PDA

View Full Version : CostCo labels King James Version Fiction

bobabode
11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-costco-labels-bible-fiction-20131120,0,2267292.story#axzz2lFTzDMCw

I can't wait for the Palin-ites to breathlessly exclaim that their followers should shun Costco this Xmas shopping season...Thumpers Unite!:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm surprised Republicans don't hate Costco for being too nice to their employees. They probably haven't realized that such intolerable generosity is going on over there. I'm sure they'll get around to it.

Oh, and as to the OP....

So what? It's all fiction. No shocker there.

Dave

bobabode
11-20-2013, 11:50 PM
It could've been in the self help section and they would still gripe and groan.;)

Charles
11-21-2013, 06:50 AM
If you want to talk about fiction, how about the Pledge of Allegiance?

Chas

piece-itpete
11-21-2013, 08:15 AM
OUCH!

Pete

donquixote99
11-21-2013, 08:16 AM
It just says 'liberty and justice for all.' It doesn't say how much.

MikeG22
11-21-2013, 11:17 AM
How would they like a book filled with multi headed serpents, giants, and magic categorized?

Charles
11-21-2013, 07:09 PM
It just says 'liberty and justice for all.' It doesn't say how much.

Doesn't say much of anything, whenever you get right down to it.

Myself, I've never put too much stock into loyalty oaths. They are an insult to the man with integrity, and meaningless to the man without.

I suppose they do have the positive attribute of attempting to indoctrinate the young nimrods with a false sense of solidarity with their fellow man. Looks good on paper, anyway.

Chas

Dondilion
11-21-2013, 07:19 PM
He will soon be making the tv rounds...a chance to get in the national limelight. :D

bobabode
11-21-2013, 07:29 PM
He will soon be making the tv rounds...a chance to get in the national limelight. :D

The 700 Club has a national following? Who knew?;)

donquixote99
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Doesn't say much of anything, whenever you get right down to it.

Myself, I've never put too much stock into loyalty oaths. They are an insult to the man with integrity, and meaningless to the man without.

I suppose they do have the positive attribute of attempting to indoctrinate the young nimrods with a false sense of solidarity with their fellow man. Looks good on paper, anyway.

Chas

It doesn't work as indoctrination, and that plus the objections you mention make it the stupidest thing millions are made to do every morning.

But any politician who dared say what we're saying would be flayed.

Charles
11-21-2013, 09:21 PM
It doesn't work as indoctrination, and that plus the objections you mention make it the stupidest thing millions are made to do every morning.

But any politician who dared say what we're saying would be flayed.

We are tribal.

Whether innate or of the result of "education", we are tribal by nature.

It's neither good, or bad...but the nature of things.

And just because I've pretty much positioned myself to sitting on the sidelines retching in no way effects the nature of things.

Don't know if I'm a realist, or a dreamer...but either way I'm damned well disillusioned.

Chas

BlueStreak
11-21-2013, 10:26 PM
We are tribal.

Whether innate or of the result of "education", we are tribal by nature.

It's neither good, or bad...but the nature of things.

And just because I've pretty much positioned myself to sitting on the sidelines retching in no way effects the nature of things.

Don't know if I'm a realist, or a dreamer...but either way I'm damned well disillusioned.

Chas

Welcome to the real world.............

Dave

Charles
11-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the real world.............

Dave

Well, since you've appointed yourself the chairman of the welcome wagon...don't I get a fucking potted plant or something?

I don't need another blast of shit...I've got plenty of them!!!

Chas

MrPots
11-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I wonder what they think it should be listed under.....

Tom Joad
11-23-2013, 07:29 PM
So what? It's all fiction. No shocker there.

Dave

That's the way I see it.

It's a Storybook.

And as Storybooks go, I've read better.

I prefer Stephen King myself.

BlueStreak
11-26-2013, 12:49 PM
That's the way I see it.

It's a Storybook.

And as Storybooks go, I've read better.

I prefer Stephen King myself.

The Stand would make a better Bible if you ask me. Except the Republicans would soil their undies to find out God is an elderly Black woman. But, of course, this would have nothing to do with race or chauvinistic machismo, mind you................:rolleyes:

Dave

Tom Joad
11-27-2013, 10:54 AM
The Stand would make a better Bible if you ask me.

I agree.

Who knows, it might replace it one day.

Can you imagine a day when there is a copy of "The Stand" in every Motel night stand?

bobabode
11-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Well, since you've appointed yourself the chairman of the welcome wagon...don't I get a fucking potted plant or something?

I don't need another blast of shit...I've got plenty of them!!!

Chas

When you use a turd for bait? What do you expect to catch?;)