PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard

Boreas
12-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Here's hoping that those of you living in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast are weathering the storm okay. It looks pretty hairy.

John

merrylander
12-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Just had the driveway ploughed once else he would be looking at two feet easily, then you have to call in a bobcat.

Boreas
12-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Just had the driveway ploughed once else he would be looking at two feet easily, then you have to call in a bobcat.

And it ain't over yet as far as I can tell. Hope you don't need to have it plowed too many more times.

You're in Howard County? Glenwood? You can catch a good bit of snow out there, but I guess you know that. ;)

John

BlueStreak
12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
It's cold and windy here, but only rain--no snow. Could freeze over later on tonight and that would lead to serious traffic issues. So, I'm going to get all of my errands run today.

Dave

Charles
12-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Best of luck to you fellers, looks like our blizzard is supposed to show up next week.

Only hope we get a blizzard as opposed to freezing ice. Ain't nothing worse than ice that freezes...tears down all of the electrical lines, gets so slick I can barely stagger into the likker store for more supplies, and I have to rewire everything to run on my generator.

Chas

noonereal
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Looks like the Hudson Valley will be spared. Just cold windy and cloudy.
Of course do to the great forecast all event were canceled for the day.:mad:

merrylander
12-20-2009, 08:27 AM
We got about 24" looks like, I'll get some hot breakfast and run out the snow blower.

BlueStreak
12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Looks like we've been spared, here in the Swamp. Only a dusting of snow, but the thermometer on the front porch says 29 degrees. That's cold in these parts.

Dave

HatchetJack
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Looks like the Global warming cronies had to cut short their little summit to
get back home before the blizzard LMAO!!!

Boreas
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Looks like the Global warming cronies had to cut short their little summit to get back home before the blizzard LMAO!!!

Right! That blizzard proves global warming is a hoax! Why did it take me so long to realize?

John

Grumpy
12-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Global warming or not if people don't start treating this world with a little more respect its going to evict us.

By the way, to our righties, I mean east coasters, stay safe in that crappy weather

merrylander
12-21-2009, 07:04 AM
We survived Dave, I still like the bumper sticker;

"Treat the Earth with kindness, it is not Uranus."