PDA

View Full Version : Life Goes On!!!

one1
11-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Well it seems that The American people Are Being lead by Greed And not Wisdom.But I have the Knowledge That my Heavenly Father Will keep me and All of his Creation As He Meant For It To Be.I found A nice Site With A daily Thought For All To Dwell On.,I will add A NEw One Daily

Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all —James 2:10

The moral law does not consider our weaknesses as human beings; in fact, it does not take into account our heredity or infirmities. It simply demands that we be absolutely moral. The moral law never changes, either for the highest of society or for the weakest in the world. It is enduring and eternally the same. The moral law, ordained by God, does not make itself weak to the weak by excusing our shortcomings. It remains absolute for all time and eternity. If we are not aware of this, it is because we are less than alive. Once we do realize it, our life immediately becomes a fatal tragedy. “I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died” (Romans 7:9). The moment we realize this, the Spirit of God convicts us of sin. Until a person gets there and sees that there is no hope, the Cross of Christ remains absurd to him. Conviction of sin always brings a fearful, confining sense of the law. It makes a person hopeless— “. . . sold under sin” (Romans 7:14). I, a guilty sinner, can never work to get right with God— it is impossible. There is only one way by which I can get right with God, and that is through the death of Jesus Christ. I must get rid of the underlying idea that I can ever be right with God because of my obedience. Who of us could ever obey God to absolute perfection!

We only begin to realize the power of the moral law once we see that it comes with a condition and a promise. But God never coerces us. Sometimes we wish He would make us be obedient, and at other times we wish He would leave us alone. Whenever God’s will is in complete control, He removes all pressure. And when we deliberately choose to obey Him, He will reach to the remotest star and to the ends of the earth to assist us with all of His almighty power.

Tom Joad
11-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Oh yeah, life goes on.

long after the thrill of livin is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uq-Pf13HQo

Charles
11-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah, life goes on.

Considering it starts out by being pulled from the womb and then getting your ass beat within seconds...

Chas

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 04:10 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Charles
12-01-2013, 07:52 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

First they beat you to make you cry, then they beat you for doing it.

No wonder everyone is so disillusioned.

Chas

one1
12-01-2013, 07:56 AM
What a bunch of free range HOOLIGANS!!!

one1
12-01-2013, 07:57 AM
OK here is A Thought for the day,

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfect . . . —Philippians 3:12

It is a trap to presume that God wants to make us perfect specimens of what He can do— God’s purpose is to make us one with Himself. The emphasis of holiness movements tends to be that God is producing specimens of holiness to put in His museum. If you accept this concept of personal holiness, your life’s determined purpose will not be for God, but for what you call the evidence of God in your life. How can we say, “It could never be God’s will for me to be sick”? If it was God’s will to bruise His own Son (Isaiah 53:10), why shouldn’t He bruise you? What shines forth and reveals God in your life is not your relative consistency to an idea of what a saint should be, but your genuine, living relationship with Jesus Christ, and your unrestrained devotion to Him whether you are well or sick.

Christian perfection is not, and never can be, human perfection. Christian perfection is the perfection of a relationship with God that shows itself to be true even amid the seemingly unimportant aspects of human life. When you obey the call of Jesus Christ, the first thing that hits you is the pointlessness of the things you have to do. The next thought that strikes you is that other people seem to be living perfectly consistent lives. Such lives may leave you with the idea that God is unnecessary— that through your own human effort and devotion you can attain God’s standard for your life. In a fallen world this can never be done. I am called to live in such a perfect relationship with God that my life produces a yearning for God in the lives of others, not admiration for myself. Thoughts about myself hinder my usefulness to God. God’s purpose is not to perfect me to make me a trophy in His showcase; He is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He wants.

one1
12-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Oh yeah, life goes on.

Back at ya' Tom,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERA9ufSesw

one1
12-01-2013, 08:11 AM
During the Christmas season we wait. We wait in traffic. We wait in checkout lines to purchase gifts. We wait for family to arrive. We wait to gather around a table filled with our favorite foods. We wait to open presents lovingly chosen.

All of this waiting can be a reminder to Christians that Christmas is a celebration of waiting for something much more important than holiday traditions. Like the ancient Israelites, we too are waiting for Jesus. Although He already came as the long-awaited Messiah, He has not yet come as ruler over all the earth. So today we wait for Christ’s second coming.

Christmas reminds us that God also waits . . . He waits for people to see His glory, to admit that they are lost without Him, to say yes to His love, to receive His forgiveness, to turn away from sin. While we wait for His second coming, He waits for repentance. What seems to us like God’s slowness in coming is instead His patience in waiting (2 Peter 3:9).

The Lord is waiting to have a relationship with those He loves. He made the first move when He came as baby Jesus and the sacrificial Lamb. Now He waits for us to welcome Him into our lives as Savior and Lord.

God patiently keeps His promises.

Oerets
12-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Greed with a lot of Hypocrisy mixed in is what I'm seeing. Look no further back then to last Thursday. A day of thanks, a national celebration of family and friends. Now look what it has become. On one hand we want quality family time but then the other a deal on a flat screen or X box. What wins out and what do we loose?

BTW people will blame a lack of belief in a higher power in our society. But from what I'm seeing that has been growing in strength.

Barney

one1
12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Religion ,to each person is a personal experience.taken in as nutrition for the soul.We get caught up in world affairs sometimes and forget to seek substanence.but as long as we are breathing we can consume the knowledge that God has before us.

My own presonal belief is that mankind as a whole is depleted in spiritual Manna.but there is always another day(for some of us)with the hope we find our way and eat.

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 11:02 AM

It is a trap to presume that God wants to make us perfect specimens of what He can do— God’s purpose is to make us one with Himself. The emphasis of holiness movements tends to be that God is producing specimens of holiness to put in His museum. If you accept this concept of personal holiness, your life’s determined purpose will not be for God, but for what you call the evidence of God in your life. How can we say, “It could never be God’s will for me to be sick”? If it was God’s will to bruise His own Son (Isaiah 53:10), why shouldn’t He bruise you? What shines forth and reveals God in your life is not your relative consistency to an idea of what a saint should be, but your genuine, living relationship with Jesus Christ, and your unrestrained devotion to Him whether you are well or sick.

Christian perfection is not, and never can be, human perfection. Christian perfection is the perfection of a relationship with God that shows itself to be true even amid the seemingly unimportant aspects of human life. When you obey the call of Jesus Christ, the first thing that hits you is the pointlessness of the things you have to do. The next thought that strikes you is that other people seem to be living perfectly consistent lives. Such lives may leave you with the idea that God is unnecessary— that through your own human effort and devotion you can attain God’s standard for your life. In a fallen world this can never be done. I am called to live in such a perfect relationship with God that my life produces a yearning for God in the lives of others, not admiration for myself. Thoughts about myself hinder my usefulness to God. God’s purpose is not to perfect me to make me a trophy in His showcase; He is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He wants.

I yearn for others to leave their religious beliefs out of my life, unless I invite them in. Can you hook a brother up?

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 11:07 AM
What a bunch of free range HOOLIGANS!!!

Thank You! Being identified as a ".........free range HOOLIGAN" is an indication that I am still free of Theocracy.:)

I hope to die a "free range HOOLIGAN".

Dave

mpholland
12-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Consider the sources Dave. It is ingrained in some religious beliefs that we can't have love, compassion, empathy, or any of the other good human traits without the belief in a deity. In order for them to truly believe that we could possibly be truly good people it has to coincide with their religious doctrine. I am not so sure they are preaching to us as much as unconsciously to themselves. I do agree that I prefer not to be preached to though.

Marc

one1
12-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I yearn for others to leave their religious beliefs out of my life, unless I invite them in. Can you hook a brother up?

yes in deed I can hook you up ,,But I have the same freedom to say and post my prefrences on this board too.free speech is a last taste of democracy i will have.and no name brand or generic whatever's are gonna strip me of that right. OH YEA, Consider yourself hooked up bro!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMF5MjzgJrM

Wasillaguy
12-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Nobody likes being preached to, or corrected, or insulted, or dismissed, or proven wrong, or even disagreed with, really.
That's a natural reaction.
The intensity with which an individual reacts, and how they express that reaction, is where you find level of character.

one1
12-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I have decided to state myself in this fasion ,not to cram my beliefs but what I feel might enlighting or give someone a different out look.I have tasted the political side of life and did not like the taste and i am far from qualified to participate in such topics.so I will participate in another way.

some may be offended,which is not my intentions but I also feel some will enjoy and maybe even get revelation from something I post.as I have gotten many eye openers from the material I have read on this discussion board.

I am just a simple person trying to co-exist with my fellow man with a minimum of confrontation and ill feelings.but iI will rise and huff up if I feel I need to.

one1
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Nobody likes being preached to, or corrected, or proven wrong, or even disagreed with, really.
That's a natural reaction.
The intensity with which an individual reacts, and how they express that reaction, is where you find level of character.

But don't I still have a right to say what I feel.Can't you just avoid my post since you know already they are pointless and maybe even self serving. I will make a deal with you guy's If enough people step foward and say I am wrong for doing this I will cease.

Rajoo
12-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Knowledge is my savior.

Wasillaguy
12-01-2013, 12:07 PM
But don't I still have a right to say what I feel.Can't you just avoid my post since you know already they are pointless and maybe even self serving. I will make a deal with you guy's If enough people step foward and say I am wrong for doing this I will cease.

I guess I wasn't clear.

Absolutely, you have every right, and those who try to quiet you are wrong, and small.
The religion portion of this site is conveniently divided from the rest. If you can't stand the sight of a faith based opinion, stay out of this wing.

Praise God and Amen.

d-ray657
12-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Most here would agree that anyone of any mindset is free to speak his or her mind here - and that anyone who posts can expect that those who agree and those who disagree will also speak their minds. Do not take disagreement or criticism as censorship. Do know, however, that, unless you are spamming, you are the only one who will determine whether you continue to post.

Regards,

D-Ray

Wasillaguy
12-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Most here would agree that anyone of any mindset is free to speak his or her mind here - and that anyone who posts can expect that those who agree and those who disagree will also speak their minds.

Absolutely.
And some who disagree, will say "dude, I don't want to hear what you think".
And then you know what you're dealing with, and you move on from there.

one1
12-01-2013, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Wasillaguy;181768]I guess I wasn't clear.

Absolutely, you have every right, and those who try to quiet you are wrong, and small.
The religion portion of this site is conveniently divided from the rest. If you can't stand the sight of a faith based opinion, stay out of this wing.

Praise God and Amen.[

Yes You are very clear,And I do not deny any one from stating their opinion.I just wanted to have a little bit of the realestate so I could post.since I am not Strong enough or educated enough to post any other views.

I just replied to a comment and I got blasted from sevreral angles.It seems that most of the things in this life entail favoratism and Nepitism and the such.I have always been on the outside looking in,why I can only speculate to myself.I am just finding out maybe I am not going to be accepted here neighther.OK I could be not seeing the picture as it is .but in my years on Earth I Have learned to pick up on thing's and a lot I just let go by.But it seems I have tried to enter into another membership club that I am not welcome.

Just another lesson learned.I just wish I could back peddle and wipe my presence clean.And no I dont take things the wrong way I just dont really have the restriant I used to have.So you can Judge me how You will and say whatever but This It it for me. I tried to be a straight shooter. but I don't know.People are who they are just Like I am who I am.I will figure out a exit strategy.I tried.

Wasillaguy
12-01-2013, 12:35 PM
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Groucho Marx

Belonging here is not desirable, IMNSHO

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Consider the sources Dave. It is ingrained in some religious beliefs that we can't have love, compassion, empathy, or any of the other good human traits without the belief in a deity. In order for them to truly believe that we could possibly be truly good people it has to coincide with their religious doctrine. I am not so sure they are preaching to us as much as unconsciously to themselves. I do agree that I prefer not to be preached to though.

Marc

Salient post. I believe you are spot on.

Dave

one1
12-01-2013, 12:51 PM
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Groucho Marx

Belonging here is not desirable, IMNSHO

And I respect you for that.

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Everybody is "accepted" here and we all take a beating from time to time. You can post whatever you want. I've never once seen any get told; "You can't say that here.", ever. The only people who have ever been banned from here are spammers. Plenty have come and left.....because they can't stand the heat of contradiction.

Dave

merrylander
12-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I always thought one of Paul’s letters to the people in Corinth was spot on when he wrote;

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.”

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

“Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

“ And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

Note that he never wrote that love was blind and since we were tasked to love our neighbours as ourselves it would follow that we must perforce love ourselves. The nice thing about love is that it is perfectly aware of faults but would rather concentrate on virtues and quietly correct the faults as time permits.

one1
12-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I have no explanations for myself and no self pity.I just do not fit into any type of social enviromentMaybe it is all on me.One thing I have learned about myself lately and that Is,I am a very weak person and the only real thread that keeps me going is that my wife and dogs need me.otherise I cannot say what would happen to me.i dont know.

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Knowledge is my savior.

Oh, no Rajoo, don't say that. Thinking for yourself is very bad. If you want to know what you're supposed to think, just pick an instruction manual and follow it. There are many to choose from, a few dozen different versions of the Christian Bible, the Satanic Bible, the Torah, the Qur'an, the I Ching, the Baghavad Gita......and they all contain the "true word" of one God or another, or maybe even thousands of Gods. In fact, read them all.

Then you'll know all you really need to know about organized religion.;)

Dave

one1
12-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm Just tired ,I have had too much life coming at me the past few years,maybe I sould get some help.I think I try too hard and just take things too personaly.I think a lot has to do with my capacity as a man is almost nill anymore.like I said I just dont know anymore.

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Dude, I apologize if my crass ways have upset you. I really didn't mean any harm.

Dave

JJIII
12-01-2013, 01:35 PM
as ourselves[/B] it would follow that we must perforce love ourselves. The nice thing about love is that it is perfectly aware of faults but would rather concentrate on virtues and quietly correct the faults as time permits.

Well said.

one1
12-01-2013, 01:45 PM
The thing about it Dave,Is neighther did I ,I thought i was repliying to your post then I got the impression i was getting bushwacked.You know maybe I should keep my religous beliefs to myself.I really thought I was sharing something and not forceing anything.oh well we are all different for a reason .And I guess shit like this is a result.

Like I said I just wanted to have a role here on these boards too since my political knowledge is non-existant.ALL-IN -ALL though ,I have Issues.I will work it out ..But Dave,keep on being yourself man I admire you and respect you for that.

Rajoo
12-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm Just tired ,I have had too much life coming at me the past few years,maybe I sould get some help.I think I try too hard and just take things too personaly.I think a lot has to do with my capacity as a man is almost nill anymore.like I said I just dont know anymore.

We all tend to be opinionated here but quite rational, even some of the nut cases. :D
I like this forum because one gets to hear contradicting view points. The links alone saves me hours of browsing. So stick around. There is a vast amount of knowledge outside of religion.

one1
12-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Yea i possibly over reacted. but like i said I do get that feeling that i get of being out the mix but that is no biggie .it is what it is. I'm a big boy and hey life is...

merrylander
12-01-2013, 03:13 PM
I have no explanations for myself and no self pity.I just do not fit into any type of social enviromentMaybe it is all on me.One thing I have learned about myself lately and that Is,I am a very weak person and the only real thread that keeps me going is that my wife and dogs need me.otherise I cannot say what would happen to me.i dont know.

Cleon as someone once said 'this too shall pass' I would suggest that you also need your wife and dogs. They are a source of love and we humans need that to live.

You can deprive us of maost anything that is considered essential to sustain life yet somehow we survive. Take away love and we die spiritually if not physically.

In the little villiage where I grew up there were two lovely girls, one was aschoolmate. Their fathers were obsessivly strict, I doubt that neither one had ever hugged their daughter or told her he loved her. They went looking for love and thaought tey had found it. Except the two young men had no honour and desrted the girls when they became pregnant. Two lives destroyed for what. lack of a three simple words.

bobabode
12-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Stick around Cleon.:)

one1
12-01-2013, 03:35 PM
What I have in this house with me is it.the only 2 siblings that i had any kind of relationship with are both dead,my mother and father both dead.on thanksgiving no one called ,I used to be the one to call and see how my remaining broyhers and sister were doing but I just finaly said I will not do it any more.

when my parents were alive before my mothers stroke,we always had family time on the holidays.now I feel like I do not even have a family anymore,and to be honest I do not care.What I have In this hose is all I need.my wife is more like a child to me than a wife anymore.so natrualy there is no intimacy.And i do ok with that.but it is too much sometimes.All I have is memories anymore It's like there will not be any more good things to add to the memorie catalogue.

one1
12-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Stick around Cleon.:)

I am not going anywere I just lost control.I am sorry!!

Charles
12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Since no one else wants to be the asshole, I'll do it.

Your story is tragic. And I'm sure I speak for everyone whenever I say that we all wish there were something we could do to ease your burden, but we can't.

You have to address your personal issues yourself. Using a public forum for a sounding board is not the proper venue.

I don't mean to be cruel, and I wish you nothing but the best. But you cannot expect for people to continually wish to discuss your personal problems.

Chas

bobabode
12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I am not going anywere I just lost control.I am sorry!!

No worries, Cleon.

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Since no one else wants to be the asshole, I'll do it.

Your story is tragic. And I'm sure I speak for everyone whenever I say that we all wish there were something we could do to ease your burden, but we can't.

You have to address your personal issues yourself. Using a public forum for a sounding board is not the proper venue.

I don't mean to be cruel, and I wish you nothing but the best. But you cannot expect for people to continually wish to discuss your personal problems.

Chas

You're not being an asshole, you're being honest. This isn't a depression counseling group. There are such groups online, some are even running 24/7.

Cleon, I wish you all the best, but I believe Chas is right.

Dave

one1
12-01-2013, 04:20 PM
You're not being an asshole, you're being honest. This isn't a depression counseling group. There are such groups online, some are even running 24/7.

Dave

I agree,I am sorry I did not now I was sounding so personal.You know I am kinda messed up in the head it seems like i get a lot of correcting and probaly well deserverd.Iam at a loss for words right now all I can say is I am sorry.I am going to go sit outside for a while and think about things.I really do not know how to represent myself anymore.

Charles
12-01-2013, 04:25 PM

Dave

Mebbee so, but I still FEEL like the asshole.

Chas

Charles
12-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I agree,I am sorry I did not now I was sounding so personal.You know I am kinda messed up in the head it seems like i get a lot of correcting and probaly well deserverd.Iam at a loss for words right now all I can say is I am sorry.I am going to go sit outside for a while and think about things.I really do not know how to represent myself anymore.

Talk about something else, ANYTHING else.

You're digging a hole for yourself.

Chas

noonereal
12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
We all tend to be opinionated here but quite rational, even some of the nut cases. :D

That's me!

http://www.pearsgourmet.com/Images/BuyTheCase/Nuts_by_the_case_lg.jpg

noonereal
12-01-2013, 04:43 PM

Just curious, where do you come by this knowledge?

Charles
12-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Just curious, where do you come by this knowledge?

Noon, by good friend.

I was just getting ready to call you an inconsiderate Yankee bastard which needs to be shoved in a closet with a sock stuffed in your mouth, but...

your query is most appropriate, as it addresses the essence of this discussion.

Chas

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Mebbee so, but I still FEEL like the asshole.

Chas

I think you like being an asshole.

(It can be big fun. ;-))

Dave

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 06:26 PM
BTW, I don't think God is "unnecessary" at all. I think organized religion is unnecessary and when it gets mixed up with government------it can get downright dangerous.

Charles
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I think you like being an asshole.

(It can be big fun. ;-))

Dave

I'm not enjoying it a great deal. It's kinda like jump starting someone's car in the rain.

Chas

BlueStreak
12-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm not enjoying it a great deal. It's kinda like jump starting someone's car in the rain.

Chas

Right. Like I said, "big fun".:confused:

Dave

one1
12-01-2013, 06:50 PM
OK well I guess I will have to try something else to convert you all.Just kidding, easy now.

donquixote99
12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Voted yes, but if all I had to go on was the OP, i might have voted no....

one1
12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Voted yes, but if all I had to go on was the OP, i might have voted no....

Well I made that suit so I will have to wear it for a while.

mpholland
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I suppose the more folk wished I wouldn't post the more likely I would be to continue posting, but that's just me.

donquixote99
12-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Well I made that suit so I will have to wear it for a while.

My post came off more negative than i meant. Would not have voted no in any case, that was just my way of not grooving on the God rap. Sorry.

one1
12-01-2013, 07:29 PM
My post came off more negative than i meant. Would not have voted no in any case, that was just my way of not grooving on the God rap. Sorry.

I knew what you meant ,that happens sometimes,And yes, A man has to know his limitations otherwise he can go tihsepa real quick.

donquixote99
12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
It took we way to long to get that..... :(

Which leads right back to knowing your limitations. Getting to know them tends to hurt.

one1
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
It took we way to long to get that..... :(

Which leads right back to knowing your limitations. Getting to know them tends to hurt.

You got that right!!!

bobabode
12-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Dang it Cleon. Why did you have to choose that senile old snitchin' ex-governor of California as an avatar? The mad electrician was much better.;)

one1
12-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Dang it Cleon. Why did you have to choose that senile old snitchin' ex-governor of California as an avatar? The mad electrician was much better.;)

He has always been a hero of mine.Yes I know He is not much liked but still the same he Is someone Who in my opinion really cared about America.Nikoli Is another of my heroes but I felt I should bring in the gipper for inspiration.

one1
12-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Another I Consdered as an Avatar Was Frank Zappa Now he really Is a Symbol of a staunch no holds barred Intelectual Giant.I often think that If he had Lived on that maybe he would have become president of the United States And restored this Grand Country Back to Glory.

d-ray657
12-02-2013, 07:02 AM
I didn't vote one way or another, because it is not my decision to make.

Regards,

D-Ray

one1
12-02-2013, 07:13 AM
I didn't vote one way or another, because it is not my decision to make.

Regards,

D-Ray

It's all irelavent anymore. today is a new day and another chance to get it right.

Tom Joad
12-02-2013, 08:46 AM
During the Christmas season we wait. We wait in traffic. We wait in checkout lines to purchase gifts. We wait for family to arrive. We wait to gather around a table filled with our favorite foods. We wait to open presents lovingly chosen.

I wait for the Goddamned season to be over is what I do.

one1
12-02-2013, 09:01 AM
I wait for the Goddamned season to be over is what I do.

I am in total agreement on that one,nothing but depression on this end.

Has anyone ever just thought "in a perfect world"and you could design it to your liking.Do you think you could be truly happy?

icenine
12-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I think we all want that Christmas we had when we were kids, imperfect though it may have been. No matter how nice your tree is today, it is not the same as the silver tin-foil artificial tree with the lamp that came with it that changed it from green to blue to red....your tree now will never be the same as the first one you remember your parents putting up.

The indian summer Christmas are the ones you put on for your own children, but those pass by quickly too.

Tom Joad
12-02-2013, 09:20 AM
I am in total agreement on that one,nothing but depression on this end.

What I don't like is the Rat Race mentality of it all.

Take this morning.

My wife and I went for a nice leisurely walk in the park.

That was nice.

Then after that we like to take a nice easy drive around this lake in our town.

I guess I do have an advantage here, I'm retired and feel no need to be in a hurry. I like to set the cruise control at about 30 (it's a 35 mph limit) and just sight see. There is a lot of cool wildlife around that lake, even though it's in town. Lot's of exotic birds, rabbits, etc.

But generally it isn't more than a few minutes before I have some soccer mom in an SUV riding my bumper and mouthing obscenities at me because I am going too slow for her and she has 78 things on her X-mas "to do" list that just can't wait.

The traffic is absolutely horrible around Christmas.

And it's mean.

Everybody is in a huge hurry and they are out there running red lights, cutting you off, tailgating you, and pulling out in front of you when they have no room to. As a result there is a big spike in fender benders. Every fast food joint has a huge line at the drive up window because no one has time to cook because they have to get ready for Christmas. It's a royal pain in the ass just to go out your front door.

And you don't even get a break when Christmas is over.

Hell no!

Then the stores put all the shit they couldn't sell on sale for half price and the frenzy starts all over.

Add to that the mile long lines of people that are bringing all the stupid gifts they got back and trying to exchange them for something else.

No sooner is that over and it's tax refund season and everybody and their dog is back in the stores trying to burn through that money as fast as they can.

one1
12-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Peoples attitudes realy change this time of year,Any shopping I have I go early to avoid any rude people.Hey did you guy's see that 2300 watt panasonic in general audio on AK.I think it is Badass,but I'm weird like that,I would at least like to have the speakers.

Tom Joad
12-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Peoples attitudes realy change this time of year,Any shopping I have I go early to avoid any rude people.

I made that discovery myself.

Last Saturday my wife and I went to Wally World ( yeah, I know, I should have my ass kicked for that) to pick up a few things.

But this time we went early, right after our morning walk.

We hit the place at about 7:45 am and it was like a Ghost Town. Got a great parking place, went in and the store was practically empty.

On top of that they had lots of checkout lines open because they knew that later in the morning it would be busier than a bee hive.

Got in and out in no time, with no stress!

merrylander
12-02-2013, 10:24 AM
We simply treat Christmas much like any other day as the granddaughters don't visit so no tree, no decorations. We still send out cards but it is more of a habit than anything else. It does make a good excuse to split a bottle of bubbly.

Go shopping? Surely you jest, if we should happen to see something we would like or that we think the other would like we buy it, no need for some artificial day to do that. As to it being His birthday, well He is in this house 365 days a year, one is no more special than another.

The same for New Years, make resolutions, why wait for one day in the year to do that? Like Mark Twain wrote, I just try to be an honest man, that way I know there is one less rascal in this world.

merrylander
12-02-2013, 10:27 AM
To hell with the shopping frenzy at this time of year, I am tempted to get Florence a CCW permit for when she goes grocery shopping. Young women today have all the grace and manners of - well I just can't think of anything that fits.

one1
12-02-2013, 12:44 PM
We simply treat Christmas much like any other day as the granddaughters don't visit so no tree, no decorations. We still send out cards but it is more of a habit than anything else. It does make a good excuse to split a bottle of bubbly.

Go shopping? Surely you jest, if we should happen to see something we would like or that we think the other would like we buy it, no need for some artificial day to do that. As to it being His birthday, well He is in this house 365 days a year, one is no more special than another.

The same for New Years, make resolutions, why wait for one day in the year to do that? Like Mark Twain wrote, I just try to be an honest man, that way I know there is one less rascal in this world.

I AM just speaking of shopping in general,If I could get food supplies online I would.

merrylander
12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I AM just speaking of shopping in general,If I could get food supplies online I would.

So would we, today the supermarket is no place for a little old lady, they make Black Friday look like a Sunday School picnic.

BlueStreak
12-02-2013, 03:53 PM

I think you can. But, I imagine it aint cheap.

Dave

donquixote99
12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
So would we, today the supermarket is no place for a little old lady, they make Black Friday look like a Sunday School picnic.

Go here. http://www.peapod.com/

You order online, and get home delivery free for first 60 days. Not free after that.

They also have a deal where you order online, and drive-thru at the store. Groceries go into car, you never get out. That apparently is always 'free.'

Not available in all locations.

And I'm Not affiliated, BTW....

one1
12-02-2013, 06:41 PM

You order online, and get home delivery free for first 60 days. Not free after that.

They also have a deal where you order online, and drive-thru at the store. Groceries go into car, you never get out. That apparently is always 'free.'

Well if that dont beat all.boy what a world, next they will have flying cars LOL.

donquixote99
12-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Flying delivery trucks coming soon. Cars will follow.

bobabode
12-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Well if that dont beat all.boy what a world, next they will have flying cars LOL.

I want one that'll talk back to me in a sultry contralto...:rolleyes: Flyin' car, that is.:D

one1
12-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Isn't there something that goes like,"we live in the best of times,we live in the worst of times"

one1
12-03-2013, 06:26 AM

Crikie, They are not im our area yet ,looks like a cool concept though.

donquixote99
12-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Maybe someone else is. Do a little googling. 'Home grocery shopping [your town here].'

one1
12-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Maybe someone else is. Do a little googling. 'Home grocery shopping [your town here].'

Ok I will in a bit still digesting my coffee,Yikes man what time to you get up.

merrylander
12-03-2013, 06:58 AM

We have called them but they will not yet serve our area.

merrylander
12-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Isn't there something that goes like,"we live in the best of times,we live in the worst of times"

Dickens "Tale of Two Cities" if memory serves.

noonereal
12-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Noon, by good friend.

I was just getting ready to call you an inconsiderate Yankee bastard which needs to be shoved in a closet with a sock stuffed in your mouth, but...

your query is most appropriate, as it addresses the essence of this discussion.

Chas

I never did get an answer but I did get a brand new subwoofer!