PDA

View Full Version : The War On Christmas

bobabode
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
...in my neck of the woods. Freakin' idiots strung cables from house to house across the road. How in hell are firetrucks supposed to navigate this private display? Sarah Palin will be bloviating on Faux Noise directly.:rolleyes:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oc-neighborhood-ordered-to-take-down-christmas-lights-20131203,0,6417151.story#axzz2mSdnAWpT

http://www.trbimg.com/img-529e604d/turbine/la-me-ln-christmas-lights--001/600

barbara
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
And when one of their houses catches on fire and the fire engine can't get past the lights to put out the fire, whose fault will it be?
That evil county government, no doubt!

Bigerik
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Proper Christian fire trucks would have no issue with that!

barbara
12-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Proper Christian fire trucks would have no issue with that!

........ Ha!

Charles
12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Christmas is a state of mind.

Personally, I get a big kick out of drinking beer and listening to Bing Crosby.

Chas

JBS...
12-03-2013, 07:54 PM
LMFAO

...in my neck of the woods. Freakin' idiots strung cables from house to house across the road. How in hell are firetrucks supposed to navigate this private display? Sarah Palin will be bloviating on Faux Noise directly.:rolleyes:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oc-neighborhood-ordered-to-take-down-christmas-lights-20131203,0,6417151.story#axzz2mSdnAWpT

I didn't see any thing about firetrucks :rolleyes:

And when one of their houses catches on fire and the fire engine can't get past the lights to put out the fire, whose fault will it be?
That evil county government, no doubt!

LOL, really?!?!?!?!

They would just drive through them...

Have you ever see what they do if you park in front of a fire hydrant and they need to get to it?

Like the guy said "It's just lights, people." get over yourself :p

barbara
12-03-2013, 08:07 PM
LMFAO

LOL, really?!?!?!?!

Have you ever see what they do if you park in front of a fire hydrant and they need to get to it?

You do have a point about what they do if you park in front of a fire hydrant. I've seen them bust the two front windows of a car and string the hose through the front seat once.

On the other hand.... Why put up any unnecessary, potential obstacles or hazards when there are many other ways they could decorate the neighborhood which would be just as nice.....

barbara
12-03-2013, 08:12 PM
On the topic of Christmas.... Has Fox 'News' started their annual campaign about the war on Christmas yet?

I figure they got some time to make up since thanksgiving was late this year.

Charles
12-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Jesus H. Christ.

It's fucking Christmas, Goddamnitt...

can't ya'll quit bitching for a couple of weeks and be in a good mood for a change?

Never seen such an agenda driven bunch of malcontents in my whole life.

Chas

bobabode
12-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Aww, hell Chas. Just havin' some fun with the neocon bible thumpers who lose their chit over the imaginary war on Christianity. Even you've gotta admit that Harry homeowner stringing 120volt lines across the street from house to house is beyond stupid and a clear violation of NEC. These idjits live in one of the richest neighborhoods in Orange county, California and none of 'em thought to inquire about a permit?

Gotta luv one 'em screechin' "This is America!" in protest.:rolleyes: Smells like a publicity stunt.:cool:

edit- Merry Christmas ya grouch.:)

Charles
12-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Aww, hell Chas. Just havin' some fun with the neocon bible thumpers who lose their chit over the imaginary war on Christianity. Even you've gotta admit that Harry homeowner stringing 120volt lines across the street from house to house is beyond stupid and a clear violation of NEC. These idjits live in one of the richest neighborhoods in Orange county, California and none of 'em thought to inquire about a permit?

Gotta luv one 'em screechin' "This is America!" in protest.:rolleyes: Smells like a publicity stunt.:cool:

edit- Merry Christmas ya grouch.:)

Just watched "Bad Santa"...best damned Christmas movie of all time.

I've been inspired to elevate my standards!!!

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you too...ya miserable malcontent,

Chas

BlueStreak
12-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Well, ya know freedom is freedom and it means real Americans have a right to do whatever the heck they please, even if it endangers the lives and property of others. That's why Paul Revere went around ringin' those bells and the lights and all that while his horse shit all over the street in Boston, ya know. It was all about Jesus and electric light string thingies and the blow up Santas. Geez, Baab, you don't know we're all Chistians here in Uhmerica where Christmas was invented? Ha, ha, (snort), ha, ha................you librals are so dumb.......

BlueStreak
12-04-2013, 08:29 AM
LMFAO

LOL, really?!?!?!?!

A fire truck is an "emergency vehicle", and driving through the web of live wires IS the shock and fire hazard that they are trying to avoid.

And teabaggers wonder why so many people think they're stupid?:rolleyes:

And you can just "get over yourself".

Dave

icenine
12-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Happy Holidays everyone!

donquixote99
12-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Have a Merry Winter Holiday of Your Choice!

Have two if you want....

BlueStreak
12-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I like "Have a Joyous Winter Solstice".

icenine
12-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Have a Merry Winter Holiday of Your Choice!

Have two if you want....

I must protest of the use of the adjective Merry.....

just too close for comfort;)

MrPots
12-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Chas

I used to get down with that until the missus made me move my Klipsch system to the basement. Now all I got is a little Bose doc.....

(The speakers are huge.....)

piece-itpete
12-04-2013, 11:52 AM

Chas

Now you're cookin' with gas! And Spike Jones & the von Trapp family.

Jesus H. Christ.

It's fucking Christmas, Goddamnitt...

can't ya'll quit bitching for a couple of weeks and be in a good mood for a change?

Never seen such an agenda driven bunch of malcontents in my whole life.

Chas

BANG! POW! ZAM! KABLAM! Rabblerouser :D

Happy Holidays everyone!

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/images/smilies/banhim.gif

:D

Merry Christmas all you heathens :p

Pete

donquixote99
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
I used to get down with that until the missus made me move my Klipsch system to the basement. Now all I got is a little Bose doc.....

(The speakers are huge.....)

There is middle ground between the huge Klipsch and a 'little Bose dock.' WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is an important variable for the audio-lover, and success and failure at getting WAF into the excellent range gets discussed frequently on our sister forum....

donquixote99
12-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I must protest of the use of the adjective Merry.....

just too close for comfort;)

I find your attitude niggardly.

piece-itpete
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
OOOOOoooooooooooooo.

;)

Pete

Ike Bana
12-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I was thinkin' that if there were really a Santa flying around delivering presents on Christmas Eve...there are at least a half-million wahoos in Tejas that would blow him and his reindeer out of the night sky with their AR-15's.

I gotta go to the dentist.

piece-itpete
12-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Reindeer backstrap for all! Hohoho.

I'm thinking more like skeet :D

Pete

piece-itpete
12-04-2013, 02:02 PM
"But I wanted Rudolf's' nose!" boohoohoo.

http://racheldangerw.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/crying_girl.jpg

Pete

Charles
12-04-2013, 02:50 PM
I was thinkin' that if there were really a Santa flying around delivering presents on Christmas Eve...there are at least a half-million wahoos in Tejas that would blow him and his reindeer out of the night sky with their AR-15's.

I gotta go to the dentist.

Boo, the tooth doctor.

No wonder you're so cheerful today!!!

Chas

Ike Bana
12-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Boo, the tooth doctor.

No wonder you're so cheerful today!!!

Chas

Lemme know when you're thinkin' I'm scheduled for the proctologist. We'll see how accurate your clinical evaluation skills are.

Dondilion
12-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Come to Dyker Heights, a middle class Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn.
They bring the arts and professionalism to lights.

Charles
12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Lemme know when you're thinkin' I'm scheduled for the proctologist. We'll see how accurate your clinical evaluation skills are.

You know, an attractive female proctologist with a tongue like a lizard may be interesting, but other than that...

a pox on them all!!!

Chas

bobabode
12-04-2013, 11:46 PM
You know, an attractive female proctologist with a tongue like a lizard may be interesting, but other than that...

a pox on them all!!!

Chas

You could always hire Sarah Palin.:rolleyes:

piece-itpete
12-05-2013, 11:02 AM
I think this has taken a turn for the worst :eek:

Pete

JBS...
12-05-2013, 11:35 AM
A fire truck is an "emergency vehicle", and driving through the web of live wires IS the shock and fire hazard that they are trying to avoid.

And teabaggers wonder why so many people think they're stupid?:rolleyes:

And you can just "get over yourself".

Dave

Wow, look at that. You can hit a softball :rolleyes: