleyes:

Cheap people use every excuse in the book to justify their sin of greed.

noonereal
10-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't know what your life experience has been. But, I learned as a teenager that most bigots are also bullies and most bullies are dumb as a day is long. And, the only way you can reach them is to beat the crap out of them early on...... Otherwise, you will suffer their abuse indefinitely. Appeasement, with such people, does not work.

Of course bullies are dumb, the bullying is them compensating for their feelings of inadequacy.

Really all they are doing is tipping off others as to how fragile their psyche is.

We had a serious bully in the nearby high school. He pulled his crap on the wrong guy and was shot dead at the local gas station.

JJIII
10-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Of course bullies are dumb, the bullying is them compensating for their feelings of inadequacy.

Really all they are doing is tipping off others as to how fragile their psyche is.

We had a serious bully in the nearby high school. He pulled his crap on the wrong guy and was shot dead at the local gas station.

Sounds like the biggest bully won.:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 05:54 PM

No.

Dave

bobabode
10-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Sounds like the opposite to me. The bully wound up picking on someone who'd had enough of taking crap from dickheads.

An old high school chum who was very slightly built took up martial arts and carried nunchucks. Once at a keg party a linebacker type cut the line to the beer and my old friend politely asked this shit fer brains to get in line. One thing led to another and the bully tried to grab Steve and wound up knocked out cold. Everyone laughed as they stepped over the lug to get a beer. He woke up and staggered away after about 5 minutes. :D

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 06:03 PM

That's right. Any deviance from their perceived "norm" is a threat. You're threatening the bullies ego by demonstrating that you don't have to "be like him" in order to lead a happy, successful life. In fact you might be gay or a liberal and become even more successful than he. This threatens his "exceptionalism" and sends him into a hissy fit. Because, in his fucked up, pathetic brain it just can't work that way, so he does whatever he has to to drag you down.

Sound familiar, Ed?;)

donquixote99
10-27-2013, 10:43 PM

Nah. Another bully would have pushed back in bully fashion, the first would have understood 'hey, he's not going to be any fun,' and that would have been that.

The guy who shot him was as person who had seen that shit before, and wanted no more of it. But he wasn't a bully. A bully wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

BlueStreak
10-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Nah. Another bully would have pushed back in bully fashion, the first would have understood 'hey, he's not going to be any fun,' and that would have been that.

The guy who shot him was as person who had seen that shit before, and wanted no more of it. But he wasn't a bully. A bully wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

He was probably someone who had appeased the bully for far too long, suffering months or years of abuse. As far as I'm concerned all he did was flush a turd. Sadly, he'll probably go to jail for it, when IMO he should be given a medal.

donquixote99
10-27-2013, 11:03 PM
If I were on the jury, I'd buy a plea of 'temporary insanity...'

Tom Joad
10-29-2013, 07:45 PM

I agree with that.

And yes, sometimes the bully will kick your ass.

If that happens you have to let him know that he is going to have to kick your ass every time he sees you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n0mgkaEGQc

merrylander
10-30-2013, 06:50 AM

I learned very early that the Marquess of Queensbury was an idiot. When I finally got one bully down I sat on his stomach and beat the crap out of him till they pulled me off. The others pretty much left me alone after that incident.

piece-itpete
10-30-2013, 10:37 AM
He was probably someone who had appeased the bully for far too long, suffering months or years of abuse. As far as I'm concerned all he did was flush a turd. Sadly, he'll probably go to jail for it, when IMO he should be given a medal.

The peacemaker is the great leveler too ;)

Pete

one1
11-12-2013, 09:22 AM
you know i read somewere that as you judge,so shall you be judged. God is the ONE the "I am"so leave it to him like hank said "if you mind your own business you wouldn't be minding mine".
but some will not change but that should not be judged neither.:)

Dude111
11-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a crock of shit to me, kinda like the Red Lobster waitress.Yes its,quite stupid..... I DO HOPE ITS FAKE!!

piece-itpete
11-26-2013, 11:39 AM
"Family Denies Writing Anti-Gay Message On Receipt For Waitress Dayna Morales, Claims It's A Hoax"

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1483409/thumbs/o-FAMILY-GAY-WAITRESS-570.jpg?5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/family-anti-gay-receipt-hoax_n_4343563.html

.-.-.-.-.-.

On the news this AM the family also showed the line item on their statement matching their receipt.

Pete

donquixote99
11-26-2013, 12:17 PM
It was plausible. Some people do get rather aggressive about their 'christian duty.'

I of course denounce the hoaxers. Off with their heads!

Charles
11-26-2013, 06:10 PM
"Family Denies Writing Anti-Gay Message On Receipt For Waitress Dayna Morales, Claims It's A Hoax"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/family-anti-gay-receipt-hoax_n_4343563.html

.-.-.-.-.-.

On the news this AM the family also showed the line item on their statement matching their receipt.

Pete

Thank you Peter, I now stand vindicated in the eyes of my peers.

And as much as I would like to credit my superior intellect and logical abilities for piercing the fog of deceit and arriving at the proper conclusion...I can only thank my humble

Chas

BlueStreak
11-26-2013, 06:42 PM
It was plausible. Some people do get rather aggressive about their 'christian duty.'

I of course denounce the hoaxers. Off with their heads!

+1. That's how I see it. And, I still stand by my statements.

Dave

BlueStreak
11-26-2013, 06:48 PM
The peacemaker is the great leveler too ;)

Pete

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the Sons of God. Unless, of course they live in the United States. Then they shall be called "So(c)ialist America haters" and ridiculed as "Weak on defense.".:rolleyes:

Book of Bluestreak 5:9.

Dave

merrylander
11-27-2013, 06:49 AM
One is the merchants copy the other is the customer copy, draw your own conclusions.

Tom Joad
11-27-2013, 08:12 AM
+1. That's how I see it. And, I still stand by my statements.

Dave

I'll second that.

piece-itpete
11-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Thank you Peter, I now stand vindicated in the eyes of my peers.

And as much as I would like to credit my superior intellect and logical abilities for piercing the fog of deceit and arriving at the proper conclusion...I can only thank my humble

Chas

LOL!

Interesting that everyone still stands by.

Rob they showed a copy of their bank statement too. The restaurant is investigating.

Pete

Charles
11-27-2013, 08:29 AM
LOL!

Rob they showed a copy of their bank statement too. The restaurant is investigating.

Pete

What's that got to do with anything?

As far as that goes, what does any of this have to do with anything? Other than fraud.

BTW Pete, see you Sunday at the Westboro Baptist Church. Don't be late, we're going to crucify a fag.

Chas

piece-itpete
11-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Another day in paradise.

Pete

bobabode
11-27-2013, 01:50 PM
What's that got to do with anything?

As far as that goes, what does any of this have to do with anything? Other than fraud.

BTW Pete, see you Sunday at the Westboro Baptist Church. Don't be late, we're going to crucify a fag.

Chas

Another day in paradise.

Pete

While you're at it...Why don't you guys just snatch up one of our Medal of Honor recipients and burn him at the stake?

piece-itpete
11-27-2013, 01:53 PM
The icing on the cake.

Pete

merrylander
11-27-2013, 02:25 PM
LOL!

Pete

I really don't care if they produced the Family Bible, the Merchant's copy is the one they produce for the credit card company and it shows no tip. The customer could show a $1000 tip on his/her copy but that does not mean their card will be billed $1000. Now on the other hand the waiter could write mary had a little lamb on the merchant copy if he wanted to

Charles
11-27-2013, 02:55 PM
I really don't care if they produced the Family Bible, the Merchant's copy is the one they produce for the credit card company and it shows no tip. The customer could show a $1000 tip on his/her copy but that does not mean their card will be billed $1000. Now on the other hand the waiter could write mary had a little lamb on the merchant copy if he wanted to

If what I read was correct, their credit card statement was billed for the tip.

Chas

Charles
11-27-2013, 02:58 PM
While you're at it...Why don't you guys just snatch up one of our Medal of Honor recipients and burn him at the stake?

That's one helluva idea. Then we can go protest at his funeral!!!

Chas

merrylander
11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
If what I read was correct, their credit card statement was billed for the tip.

Chas

Then where did the Merchant copy they showed above come from? Far as I know restaurants are kind of guarded with what the cash register produces otherwise it make life tough for thr bookkeeper to balance things.

Charles
11-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Then where did the Merchant copy they showed above come from? Far as I know restaurants are kind of guarded with what the cash register produces otherwise it make life tough for thr bookkeeper to balance things.

You've got me. Can you print two copies of the same ticket and only enter one? I've never operated a credit card machine.

As far as that goes, I don't think I've ever got a customers receipt that looked like that one, then again, I never really look at them.

Something's not right.

Chas

donquixote99
11-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Somebody is faking stuff, either the customer or the 'restaurant person.' Either one could photocopy or scan original documents and introduce changes.

Wasillaguy
11-27-2013, 07:05 PM
I was having a hard time figuring out how this thread started on 10/26 but the receipt is dated 11/13. Finally figured out there were two separate incidents.
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know, but it's not exactly clear when reading through the thread.

BlueStreak
11-27-2013, 07:15 PM

.-.-.-.-.-.

Pete

Robs right, IMO. The lying "Christians" are full of shit. Look closely at both copies. The printed total is $93.55 on both documents. (Small print above where it says "CUSTOMER COPY".)

Dave

Wasillaguy
11-27-2013, 07:25 PM
I saw that too Dave, but I believe the printed amount doesn't include the tip, as it is the amount the establishment brought in on the transaction. After all, both copies are produced prior to handing it to the customer to add on tip and sign. We haven't seen the final copy produced after they actually charged the CC.

Also, to clarify, it was the first incident that involved Christian customers. I don't believe the customer in this copycat hoax incident supposedly made any claim as to religion.

donquixote99
11-27-2013, 07:32 PM
I was having a hard time figuring out how this thread started on 10/26 but the receipt is dated 11/13. Finally figured out there were two seperate incidents.
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know, but it's not exactly clear when reading through the thread.

I didn't read closely enough either. Yes, two separate cases.

BlueStreak
11-27-2013, 07:45 PM
I saw that too Dave, but I believe the printed amount doesn't include the tip, as it is the amount the establishment brought in on the transaction. After all, both copies are produced prior to handing it to the customer to add on tip and sign. We haven't seen the final copy produced after they actually charged the CC.

Also, to clarify, it was the first incident that involved Christian customers. I don't believe the customer in this copycat hoax incident supposedly made any claim as to religion.

True. But, this means they still prove nothing with the customer copy.

I missed the change of incidence too. My bad.

Dave

barbara
11-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Two different incidents? I didn't catch that in the article.

I interpreted the two different dates as someone trying to (ahem) 'fix' the receipt after the fact.

But, I don't know.... Anything could have happened.

BlueStreak
11-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Barbara,

This thread starts out with one incident and shifts to an unrelated second...............

Dave

barbara
11-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Barbara,

This thread starts out with one incident and shifts to an unrelated second...............

Dave

Thanks, Bluestreak. I lost track of it along the way.

Wasillaguy
11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
I'd venture to say the two incidents are related, in the aspect that this waitress faked her incident after seeing the original incident in the news.
Either looking for her 15 minutes of fame, or trying to fan the flames of gay persecution, or even a little of both.

donquixote99
11-27-2013, 11:00 PM
From our POV, we can't tell who is faking it, either time. That takes 'forensic' examination of the documents and other evidence.

merrylander
11-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Note the handwriting in the 55 of 93.55 on both copies, similsr? Whatever I have better things to do.

Wasillaguy
11-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Note the handwriting in the 55 of 93.55 on both copies, similsr? Whatever I have better things to do.

I did compare the number 5 in particular. On one, the top horizontal line is flat, on the other it's curved.
On the corner where the vertical line transitions to the circular, one is sharp, the other rounded.
On one, the circular extends slightly beyond the 180 degree mark at the bottom, on the other it doesn't.

I guess I didn't have anything better to do.:eek:

barbara
11-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I did compare the number 5 in particular. On one, the top horizontal line is flat, on the other it's curved.
On the corner where the vertical line transitions to the circular, one is sharp, the other rounded.
On one, the circular extends slightly beyond the 180 degree mark at the bottom, on the other it doesn't.

I think handwriting analysis is a fascinating science. Looks like you have a knack for it, Wasillaguy.

Charles
11-28-2013, 08:08 PM

You must have wasted a good 30 seconds of your life.

That's about how long it took me to look at the documents and come to the same conclusion.

When you get right down to it, this is just another agenda driven subject of no consequence.

Chas

piece-itpete
12-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I didn't read closely enough either. Yes, two separate cases.

Oops. :o

Pete

Dude111
05-09-2014, 11:18 AM
One is the merchants copy the other is the customer copy, draw your own conclusions.Either of two could be possible

1) THE CUSTOMER DID WRITE IT AND IS LYING ABOUT IT..
2) ANOTHER EMPLOYEE WROTE IT!!

Seeing how CHRISTIANS CAN BE,I would say #1 is more plausable!!