PDA

View Full Version : Fifty Years Ago Today...

bobabode
11-22-2013, 11:49 AM
President Kennedy was assassinated.:(

Zeke
11-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I believe it was a lone gunman. I have stood in the upper floor of the depository and have studied with Masaad Ayoob questioning in reference to the difficulty of the shots, themselves.

1. Very easy shot.
2. Accurate enough weapon.
3. Trained marksman.
4. Open car.

We always want the great tragedies to be caused by larger than a single fool. Most often, Occam's Razor rules.

I believe it does, here.

bobabode
11-22-2013, 12:04 PM
I believe it was a lone gunman. I have stood in the upper floor of the depository and have studied with Masaad Ayoob questioning in reference to the difficulty of the shots, themselves.

1. Very easy shot.
2. Accurate enough weapon.
3. Trained marksman.
4. Open car.

We always want the great tragedies to be caused by larger than a single fool. Most often, Occam's Razor rules.

I believe it does, here.

Agreed.

piece-itpete
11-22-2013, 12:12 PM
What a horrible thing.

An aside, the former Mrs Kennedy continues to be a huge hit. I saw her on a magazine cover at the supermarket the other day.

And, agreed x2. He was a loon.

Pete

donquixote99
11-22-2013, 12:53 PM
But Zapruder shows shot coming in the front, out the back.

We'll likely never really know the true story, but Oswald didn't fire that shot.

bobabode
11-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Not really. The exit wound was in the front with a small entry wound in the rear of his head. The reason his body jerked back is that there was a massive clenching of his muscles with the back muscles being the strongest. The complete Warren Commission Report has been digitized and is available on line. PBS has a good episode debunking the second gunman theory.

donquixote99
11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Won't argue this stuff.

Zeke
11-22-2013, 01:26 PM

We'll likely never really know the true story, but Oswald didn't fire that shot.

I believe that he did.

I'd have to look it up for specifics but I have seen tests conducted using the same weapon (which is an odd chambering and has some unusual penetration qualities) where shots fired into melons, ballistic gel, or whatever they were using caused a pressure wave and the struck object moved in odd directions due to lack of bullet expansion...

merrylander
11-22-2013, 01:57 PM
What a horrible thing.

An aside, the former Mrs Kennedy continues to be a huge hit. I saw her on a magazine cover at the supermarket the other day.

And, agreed x2. He was a loon.

Pete

Jacqueline Bouvier was six months older than me, she died in 1994. She was extremely attractive, and I saw the magazine -People.

Charles
11-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Always looked to me like the exist wound was in the back of the head.

But who asked me, huh?

Chas

bobabode
11-22-2013, 02:44 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/JFK_posterior_head_wound.jpg/255px-JFK_posterior_head_wound.jpg

Wikipedia here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_John_F._Kennedy)

donquixote99
11-22-2013, 03:22 PM
You are aware that's a drawing, right?

bobabode
11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
You are aware that's a drawing, right?

Yes I am. A transcripted drawing from a photograph.

bobabode
11-22-2013, 03:37 PM
There's always the Conspiracy Theory section for speculation about the Grassy Knoll

BlueStreak
11-22-2013, 03:44 PM
There's always the Conspiracy Theory section for speculation about the Grassy Knoll

And a CIA agent named George H. W. Bush. Any truth to that?

Hell if I know, I was a fetus. But, the MIC was deeply displeased with JFK.

Dave

bobabode
11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
And a CIA agent named George H. W. Bush. Any truth to that?

Hell if I know, I was a fetus. But, the MIC was deeply displeased with JFK.

Dave

Isn't he the smoking man?;)

MrPots
11-22-2013, 04:41 PM

It's been said that was a shot from one of the SS agents in the front seat.

bobabode
11-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Sorry for the dismissive tone but without any evidence to the contrary, Occam's Razor leads me to believe that JFK's head was blown off by Oswald from the Texas Book Depository. Was there conspiracy before the fact? Who knows. Once again my apologies if I stomped on anyone's cherished theories.

Dondilion
11-22-2013, 06:28 PM
JFK used the mob and dumped them.

The right wing Cubans/CIA were really pissed at him for the Bay Of Pigs fiasco.

I believe, repeat, believe either of the two groups employed Oswald.

bobabode
11-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Could be Don. Who really knows? So far, no credible source has come forward with any real evidence. Until someone comes up with a wayback machine, we'll probably never know. Until then, I'll go with the Warren Commission Report findings.

This assassination sure left a scar in the countrys' psyche. I often wonder with the easy availability of weapons like the Barrett 50, I'm left wondering, who's next?

Oerets
11-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Remember the day very well. Lived in Salines and we were all sent home early. My parents both Navy veterans and big JFK supporters took it badly. Still have black and white images from the non stop TV coverage.

Watched this a few days ago. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+smoking+gun+kennedy&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=AEB3737544201968B376AEB3737544201968B376 ..... "The Smoking Gun".

"JFK: The Smoking Gun" is based on the work of retired Australian police Detective Colin McLaren and the book "Mortal Error: The Shot that Killed JFK" by Bonar Menninger.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/jfk-smoking-gun-reelzchannel_n_3670555.html

Makes one believe it was an accidental shooting by a Secret Service Agent in the car behind the President. When grabbing and taking the rifle off safety after the first shot fired the fatal round from a AR-15.

Makes a pretty good argument!

Barney

Tom Joad
11-23-2013, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bIRkv29xk