PDA

View Full Version : F(@#ing liberals

Fast_Eddie
12-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Hit a man where he lives.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/439909-Broadcasters_Squeezed_by_Convergence_Push.php

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/439843-FCC_Spectrum_Scholar_Takes_Dead_Aim_At_Broadcaster s.php

I'll be the first to say it, some crazy ideas over at the FCC now 'days. This Stuart Benjamin is a little out there for my tastes.

merrylander
12-15-2009, 10:14 AM
The FCC has always been a collection of barking idiots, doubt we will see a change anytime soon. So are they proposing to buy up all the digital transmitters they forced the broadcasters to switch to less than a year ago?

Fast_Eddie
12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
The FCC has always been a collection of barking idiots, doubt we will see a change anytime soon. So are they proposing to buy up all the digital transmitters they forced the broadcasters to switch to less than a year ago?

What do you think?

Boreas
12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking that the problem was the industry push for over the air digital conversion in the first place. Broadband has been the obvious path to the future for some time.

John

Fast_Eddie
12-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking that the problem was the industry push for over the air digital conversion in the first place.

"The Industry" didn't push for anything. We were quite happy with things they way they were. The government decided we needed digital TV.

Boreas
12-15-2009, 11:16 AM
"The Industry" didn't push for anything. We were quite happy with things they way they were. The government decided we needed digital TV.

Okay, I'll stand corrected on that but I still think it was the digital conversion that was the real mistake. Broadband is the way to go and to delay just because we spent money on a dead-end technology would just be another mistake.

Don't you think so, Ed? You're far more informed than I. Should we let over the air broadcasting run out the string here while the rest of the world goes broadband?

John