PDA

View Full Version : President with the most juice.

one1
12-28-2013, 06:34 AM
Below is a list of American Presidents,please Post a comment on which one You Tought did the Office the most good and why.I will start and for the obvius reason that realy Irks me and that is the party affiliation BullShit.so I start With George Washinton For his Stance on Party affiliations.

Washington, George None (He opposed political parties)
02 Adams, John Federalist
03 Jefferson, Thomas Democratic-Republican
04 Madison, James Democratic-Republican
05 Monroe, James Democratic-Republican
06 Adams, John Quincy Democratic-Republican
07 Jackson, Andrew Democratic
08 Van Buren, Martin Democratic
09 Harrison, William Henry Whig
10 Tyler, John Whig
11 Polk, James Knox Democratic
12 Taylor, Zachary Whig
13 Fillmore, Millard Whig
14 Pierce, Franklin Democratic
15 Buchanan, James Democratic
16 Lincoln, Abraham Republican
17 Johnson, Andrew War Union
18 Grant, Ulysses S. Republican
19 Hayes, Rutherford Birchard Republican
20 Garfield, James Abram Republican
21 Arthur, Chester Alan Republican
22 Cleveland, Grover Democratic
23 Harrison, Benjamin Republican
24 Cleveland, Grover Democratic
25 McKinley, William Republican
26 Roosevelt, Theodore Republican
27 Taft, William Howard Republican
28 Wilson, Woodrow Democratic
29 Harding, Warren Gamaliel Republican
30 Coolidge, Calvin Republican
31 Hoover, Herbert Clark Republican
32 Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Democratic
33 Truman, Harry Democratic
34 Eisenhower, Dwight David Republican
35 Kennedy, John Fitzgerald Democratic
36 Johnson, Lyndon Baines Democratic
37 Nixon, Richard Milhous Republican
38 Ford, Gerald Rudolph Republican
39 Carter, James Earl Jr. Democratic
40 Reagan, Ronald Wilson Republican
41 Bush, George Herbert Walker Republican
42 Clinton, William Jefferson Democratic
43 Bush, George Walker Republican
44 Obama, Barack Hussein Democratic

one1
12-28-2013, 06:40 AM
You can Also say your least favorite too since that seems to be easy for some of you Blowhard Haters.

barbara
12-28-2013, 06:45 AM
I have always liked Carter and believe he is, in general, under rated.

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Abraham Lincoln. Held the nation together and thus was able over the long run to ease/modify considerably the effects of King Cotton.

one1
12-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Abe Will Probally get the most Nod's,Elaborate a little about the policys or landmark decisions these men did while in office too.I will do the same for Gen. Washington.OK I cheated I did a cut and paste job but it works ,Also I wanted to point out Geaorge Washington Was a Very High Ranking FreeMason

George Washington, The Mason

George Washington joined the Masonic Lodge in Fredericksburg, Virginia at the age of 20 in 1752. His Masonic membership, like the others public titles and duties he performed, was expected from a young man of his social status in colonial Virginia. During the War for Independence, General Washington attended Masonic celebration and religious observances in several states. He also supported Masonic Lodges that formed within army regiments.

At his first inauguration in 1791, President Washington took his oath of office on a Bible from St. John's Lodge in New York. During his two terms, he visited Masons in North and South Carolina and presided over the cornerstone ceremony for the U.S. Capitol in 1793.

In retirement, Washington became charter Master of the newly chartered Alexandria Lodge No. 22, sat for a portrait in his Masonic regalia, and in death, was buried with Masonic honors.

Such was Washington's character, that from almost the day he took his Masonic obligations until his death, he became the same man in private that he was in public. In Masonic terms, he remained "a just and upright Mason" and became a true Master Mason. Washington was, in Masonic terms, a “living stone” who became the cornerstone of American civilization. He remains the milestone others civilizations follow into liberty and equality. He is Freemasonry's “perfect ashlar” upon which countless Master Masons gauge their labors in their own Lodges and in their own communities.

George Washington is an American hero whose fame is not wholly accounted for by the record of his life. Like Lincoln, the man was infinitely greater than anything he did. A military genius, he wrested liberty from tyranny; a statesman, he helped evolve a stable government from political chaos; a patriot, he refused a crown. Wisdom, patience, tolerance, courage, consecration to the righteous cause animated his every act. Ingratitude, injustice and treachery never embittered him, but served to strengthen his character. He grew in dignity and in capacity to the need of his growing responsibility and power, but he never became arrogant and ambition and opportunity never tempted him from the narrow path of honor.

Quick facts and trivia:

Birthday: February 22, 1732
Birthplace: Wakefield, Virginia (near Pope's Creek, Virginia)
College or University: none
Religion: Episcopalian
Occupation or Profession: Planter, Surveyor, Military
Military Rank: General
Married: (January 6, 1759) Mrs. Martha Dandridge Custis
Children:
- 2 stepchildren - John "Jackie" Parke Custis (1754 - 1781) and Martha "Patsy" Parke Custis (1756 - 1773)
- 2 stepgrandchildren - Eleanor "Nelly" Parke Custis and George Washington "Washy" Parke Custis
President number: First President of U.S.
Political Party: None (Washington opposed the idea of political parties)
Runner Up: none
Vice President: John Adams
Age at Inauguration: 57
Served: 1789-1797
Number of terms: 2
Other Offices or Commissions: President of Constitutional Convention, Lieutenant General and Commander in Chief of new United States Army
Died: December 14, 1799
Age at Death: 67
Place of Burial: Mount Vernon, Virginia
Other Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- Washington was the only president to be elected unanimously.
- Washington became known as "the father of his country."
- Washington was the only president inaugurated in 2 cities - New York and Philadelphia.
- Washington was the only president that did not live in the White House. He was involved in the planning of the Capitol.
- Washington did his own bookkeeping and recorded every penny of expense or profit. His ledgers still exist today.
- There were 13 stars on the United States flag when Washington became President in 1789.
- Five states were added to the Union during Washington's presidency - North Carolina (1789), Rhode Island (1790), Vermont (1791), Kentucky (1792), and Tennessee (1796).
- By the time Washington became president, he had only one real tooth left. He had many sets of false teeth.

finnbow
12-28-2013, 07:11 AM
I like Ike.

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 07:25 AM
I like Ike.

And why?

finnbow
12-28-2013, 07:33 AM
And why?

By 20th Century political standards, he seemed honest and above-the-fray. Plus, he and my father were friends. Hence, this autographed picture.

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=595&d=1292427959

one1
12-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Abraham Lincoln. Held the nation together and thus was able over the long run to ease/modify considerably the effects of King Cotton.

In my opinion I think Abraham Lincoln was effective Because of the enviroment he came up in,It was not tainted by the rose colored specticles worn by the upper crust.He saw thae world as it was,All the ugliness it had to offer.so He knew what issues to go after and what was relavent.that is what ,Inmy opinion stops a lot of our leaders from doing a effective Job,The plain and simple fact ,they Dont know what the hell is going on in the world around them by this I mean in their own backyard.

one1
12-28-2013, 08:00 AM
By 20th Century political standards, he seemed honest and above-the-fray. Plus, he and my father were friends. Hence, this autographed picture.

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=595&d=1292427959

That Is why I have a Likeing For the Infamous Ronald Reagon,He sent Me a Letter Thanking Me for My service,And being the Mush head I am It meant something to me.I know that it is a biased reason to admire someone ,but it is what it is.And I know How You feel finnbow.

Charles
12-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I think Clinton had the most juice.

Chas

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 08:03 AM
My modern president was Harry Truman.

Had the guts drop to the bomb on the barbarity from the east (check the rape of Nanking).

Also had the guts to integrate the army.

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 08:15 AM
That Is why I have a Likeing For the Infamous Ronald Reagon,He sent Me a Letter Thanking Me for My service,And being the Mush head I am It meant something to me.I know that it is a biased reason to admire someone ,but it is what it is.And I know How You feel finnbow.

I hope it was not one of those mass produced letters.

one1
12-28-2013, 08:19 AM
I hope it was not one of those mass produced letters.

It probaly was,but it still meant something.sometimes just the idea of someone making a Gester wether personal or impersonal packs weight.

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 08:20 AM

Chas

Monica can validate that.

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 08:24 AM
It probaly was,but it still meant something.sometimes just the idea of someone making a jester wether personal or impersonal packs weight.

OK but be careful. Change the j to g...gesture.

one1
12-28-2013, 08:26 AM
OK but be careful. Change the j to g...gesture.

gotcha,but you do know who I am right the guy that cant spell for shit>>thats me LOL ,My spell check jumped ship and I havent been able to find him,workin on it though.

one1
12-28-2013, 08:30 AM

Chas

He def had the juice, them troopers in AR can atest to that.Bill had good intetions he just never could get them out there though.

JJIII
12-28-2013, 08:47 AM
He def had the juice, them troopers in AR can atest to that.Bill had good intetions he just never could get them out there though.

That's because he was busy getting something else "out there".;)

Zeke
12-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I am a firm proponent of FDR.

He conquered major health issues, a depression and -- although he did not live to see it -- a war.

He, quite literally, gave his life to the Big Chair and this nation. There's no question that he would have lived a longer and less stressful existence without four Presidential elections...

BlueStreak
12-28-2013, 08:52 AM
"........has the most juice."

I take that the mean the ballsiest, but not necessarily the most popular.

Of all time?

Top five in chronological order;

1). Jackson
2). Polk
3). TR
4). FDR
5). Truman

Everyone after Truman was either a wimp, a fool or a corporate spokesman. (like Reagan).:p

Dave

one1
12-28-2013, 08:55 AM

He conquered major health issues, a depression and -- although he did not live to see it -- a war.

He, quite literally, gave his life to the Big Chair and this nation. There's no question that he would have lived a longer and less stressful existence without four Presidential elections...

And that is the truth on the really happened that way ticket,well said.

BlueStreak
12-28-2013, 08:57 AM

Chas

LMAO! We know this is true, we saw it on Monicas dress.

Dave

one1
12-28-2013, 08:58 AM
"........has the most juice."

I take that the mean the ballsiest, but not necessarily the most popular.

Of all time?

Top five in chronological order;

1). Jackson
2). Polk
3). TR
4). FDR
5). Truman

Everyone after Truman was either a wimp, a fool or a corporate spokesman. (like Reagan).:p

Dave

You are right at least know you know why i feel for Reagon,and it is not for his policys or lifestyle.

Jackson is one I like also for his defience of the banking system.Good picks.

BlueStreak
12-28-2013, 09:01 AM

He knew how to handle Republicans. They hated him for it and he didn't care.:)

Dave

one1
12-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I think Obama Has a Chance to do some good,TIME will tell.

BlueStreak
12-28-2013, 11:03 AM
I think Obama Has a Chance to do some good,TIME will tell.

I think he already has, but some people refuse to give him credit for anything, no matter what it is. It's telling and that makes me sad, really.

Dave

one1
12-28-2013, 11:11 AM
I think he already has, but some people refuse to give him credit for anything, no matter what it is. It's telling and that makes me sad, really.

Dave

It is just the way we are as a society,good will never be reconized much anymore there ire too many opposing party's

Tom Joad
12-28-2013, 02:41 PM

To be fair FDR was able to get a lot done because he had some significant majorities in congress to back him up. The same can be said for LBJ.

Check it out:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html

BlueStreak
12-28-2013, 03:24 PM
To be fair FDR was able to get a lot done because he had some significant majorities in congress to back him up. The same can be said for LBJ.

Check it out:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html

Yeah, but the composition of congress also reflects, to some degree, the popularity of the sitting administration at the time of the midterm elections.

Notice the Democratic majority grows, the longer FDR is in office.

Dave

bobabode
12-28-2013, 03:42 PM
FDR for the reasons stated by Zeke
Kennedy for all sorts of reasons
Carter who had a tough row to hoe after that crook Nixon

Don't really care for all of the modern Repubs, some more than others.

donquixote99
12-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Harry S. Truman is probably my modern favorite. Not the deepest thinker, but a ferocious sense of duty. He wasn't always right, and he was of course greatly disliked at some times, much more than he deserved. But for 'juice' you can't beat Truman.

icenine
12-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Lincoln....saved the United States as a nation by keeping the Union together

FDR The New Deal is our paradigm whether you know it or not

all the others just operate in the shadows of those two...but that does not mean they did not accomplish great things

TR,Truman, LBJ and Ike (I wonder how many baggers use the intersate)

Charles
12-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Harry S. Truman is probably my modern favorite. Not the deepest thinker, but a ferocious sense of duty. He wasn't always right, and he was of course greatly disliked at some times, much more than he deserved. But for 'juice' you can't beat Truman.

Hairy Ass is still beloved by both parties in the Show Me State.

The quintessential Missourian. Does what he thinks he has to do, don't give a shit whether anyone likes it or not. The buck stops here, you know who to blame.

He knew something about being the boss. And he had the guts to fire MacAuthur.

All said and done, I still think Old Hickory had more shit in his breeches than anyone. He took on the powers that be and won.

Chas

BlueStreak
12-28-2013, 10:30 PM

The quintessential Missourian. Does what he thinks he has to do, don't give a shit whether anyone likes it or not. The buck stops here, you know who to blame.

All said and done, I still think Old Hickory had more shit in his breeches than anyone. He took on the powers that be and won.

Chas

Agreed. That's why the two of them are on my list.

I added Polk, because he was the one president that listed exactly what he wanted to accomplish in one term....and came damn close to doing it. Probably closer than anyone else ever did. Some may not agree with everything he did, but he did as he said he was going to do. Well, better than 90% of it anyhow.

Sea to Shining Sea, Baby!

Dave

Charles
12-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Agreed. That's why the two of them are on my list.

I added Polk, because he was the one president that listed exactly what he wanted to accomplish in one term....and came damn close to doing it. Probably closer than anyone else ever did. Some may not agree with everything he did, but he did as he said he was going to do. Well, better than 90% of it anyhow.

Sea to Shining Sea, Baby!

Dave

Never followed Polk.

But if you like 'em, I'll check 'em out. I do hold a certain amount of regard as to your opinion.

Chas

Dondilion
12-28-2013, 11:28 PM

Chas

You mean he fired the Emperor.:D
Mac underrated and woefully misjudged Truman.

Rex E.
12-28-2013, 11:52 PM

Chas

Grandparents house was not far from his farm. Been there a few times.

The old man always said he was a "Truman Democrat".....

icenine
12-29-2013, 12:24 AM
We should give Carter another term...heck he does not seem to be slowing down...

BlueStreak
12-29-2013, 07:00 AM
How old is Jimmy? He's gotta be close to 90, if not older. I hear he still participates in Habitat for Humanity. If that's true, it's amazing. I did see him in an interview not long ago. He looked old, but sounded just as sharp as usual. Like him or not he is a smart guy and to still be this active at his age is sayin' something.

Dave

BlueStreak
12-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Never followed Polk.

But if you like 'em, I'll check 'em out. I do hold a certain amount of regard as to your opinion.

Chas

James K. Polk, Democrat from Tennessee;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_K._Polk

Dave

bobabode
12-29-2013, 03:04 PM
James K. Polk, Democrat from Tennessee;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_K._Polk

Dave

Interesting read, I'm about half way through it. A soft abolitionist slaveholding Democrat?

BlueStreak
12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Interesting read, I'm about half way through it. A soft abolitionist slaveholding Democrat?

Yeah, like I said, You may not like all of his ways and policies. But, he said he'd do it all in one term......

......then he did.

Dave

bobabode
12-29-2013, 04:18 PM
He stuck it to the Brits over Oregonia and was for the Missoura Compromise being extended to the west coast. Hmmm. He did walk the line , I'll give him that. A man of his times, a good one it appears in a lot of respects. I'll need to read more about him.