PDA

View Full Version : A nice flash movie

Dude111
11-16-2013, 09:24 AM
"In God we trust"

http://web.archive.org/web/20050306162710/http://www.interviewwithgod.com/patriotic/patrioticwebstream.swf

Very well done :)

merrylander
11-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Yet was it not strange that most of these men owned slaves.

merrylander
11-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Sure killed this one in a hurry.:)

donquixote99
11-17-2013, 09:19 AM
For those with 'God and Country' buttons, you can get them pressed here!

There is one claim in there worth considering soberly: 'virtue is impossible without God' or something like that. Virtue can be seen lacking in both the ungodly and the 'godly,' so we can first of all note that religious profession is not always sufficient for virtue. Likewise, 'virtuous heathens' have always existed, so it likewise is not always necessary. And finally, there are endless examples of people who find in their religion an empowering of their malice, people for whom the belief in divine favor renders them immune to decent restraint. While kind and even saintly persons of religion must certainly be noted, I wonder if the pious hope that religion promises virtue is in the main justified.

BlueStreak
11-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Well stated, Don.

Dave

BlueStreak
11-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Yet was it not strange that most of these men owned slaves.

Some of them fathering illegitimate children with women that they "owned" and refused to acknowledge.

But, I'll leave my pedestal tipping distaste for sappy hero worship right there. Some people get all ruffled up over it.

Dave

piece-itpete
11-18-2013, 11:11 AM
There's a very good argument that without slave owners input early on we wouldn't have been free this long.

Most of the founders knew that our freedom could not be sustained without morality.

Pete

merrylander
11-18-2013, 01:29 PM
There's a very good argument that without slave owners input early on we wouldn't have been free this long.

Most of the founders knew that our freedom could not be sustained without morality.

Pete

Quite possibly but I still find it reather hypocritical for them to speak out and write at great length about freedom.:rolleyes: