PDA

View Full Version : Evolution be damned

Rajoo
12-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Republicans' belief in evolution plummets, poll reveals

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/republicans-belief-in-evolution-plummets-poll-reveals/

Very difficult for me to understand the rationale for this thinking. But then why don't these people believe that the earth is flat? Sort of goes hand in hand.

Dondilion
12-30-2013, 06:21 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/republicans-belief-in-evolution-plummets-poll-reveals/

Very difficult for me to understand the rationale for this thinking. But then why don't these people believe that the earth is flat? Sort of goes hand in hand.

Not hand in hand. Not a good comparison.

finnbow
12-30-2013, 06:34 PM
I suppose their beliefs are based on the fact that Republican thinking refuses to evolve.

BlueStreak
12-30-2013, 10:09 PM

They believe their religion is under attack and they're very insecure about it.
The odd thing is, is that it's not their religion that's under attack. It's their stupid political beliefs. I guess they've lost the ability to tell the difference. Which is kinda scary, if you think about it..

Dave

barbara
12-30-2013, 10:12 PM
They believe their religion is under attack and they're very insecure about it.

The odd thing is, is that it's not their religion that's under attack. It's their stupid political beliefs. I guess they've lost the ability to tell the difference.

Dave

Yep... I think you got it right. They follow right wing talking points religiously and they preach their politics to the believers.

donquixote99
12-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Well, these folks can be outvoted, that's the silver lining.....

bobabode
12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
I guess 'stupid' is catching on in some circles...:rolleyes:

Dondilion
12-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Modern technology has made it quite easy to see that the earth is
spherical.

Evolution is a more complex issue.

BlueStreak
12-31-2013, 04:54 AM
Is it? Perhaps.

But, I still think a slow evolution to what we are today, (For better or worse), makes more sense than a magical ghost commanding, "Let there be people!" and POOF!, here we are. To me this even seems a bit silly.

However, religion tells us God created man, but doesn't explain how he did it.

So, who knows?

Dave

merrylander
12-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Is it? Perhaps.

But, I still think a slow evolution to what we are today, (For better or worse), makes more sense than a magical ghost commanding, "Let there be people!" and POOF!, here we are. To me this even seems a bit silly.

However, religion tells us God created man, but doesn't explain how he did it.

So, who knows?

Dave

Also the translation might be bad, 'created in his image' or 'created as he imagined'?

piece-itpete
12-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Modern technology has made it quite easy to see that the earth is
spherical.

Evolution is a more complex issue.

The devil you say! You'll fall off the edge, I'm telling you!!

I suppose their beliefs are based on the fact that Republican thinking refuses to evolve.

ROTFLMAO!!

Pete

bobabode
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Then there is the good doctor from Georgia who is running for the Senate this year. Georgia Rep. Paul "Lies from the pit of hell" Brown-TP. He sits on the science and technology committee in House. :rolleyes: