PDA

View Full Version : Just close all the locations in black neighborhoods...or else.

Ike Bana
12-22-2013, 08:46 AM
We have this situation in the Chicago area...the second largest supermarket chain in town, the local Dominick's chain, is shutting it's doors on Dec. 28th. It was purchased a few years ago by the big California chain, Safeway...and Safeway managed to run it into the ground. It's too bad for the 6,000 employees who will be out of a job right after Christmas when the credit card bills show up.

But here's the thing. Here's the real reason why Dominick's is being shuttered. Earlier this year Jana Partners, a Wall St. bloodsucking vampire hedge fund outfit, invested $300 million in Safeway stock. On Sept. 17th Jana Partners demanded that Safeway close down all Chicago area Dominick's locations in "...subscale and lower margin geographies." (What a nice way to put it, eh?)

Faced with that, Safeway decided that rather than struggle with the bad press and simple goddamn distastefulness of such an action, that they would just close up the Dominick's chain completely.

So...seems to me Shakespeare was wrong. First we kill all the hedge fund managers, then we kill all the insurance industry executives...then we can kill all the lawyers.

one1
12-22-2013, 09:11 AM
We have this situation in the Chicago area...the second largest supermarket chain in town, the local Dominick's chain, is shutting it's doors on Dec. 28th. It was purchased a few years ago by the big California chain, Safeway...and Safeway managed to run it into the ground. It's too bad for the 6,000 employees who will be out of a job right after Christmas when the credit card bills show up.

But here's the thing. Here's the real reason why Dominick's is being shuttered. Earlier this year Jana Partners, a Wall St. bloodsucking vampire hedge fund outfit, invested $300 million in Safeway stock. On Sept. 17th Jana Partners demanded that Safeway close down all Chicago area Dominick's locations in "...subscale and lower margin geographies." (What a nice way to put it, eh?)

Faced with that, Safeway decided that rather than struggle with the bad press and simple goddamn distastefulness of such an action, that they would just close up the Dominick's chain completely.

So...seems to me Shakespeare was wrong. First we kill all the hedge fund managers, then we kill all the insurance industry executives...then we can kill all the lawyers.

I really do not think they would simply close the stores for racial demographic reasons.it is a money move that is what drives wallstreet not race.you should feel shame for trying to make this a racial issue.it is economics that drive wallstreet.and big bussiness

Tom Joad
12-22-2013, 09:26 AM
I really do not think they would simply close the stores for racial demographic reasons.it is a money move that is what drives wallstreet not race.you should feel shame for trying to make this a racial issue.it is economics that drive wallstreet.and big bussiness

The reason those locations are "...subscale and lower margin geographies." is due to the structural racism that exists in our society.

mpholland
12-22-2013, 09:40 AM
The reason those locations are "...subscale and lower margin geographies." is due to the structural racism that exists in our society.

Kind of oversimplifying there I think. While these socio-economic situations shouldn't have a need to exist in this country,there is more at play than just race. I certainly don't see any great savior plucking out the white folk in those neighborhoods, or maybe it is all a great plan to leave some "token whites" in dire straits so it can't be called racism.

donquixote99
12-22-2013, 09:49 AM
A source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-1222-confidential-dominicks-2-20131222,0,3245729.story

The Dominick's chain was an 'underperforming' unit for Safeway. They could use a tax loss this year--they had big profits from sales of other stuff to offset. And Jana pushed. Don't think it had to be a hard push here.

There was a place in town here I liked to go to for Italian Beefs and Gyros. Just went there and found out they'd absconded to a suburban location far from my usual routes. Sucks for me, and I don't think they will do well in new location either, but free enterprise means they get to decide such things, and they don't have to consult me.

Reports say Safeway was doing a lousey job running Dominicks, and had wanted to shed those stores for a long time. Tried to sell them 10 or so years ago, but failed. There are a lot of details I don't know here. But in the end, business decides these things for such reasons as seem good to them. The really nasty bit in the above account is the claim that Safeway decided to close ALL the Dominick's stores to avoid the PR hit from just closing the 'too urban' ones. Don't know if this is true or not, but what if it is? What's the answer?

I've thought before that the answer might be higher taxes. (I just made a bunch of Republicans puke. Go rinse out your mouth, then read on.) The whole disruption here comes from a powerful investor wanting bigger profits. Why? So they can pile more money in already-swolen bank accounts? What does this get them that they don't already have, except the satisfaction of moving up a list in Fortune Magazine?

I say if we tax away such bloated profits, the incentive to chase them diminishes. Perhaps the benefits of being a good corporate citizen, that serves the communities of which it is a part, loom larger. If a firm is sensitive enough to PR to close stores that make money, in order not to look as bad, maybe, just maybe, some relief from profit pressure would allow them to consider keeping stores open, to look (and actually be) more good?

Dondilion
12-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Capitalists closed many businesses which employed millions of white people
and relocate them in various non white areas and countries.

one1
12-22-2013, 09:57 AM

You are very correct ,but I think in this case it is just profit and economics.the poor always get the closings first,and yes racism is more alive than ever but it has become a well defined chameleon.

one1
12-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Capitalists closed many businesses which employed millions of white people
and relocate them in various non white areas and countries.

A real Capitalist only see's green not black or white.the same way as why there are so many liquor stores in the black or poor community and so many bars in the white comunnity,the almighty profit margin.

Ike Bana
12-22-2013, 10:09 AM
You are very correct ,but I think in this case it is just profit and economics.the poor always get the cloings first,and yes racism is more alive than ever but it has become a well defined chameleon.

So Tom's correct? Then shame on you for your idiotic shame on me.

Can you read then? This is not about Safeway, or how Safeway was doing a shit job of running the Dominick's business. I have no beef with Safeway. Good for Safeway when they told Jana Partners to stuff their demand and closed the whole operation.

The beef is with Jana Partners. And you can double talk this thing six ways from Sunday if it makes you feel better. The fact remains that Safeway was told to shut down the Dominick's locations in "...subscale and lower margin geographies." I believe Chicago remains the most segregated big city in the country. Anybody with half a brain knows and a little intellectual curiosity knows how segregated the Chicago area is, and that "...subscale and lower margin geographies..." in Chicago is synonymous with black neighborhoods.

The people a Jana Partners knew it when they demanded it from Safeway. You don't think they look at demographics? Really??? And as hedge fund vampires will do, and have done at every opportunity, they care not for who gets hurt or how badly when it comes to their bloodsucking model. (Just look at hedge funder's behavior in the early days of the 2008 meltdown...the actions of hedge funders was a primary reason why there was a meltdown.)

But you have no problem with that model? OK then...you're a real humanitarian.

Dondilion
12-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Indians have replaced white Americans in a lot of formerly high paying jobs.

Big business is pressuring the government to grant them more working visas.

The recent irony is the Indians have remove the protective barriers from US
consular buildings over some diplomatic spat. :eek:

donquixote99
12-22-2013, 10:40 AM

Can you read then? This is not about Safeway, or how Safeway was doing a shit job of running the Dominick's business. I have no beef with Safeway. Good for Safeway when they told Jana Partners to stuff their demand and closed the whole operation.

The beef is with Jana Partners. And you can double talk this thing six ways from Sunday if it makes you feel better. The fact remains that Safeway was told to shut down the Dominick's locations in "...subscale and lower margin geographies." I believe Chicago remains the most segregated big city in the country. Anybody with half a brain knows and a little intellectual curiosity knows how segregated the Chicago area is, and that "...subscale and lower margin geographies..." in Chicago is synonymous with black neighborhoods.

The people a Jana Partners knew it when they demanded it from Safeway. You don't think they look at demographics? Really??? And as hedge fund vampires will do, and have done at every opportunity, they care not for who gets hurt or how badly when it comes to their bloodsucking model. (Just look at hedge funder's behavior in the early days of the 2008 meltdown...the actions of hedge funders was a primary reason why there was a meltdown.)

I think higher taxes would have the effect, over time, of moderating this sort of thing.

You got any ideas for fixing things, or is this just all about having fun badmouthing the bad Jana people?

Charles
12-22-2013, 10:41 AM
A source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-1222-confidential-dominicks-2-20131222,0,3245729.story

The Dominick's chain was an 'underperforming' unit for Safeway. They could use a tax loss this year--they had big profits from sales of other stuff to offset. And Jana pushed. Don't think it had to be a hard push here.

There was a place in town here I liked to go to for Italian Beefs and Gyros. Just went there and found out they'd absconded to a suburban location far from my usual routes. Sucks for me, and I don't think they will do well in new location either, but free enterprise means they get to decide such things, and they don't have to consult me.

Reports say Safeway was doing a lousey job running Dominicks, and had wanted to shed those stores for a long time. Tried to sell them 10 or so years ago, but failed. There are a lot of details I don't know here. But in the end, business decides these things for such reasons as seem good to them. The really nasty bit in the above account is the claim that Safeway decided to close ALL the Dominick's stores to avoid the PR hit from just closing the 'too urban' ones. Don't know if this is true or not, but what if it is? What's the answer?

I've thought before that the answer might be higher taxes. (I just made a bunch of Republicans puke. Go rinse out your mouth, then read on.) The whole disruption here comes from a powerful investor wanting bigger profits. Why? So they can pile more money in already-swolen bank accounts? What does this get them that they don't already have, except the satisfaction of moving up a list in Fortune Magazine?

I say if we tax away such bloated profits, the incentive to chase them diminishes. Perhaps the benefits of being a good corporate citizen, that serves the communities of which it is a part, loom larger. If a firm is sensitive enough to PR to close stores that make money, in order not to look as bad, maybe, just maybe, some relief from profit pressure would allow them to consider keeping stores open, to look (and actually be) more good?

Since taxes have become more about influencing behavior than generating revenue, why not offer more tax credits for employee owned enterprises?

Be one way to skin the fat cats...at least in theory.

Chas

one1
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM

Only thing I can really say to you is You have a lot of Hate in you for someone that professes to be in the helping people field.I am by no means a humanitarion,actualy I think the human race needs a very good mass extiction event to happen to get rid of some of the extra baggage. and if me and my family are involved so be it.but you Sir are a very hatefull bitter person.and you want to be Intelectual so beit I will let you.me I am stupid and proud of it.aqt least I have no sword to yeild.I have asked you before to lighten up man it aint that bad really!!Chicago has always been a breeding groung for racism but what you may or may not know is so is the rest of the world and it has been slipstreamed into everyday life and it flourishes in big bussiness.

the real people and threats are the ones you do not know about at least Jana Partners you know about. keep her close by you at least that way you can keep abreast of the latest reterect.I am not as savvay as you and for damn sure cannot spell worth a shit.but be a little suttle in your attacks it keeps your enemys guessing instead of defending and getting strentgh.You have better things to contribute to this pile of shit we call earth.

donquixote99
12-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Since taxes have become more about influencing behavior than generating revenue, why not offer more tax credits for employee owned enterprises?

Be one way to skin the fat cats...at least in theory.

Chas

Sounds good. Might want to fit something like that into the package of reforms, along with higher marginal tax rates and mandatory profit sharing....

We could make this country into Germany if we play our cards right. Then if we manage that, we can go for making it into Norway.

CarlV
12-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Load it up with debt and declare bankruptcy leaving taxpayers to pay for the lost retirement benefits, etc. Where'd that Willard go? :rolleyes:
White flight, who'da thunk?
Safeway really is all about the profits. 2 different Safeway meat cutters I know have had to repackage any dated meat that has not turned and not checking any expiration dates on everything else really is a major mistake on your part.

Carl

CarlV
12-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Indians have replaced white Americans in a lot of formerly high paying jobs.

Big business is pressuring the government to grant them more working visas.

The recent irony is the Indians have remove the protective barriers from US
consular buildings over some diplomatic spat. :eek:

Sounds to me like somebody is choosing not to prepare and to make higher education accessible to their citizens, that it is cheaper to encourage immigration to achieve the needed goals. It is good for everybody to stand their ground, right?

Carl

merrylander
12-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Sounds to me like somebody is choosing not to prepare and to make higher education accessible to their citizens, that it is cheaper to encourage immigration to achieve the needed goals. It is good for everybody to stand their ground, right?

Carl

Also Carl, the H1B visas they come in on resemble nothing quite so much as the bond servants of colonial days.

I came down on an H1B visa and my employers sure got pissed when Florence and I married, giving me a gren card.:rolleyes:

mpholland
12-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't an H1B supposed to only bring people over for jobs that we have an extreme shortage of people to fill?

Dondilion
12-22-2013, 04:00 PM
After JFK "opened" immigration to non whites a lot of well educated Indians
came to America. Some of these guys had triple degrees. They made a name
for themselves in Industry. Especially those from the Imperial College of India.

Captains of industries having assessed the Indians decided to replace well paid Americans (mainly white) with lower salaried Indians. Over time the replacement pace picked up. The sum of the American experience/exposure then allowed the Indians to offer cheaper hi tech service to Americans even from areas in India such as Bangalore.

bobabode
12-22-2013, 10:18 PM
for themselves in Industry. Especially those from the Imperial College of India.

Captains of industries having assessed the Indians decided to replace well paid Americans (mainly white) with lower salaried Indians. Over time the replacement pace picked up. The sum of the American experience/exposure then allowed the Indians to offer cheaper hi tech service to Americans even from areas in India such as Bangalore.

Link?!?:confused:

merrylander
12-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't an H1B supposed to only bring people over for jobs that we have an extreme shortage of people to fill?

Give the man a cigar. In my case I was one of twenty people who had the necessary expertise in the subject area and the other nineteen were quite happy where they were.:) I was worth more that the job offered but the visa allowed me in to marry the woman I was in love with.

You can thank the HR folks for ignoring (disqualifying) citizens with the requierd skills because they would not work for the offered salaries, so along comes the bond servants

merrylander
12-23-2013, 08:27 AM

I really have to laugh here whenever Florence calls ccustomer service. Once she detects an accent she demands to be connected to someone here in this country.

Dondilion
12-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Link?!?:confused:

the 1965 immigration act which radically change the complexion of
legal immigration was inspired and driven by JFK but was actually
signed by LBJ.

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publish/tsc0104/article_66.shtml

An article from Manufacturing and Technology News:
Indians outsourcing firms Use-1B to displace U.S.High-Tech Workforce.

http://manufacturingnews.com/news/newss/outsourcing111.html

Ike Bana
12-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I think higher taxes would have the effect, over time, of moderating this sort of thing.

You got any ideas for fixing things, or is this just all about having fun badmouthing the bad Jana people?

I got lots of ideas for intervening the the behavior of the investment banking and hedge funding vampires. Just to start:

1. On investment bankers. Strict limits on how much of the money used to buy paper for new derivative investment banking products can be leveraged. Dodd/Frank doesn't go anywhere near far enough.

2. On hedge funders. Take them out behind the building and shoot them. If that won't be allowed, strict limits on high speed and high volume equity trading. When I'm king the NYSE will be like in the old days...every trade required somebody handing a piece of paper to somebody else.

So there's two. Just two of many.

Then again, I always have fun pissing on people like the Jana Partners people and other hedge fund bloodsuckers.

But nevermind all that Don. I'm always looking for a good beef sandwich. What's the place you were talking about?

Ike Bana
12-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Only thing I can really say to you is You have a lot of Hate in you for someone that professes to be in the helping people field.

You got an ignore button? Use it.

And exactly WTF do you know about the mental health profession? Not much if you think we're not as pissed off, or even more pissed off at thieves, violent offenders, narcissistic shitbags, and other schmucks who go out of their way to make life miserable for anybody they happen to run into. If I can help anybody I want to help the people victimized by shitbags like this.

Anybody who wants to work with perps is perfectly welcome to it. Not me. Far as I'm concerned, we can load up the garbage scow, ship them all off to some little perp island, and let them rot. The huge majority of people on this planet who have had miserable and horrible childhoods never perp on anybody.

JJIII
12-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Lotta hate in the world.

Charles
12-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Lotta hate in the world.

BAM!!!

Chas

one1
12-23-2013, 03:05 PM
You got an ignore button? Use it.

And exactly WTF do you know about the mental health profession? Not much if you think we're not as pissed off, or even more pissed off at thieves, violent offenders, narcissistic shitbags, and other schmucks who go out of their way to make life miserable for anybody they happen to run into. If I can help anybody I want to help the people victimized by shitbags like this.

Anybody who wants to work with perps is perfectly welcome to it. Not me. Far as I'm concerned, we can load up the garbage scow, ship them all off to some little perp island, and let them rot. The huge majority of people on this planet who have had miserable and horrible childhoods never perp on anybody.

First of all metal health is a state of mind ,just like your attitude about life in general.I am not going to ignore ignorace running rampant.You Sir are a Phony .to yourself most of all you want to come off as a big person but shrink back down to some primal jackass that would not know mental from dental.You are a perp think about it,if you dare.

one1
12-23-2013, 03:10 PM
I got lots of ideas for intervening the the behavior of the investment banking and hedge funding vampires. Just to start:

1. On investment bankers. Strict limits on how much of the money used to buy paper for new derivative investment banking products can be leveraged. Dodd/Frank doesn't go anywhere near far enough.

2. On hedge funders. Take them out behind the building and shoot them. If that won't be allowed, strict limits on high speed and high volume equity trading. When I'm king the NYSE will be like in the old days...every trade required somebody handing a piece of paper to somebody else.

So there's two. Just two of many.

Then again, I always have fun pissing on people like the Jana Partners people and other hedge fund bloodsuckers.

But nevermind all that Don. I'm always looking for a good beef sandwich. What's the place you were talking about?

And you are a hipocrite,you are so much for gun control yet you would use them to blow away the big bad bankers.it would be just as easy to just hang them.

JJIII
12-23-2013, 03:21 PM
One1 fires back at Ike!;)

donquixote99
12-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Nicest thing he could do to him!

Ike Bana
12-23-2013, 04:16 PM
First of all metal health is a state of mind ,just like your attitude about life in general.I am not going to ignore ignorace running rampant.You Sir are a Phony .to yourself most of all you want to come off as a big person but shrink back down to some primal jackass that would not know mental from dental.You are a perp think about it,if you dare.

Mental health is a state of mind? That's really deep. Where'd you get that...Norman Vincent Peale? Mental health is many things. It's enhanced by many things, it's impaired by many things.

You'd be good at the mental health though. I can tell. Some poor guy who can't eat, can't sleep, can't concentrate, can't do much but hide under the covers...goes in to get help from you and you tell him..."Hey! Lighten up, think positive...your depression is just a state of mind."

Yeh...you know all about mental health.

Ike Bana
12-23-2013, 04:18 PM
And you are a hipocrite,you are so much for gun control yet you would use them to blow away the big bad bankers.it would be just as easy to just hang them.

Hey! I didn't say I want to shoot anybody.

Dondilion
12-23-2013, 04:21 PM

Donquixote99, you sir are not only deep, but funny. :D

BTW because of you I am going to revisit "Don Quixote".
I read it in my early early youth and only things I can remember
was that he wanted to tilt at the wind mills and his companion
Sancho was his foil - a means to illuminate the practical side of
life to Don.

BlueStreak
12-23-2013, 04:38 PM

Damn lazy workers and their unions! When will they stop destroying great companies like Dominicks's?:rolleyes:

Dave

BlueStreak
12-23-2013, 04:46 PM

Yes, it is. But, what difference does it really make when such moves cause increased hardship in the poorest neighborhoods, which also just happen to be predominantly non-white? The previous ownership probably maintained the less profitable stores in the poor neighborhoods because they actually gave a shit about the people.

What sort of future do you think were building with an ideology and business ethic that doesn't give a shit about the people?

There's a thought to ponder this Christmas.

Dave

Charles
12-23-2013, 04:53 PM

Precisely. Give the man what he wants.

Chas

one1
12-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Yes, it is. But, what difference does it really make when such moves cause increased hardship in the poorest neighborhoods, which also just happen to be predominantly non-white? The previous ownership probably maintained the less profitable stores in the poor neighborhoods because they actually gave a shit about the people.

What sort of future do you think were building with an ideology and business ethic that doesn't give a shit about the people?

Dave

That is why wally world gets all the EBT bussiness,you see things realy do work out in lolipop land.It really is a money factor.there are snider ways to ease in to the racial ring and do harm.

one1
12-23-2013, 05:46 PM

Dave

Dave is it me ,or are you trying to stick me in a categorie as a bible thumper cause if so,well lets just say it is very amusing.again i probaly mistook your post.

BlueStreak
12-23-2013, 05:51 PM
That is why wally world gets all the EBT bussiness,you see things realy do work out in lolipop land.It really is a money factor.there are snider ways to ease in to the racial ring and do harm.

And, it also probably why they do what they can to create more EBT business. Why, just think of the sales numbers they'll have when we're ALL on food stamps....;)

one1
12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
And, it also probably why they do what they can to create more EBT business. Why, just think of the sales numbers they'll have when we're ALL on food stamps....;)

it is all relative in one way or another,the poor get pooer and the rich get richer and me, I get stupider.

one1
12-23-2013, 05:56 PM
i,ma go and watch sleepy hollow with my life partner,you all can figure out the who what and why.

BlueStreak
12-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Dave is it me ,or are you trying to stick me in a categorie as a bible thumper cause if so,well lets just say it is very amusing.again i probaly mistook your post.

I have no idea what your religious beliefs are, nor do I care. However, many who do fit the description of "Biblethumper" do seem to support the sort of business ethic I described. The irony of this is one of the most "amusing" things I can think of.

To quote Frank Zappa in regard to such people;

"Jesus thinks you're an asshole."

Dave

bobabode
12-23-2013, 07:31 PM
You mean you don't share Rush Limpbooger's views on the Pope? I'm shocked Dave...;)

BlueStreak
12-23-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Jesus thinks Rush is an asshole too.

donquixote99
12-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Donquixote99, you sir are not only deep, but funny. :D

BTW because of you I am going to revisit "Don Quixote".
I read it in my early early youth and only things I can remember
was that he wanted to tilt at the wind mills and his companion
Sancho was his foil - a means to illuminate the practical side of
life to Don.

Thanks. I have the literary DQ's instinct to rescue fair maidens, and I've been befuddled ever since I learned, very early, that they don't want to be rescued....

one1
12-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Hey! I didn't say I want to shoot anybody.

you sure did revisit post #24

one1
12-24-2013, 07:00 AM

Dave ,You Sir are undenibly Unique.

Ike Bana
12-24-2013, 07:42 AM
you sure did revisit post #24

I'm gonna be kind and not call you a liar...so, now you're just making shit up. (Then again, I'm new here...maybe you're always making shit up.)

But you go ahead and produce #24 where I said I want to personally get my Glock (???) and take any hedgefund managers out back and shoot them myself.

Ike Bana
12-24-2013, 07:46 AM

Dave ,You Sir are undenibly Unique.

In addition to being undenibly Unique...Dave is undenibly Hilarious.

If Jesus walked into the studio at the EIB, it would make the incident with the money changers at the temple look like a leisurely stroll in the park on a warm spring morning.

one1
12-24-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm gonna be kind and not call you a liar...so, now you're just making shit up. (Then again, I'm new here...maybe you're always making shit up.)

But you go ahead and produce #24 where I said I want to personally get my Glock (???) and take any hedgefund managers out back and shoot them myself.

as long as you are not pulling the trigger it is ok then,Right,you cant make shit fit.you got caught playing in yoiur own poop be a man and admit it.

Ike Bana
12-24-2013, 08:23 AM
as long as you are not pulling the trigger it is ok then,Right,you cant make shit fit.you got caught playing in yoiur own poop be a man and admit it.

Yep now I've been caught out...me and Shakespeare. Reckon I'll continue to prefer his philosophical company to yours. Teh evul schmuck that I am.

Meantime...try actually reading the posts before you accuse others of shit they never said.

one1
12-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Yep now I've been caught out...me and Shakespeare. Reckon I'll continue to prefer his philosophical company to yours. Teh evul schmuck that I am.

Meantime...try actually reading the posts before you accuse others of shit they never said.

It aint that important my brother.

Ike Bana
12-24-2013, 09:37 AM
It aint that important my brother.

You made an issue of it, not me.

one1
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
You made an issue of it, not me.

My Humble Apologies.

mpholland
12-24-2013, 08:14 PM

I'm pretty sure Jesus quit thinking a couple millenia ago, but I am quite content thinking Rush is an asshole as a WWJD thought.

BlueStreak
12-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Jesus quit thinking a couple millenia ago, but I am quite content thinking Rush is an asshole as a WWJD thought.

Some seem to think he lives on. Cures their hemorrhoids, fixes their broke toasters and all sorts o' stuffs like that.

Dave

Dondilion
12-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks. I have the literary DQ's instinct to rescue fair maidens, and I've been befuddled ever since I learned, very early, that they don't want to be rescued....

Dumb broads! :D