PDA

View Full Version : I Feel .............

juliovideo
12-15-2009, 02:41 PM
........CUBA. !

Interesting documentary by Andy Garcia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ1SZ80ptNs

http://www.therealcuba.com/splash_banner6.jpg

-------------

Boreas
12-15-2009, 02:55 PM
A very sad and heart wrenching film. It must be inexpressibly tragic to lose one's country.

John

BlueStreak
12-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks for sharing.

juliovideo
07-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Cuba's Hope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTpKX5bNRBk

http://www.therealcuba.com/splash_banner2011.jpg

------------

juliovideo
09-24-2011, 12:11 PM
On my brave heart is engraved
The sorrow hidden from all eyes:
The son of a land enslaved,
Lives for it, suffers and dies.

Jose Marti.

We are all resistance.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSHgYlkQ5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqowbdC4ZPc

--------------

Dondilion
09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
While I hope that one day Cuba will be free I am ambivalent to a lot of the people who inhabit and drive the resistance.

Charles
09-26-2011, 04:45 PM
While I hope that one day Cuba will be free I am ambivalent to a lot of the people who inhabit and drive the resistance.

I just wanna be able to buy some decent cigars.

Chas

finnbow
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Chas

... and some Havana Club rum. Very good stuff.

BlueStreak
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Chas

You can. Bought some Cubans, years ago in Mexico. Not bad, but nothing to go to jail over either.

Dave

Charles
09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
You can. Bought some Cubans, years ago in Mexico. Not bad, but nothing to go to jail over either.

Dave

I think you can buy them in Canada as well, or so I was told.

Chas

Bigerik
09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
I think you can buy them in Canada as well, or so I was told.

Chas

Yup!
I have a bunch of Romeo Y Julieta Churchills in the humidor.

BlueStreak
09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Bought some Rocky Patel "Vintage 1999 Connecticut" a couple hours ago. Time to clip-n-burn.

djv8ga
09-30-2011, 03:12 PM

Dave
Eric Holder...are you listening? :p

piece-itpete
09-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Eric Holder...are you listening? :p

Hell he sold the cigars :D

Pete

djv8ga
09-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Hell he sold the cigars :D

Pete
Guns & Cigars...?
The dude is a Capitalist pig.

d-ray657
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Bought some Cubans, years ago in Mexico. Not bad, but nothing to go to jail over either.

Dave

You gotta go that far to buy a hooker?

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
09-30-2011, 06:02 PM
You gotta go that far to buy a hooker?

Regards,

D-Ray

Pete has a word for that.

Chas

juliovideo
03-16-2012, 05:17 PM

Letter from a U.S. citizen Andy Bergen.

http://thatcubanguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/3094299_400x400.jpg?w=450

English

Cubans Sins

The first sin was his appreciation of the Cuban unreasonable by the standard of living and progress.
The second sin was that before 1959 the Cuban currency was worth more than the dollar.
The third sin was to make good music for the world.

But the worst sin of Cubans was build a large city of what was once a swamp in Florida to become the U.S. port to the Americas and forced a point of world tourism. Who denied this sin to Cuban industry is an epilogue or complexed.
Then, the Cubans are bad, average or good? Jesus gave a pattern for human behavior when he said: “you will be known from your acts” . So you have in Miami a ruler to measure the Cubans.

I’m not of Cuban descent. Nor do I believe that the Cubans will be, because the real Cubans were the Tainos, the Siboney and Guanajatabeyes which populated the beautiful island, but were exterminated by those who later gave birth to the new Cuban people.

I think the expression of being Cuban as a title of nobility. You can not even say that Cubans is a race. In the Cuban people, there is everything: white europeans, blacks, mulattos, and even Asians. You can find a Chinese dancing rumba and saying:… ¿Que bola mi socio?…(What’s up partner)

In my opinion, the Cuban is just a well-designed genetic project in a place called Cuba. I really believe that Cuba is not like any other Latin American countries. Perhaps its location or its Euro-African heritage that makes them so special.

Cubans speak laud, gesticulate with their hands, they are arrogant and laugh about everybody and anything in the world, but also of themselves and their misfortunes. The Cuban is usually not a racist, but it is classicist, I once told a friend, referring to the Cuban social castes supposedly eliminated in Cuba so that the mob is mixed with the upper and educated class. However, the Cuban freed the blacks long before the blacks Americans were free. In Cuba they were never called Afro Cuban, but simply Cubans. The blacks in Cuba is just as Cuban as white or mestizo.

However, Cubans, especially those in Miami, are one of the most vilified people in the world. I sincerely believe that there is a lot of envy in the criticism. Bother so much success, the five lawmakers in the Congress , its enormous economic power and political influence, his eagerness to work and progress, the imposition of their language and their customs, and more.
Cubans, for their ingenuity and industriousness, it can never loose their fate. You always have all those races and ethnic groups that do not support the success of others and want to crush the winners.

I lived in Miami in the 60s, when the Cubans began arriving in large quantities. They had nothing, just a great pride and immense pain of having to leave behind his beautiful island.I soon realized that these people had not come to United States in search of a “meal”. With the soul of settlers came in search of progress and freedom of ideas and expression, and conquered these lands, then adjourning to the large cosmopolitan city that is Miami today What would have been on the island of Cuba to its people if it had not truncated creativity and entrepreneurship? It would probably be the real pearl of the Antilles, Latin America and the envy of many towns.

Cubans are comparable to the Jewish community in the United States and Italians, who rose triumphant after years of vicissitudes. What would some day if Cubans are leaving? No other people would make it both flavor and joy to the city of Miami That is why I like both the lyrics of the Cuban singer Marisela Verena … We Cubans and the rest of humanity …

Andy Bergen.
(a proud American who admires the Cubans)

..........watch this video

Movie of Havana in 1930 in English.

This movie was filmed 82 years ago.!!

After seeing this film, view photos of today and compare these with what existed in 1930. The challenge him to tell me how many cities in America at that time could be compared with our Havana. Clean, elegant, progress, happiness, and a special order that was forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&hl=es&v=fEMYLkpYxX8

------------------------

djv8ga
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I hate cuba. We should just sink the whole damn thing and be done with it. :)

bobabode
03-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I want their old cars.

djv8ga
03-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I want their old cars.
I want their young women.

juliovideo
03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Thank God that this nation was founded by great men! like... George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln.

;)

But there are also other great men who .......... struggle, work, and want freedom for the oppressed by the communist dictatorship.

----------------------

djv8ga
03-16-2012, 10:39 PM
But there are also other great men who .......... struggle, work, and want freedom for the oppressed by the communist dictatorship.

----------------------

Thanks for the props dude. :) We will kick Obama out just for you bro.

juliovideo
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
thanks for the props dude. :) we will kick obama out just for you bro.

:)

-------------------

bobabode
03-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the props dude. :) We will kick Obama out just for you bro.

Bese mi culo, pinche huero!

BlueStreak
03-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Letter from a U.S. citizen Andy Bergen.

http://thatcubanguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/3094299_400x400.jpg?w=450

English

Cubans Sins

The first sin was his appreciation of the Cuban unreasonable by the standard of living and progress.
The second sin was that before 1959 the Cuban currency was worth more than the dollar.
The third sin was to make good music for the world.

But the worst sin of Cubans was build a large city of what was once a swamp in Florida to become the U.S. port to the Americas and forced a point of world tourism. Who denied this sin to Cuban industry is an epilogue or complexed.
Then, the Cubans are bad, average or good? Jesus gave a pattern for human behavior when he said: “you will be known from your acts” . So you have in Miami a ruler to measure the Cubans.

I’m not of Cuban descent. Nor do I believe that the Cubans will be, because the real Cubans were the Tainos, the Siboney and Guanajatabeyes which populated the beautiful island, but were exterminated by those who later gave birth to the new Cuban people.

I think the expression of being Cuban as a title of nobility. You can not even say that Cubans is a race. In the Cuban people, there is everything: white europeans, blacks, mulattos, and even Asians. You can find a Chinese dancing rumba and saying:… ¿Que bola mi socio?…(What’s up partner)

In my opinion, the Cuban is just a well-designed genetic project in a place called Cuba. I really believe that Cuba is not like any other Latin American countries. Perhaps its location or its Euro-African heritage that makes them so special.

Cubans speak laud, gesticulate with their hands, they are arrogant and laugh about everybody and anything in the world, but also of themselves and their misfortunes. The Cuban is usually not a racist, but it is classicist, I once told a friend, referring to the Cuban social castes supposedly eliminated in Cuba so that the mob is mixed with the upper and educated class. However, the Cuban freed the blacks long before the blacks Americans were free. In Cuba they were never called Afro Cuban, but simply Cubans. The blacks in Cuba is just as Cuban as white or mestizo.

However, Cubans, especially those in Miami, are one of the most vilified people in the world. I sincerely believe that there is a lot of envy in the criticism. Bother so much success, the five lawmakers in the Congress , its enormous economic power and political influence, his eagerness to work and progress, the imposition of their language and their customs, and more.
Cubans, for their ingenuity and industriousness, it can never loose their fate. You always have all those races and ethnic groups that do not support the success of others and want to crush the winners.

I lived in Miami in the 60s, when the Cubans began arriving in large quantities. They had nothing, just a great pride and immense pain of having to leave behind his beautiful island.I soon realized that these people had not come to United States in search of a “meal”. With the soul of settlers came in search of progress and freedom of ideas and expression, and conquered these lands, then adjourning to the large cosmopolitan city that is Miami today What would have been on the island of Cuba to its people if it had not truncated creativity and entrepreneurship? It would probably be the real pearl of the Antilles, Latin America and the envy of many towns.

Cubans are comparable to the Jewish community in the United States and Italians, who rose triumphant after years of vicissitudes. What would some day if Cubans are leaving? No other people would make it both flavor and joy to the city of Miami That is why I like both the lyrics of the Cuban singer Marisela Verena … We Cubans and the rest of humanity …

Andy Bergen.
(a proud American who admires the Cubans)

..........watch this video

Movie of Havana in 1930 in English.

This movie was filmed 82 years ago.!!

After seeing this film, view photos of today and compare these with what existed in 1930. The challenge him to tell me how many cities in America at that time could be compared with our Havana. Clean, elegant, progress, happiness, and a special order that was forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&hl=es&v=fEMYLkpYxX8

------------------------

Overthrow your own government, loser. Why should we have to do your dirty work for you? Stop snifing around for us Americans to send our kids to die for you. Do it yourself!

Dave

Dondilion
03-17-2012, 08:40 AM
The irony of it all is that Cuba is one of the safest place on mother earth.
Safer than Miami, certainly safer than Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Quatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti etc.

Charles
03-17-2012, 09:08 AM
The irony of it all is that Cuba is one of the safest place on mother earth.
Safer than Miami, certainly safer the Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Quatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti etc.

One of the advantages of living in a dirt poor country run by a dictatorship.

Chas

Dondilion
03-17-2012, 10:10 AM
One of the advantages of living in a dirt poor country run by a dictatorship.

Chas

Yeah compare to living in Columbia, where the powerful is always striving to to run you off or take away your land for drug cultivation and where kidnappers abound, or in Quatemala where a village is oft suspect if its inhabitants are Mayan descendants.

In absolute terms Cuba is very rich compare to many of its neighbors. It could do much better if it was not for the efforts of its exile community in South florida. We trade with Vietnam, a country in which we lost 56 thousands souls.

Ironically the greatest threat to Cuba is its large mass of very literate educated young people. Whereas the older folks are more forgiven because they remember what it was, the younger ones have no such memories.

Just trying to put things in perspective.:D

finnbow
03-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Regardless of their politics, I'd love to visit there for a week or two exploring music, food, culture & history.

merrylander
03-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I could renew my Canadian passport and fly down anytme, but since it involves airplanes forget it.

Charles
03-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Regardless of their politics, I'd love to visit there for a week or two exploring music, food, culture & history.

To tell the truth, the place is a dive, and I'd enjoy it better than going to the Ritz.

I figure it would be like the Mexican Riviera without the wannabee snobs.

Chas

finnbow
03-17-2012, 04:04 PM
To tell the truth, the place is a dive, and I'd enjoy it better than going to the Ritz.

I figure it would be like the Mexican Riviera without the wannabee snobs.

Chas

No question in my mind that I'd rather spend a week in Cuba than a week in Cancun.

Big_Bill
03-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Bese mi culo, pinche huero!

sí, es muy optimista!

pero no mira muy promicing en este momento.

Bill

BlueStreak
03-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Always wanted to go to Cuba......Some fine tail to be found down there. Cigars are out. Don't smoke at all anymore.

juliovideo
03-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Overthrow your own government, loser. Why should we have to do your dirty work for you? Stop snifing around for us Americans to send our kids to die for you. Do it yourself!

Dave

In another thread you said something right ......... but here you missed . :)

------------------

juliovideo
03-23-2016, 06:51 AM
President Obama speech in Cuba.

https://youtu.be/wEw3H0C-Lj8

------------

noonereal
03-23-2016, 06:56 AM
No question in my mind that I'd rather spend a week in Cuba than a week in Cancun.

same here

Pio1980
03-23-2016, 07:35 AM

It would certainly be safer, for now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

finnbow
03-23-2016, 09:03 AM
It would certainly be safer, for now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

And far more interesting. Cancun is like a beached cruise ship.